Review: could Neurontin cause Psychosis?
Summary: Psychosis is reported only by a few people who take Neurontin.
We study 56,298 people who have side effects while taking Neurontin from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Psychosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Psychosis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Neurontin and have Psychosis >>>
Neurontin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 57,802 Neurontin users)
Psychosis has been reported by people with schizophrenia, depression, stress and anxiety, bipolar disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest reports from 579 Psychosis patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 56,298 people reported to have side effects when taking Neurontin. Among them, 5 people (0.01%) have Psychosis.
Time on Neurontin when people have Psychosis * :
Age of people who have Psychosis when taking Neurontin * :
Severity of Psychosis when taking Neurontin ** :
How people recovered from Psychosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetic neuropathy (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonazepam (2 people, 40.00%)
- Olanzapine (2 people, 40.00%)
- Lithium carbonate (2 people, 40.00%)
- Cogentin (1 people, 20.00%)
- Risperdal (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of neurontin and psychosis on
Do you have Psychosis while taking Neurontin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Neurontin and have Psychosis
- support group for people who take Neurontin
- support group for people who have Psychosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Neurontin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Tylenol, Gabapentin for a 75-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Tadalafil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Ramipril for a 56-year old man who has Pain In Limb
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.