Home > Neurontin > Psychosis > Neurontin and Psychosis
Review: could Neurontin cause Psychosis?
We study 56,260 people who have side effects while taking Neurontin from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Psychosis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Neurontin and have Psychosis >>>
Neurontin (latest outcomes from 57,758 users) has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in pain.
Psychosis (latest reports from 701 patients) has been reported by people with depression, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, bipolar disorder, stress and anxiety, epilepsy.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 56,255 people reported to have side effects when taking Neurontin. Among them, 5 people (0.01%) have Psychosis.
Time on Neurontin when people have Psychosis * :
Gender of people who have Psychosis when taking Neurontin * :
Age of people who have Psychosis when taking Neurontin * :
Severity of Psychosis when taking Neurontin ** :
How people recovered from Psychosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetic neuropathy (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonazepam (2 people, 40.00%)
- Olanzapine (2 people, 40.00%)
- Lithium carbonate (2 people, 40.00%)
- Cogentin (1 people, 20.00%)
- Risperdal (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Do you have Psychosis while taking Neurontin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Neurontin
- support group for people who have Psychosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does nexplanon have nickel in it?
(Asked by a 20 year old woman who has Nickel Allergy , Epilepsy, and takes Zantac, Lidocaine Hydrochloride, Gabapentin)
I have a severe nickel allergy and I have epilepsy. I am considering explain to reduce periodes since my seizures are worse that time of the month. I need to know if nexplanon has nickel because I need to avoid it if it does.
- Can gabapentin cause bladder distension? there is no urinary symptom .
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral, Renal Failure - Chronic, Bladder Distension, and takes Pyridoxine, Methylcobalamin, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Gabapentin)
Existing illness are Chronic renal failure (after hydro uretero nephrosis due to BPH) and peripheral neuropathy (vit B6 deficiency ) after ATT are the major problems along with BP .At present , the problem is that creatinine gas risen from 1,1 to 1.5 in 6 months .Since 6 months , I am taking medicin ...
- Did anyone stop losing hair after being off gabapentin?
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has Interstitial Cystitis.losing Hair, and takes Gabapentin )
I had been taking gabapentin for interstitial cystitis. I had only been on it for 5 months and a couple of months in I noticed everytime I took a shower tons of hair was coming out and when ever I ran my fingers through my hair I always had a lot of hair come out then too. It has become very dry an ...
- What could be causing eye pain and headacne and bright glaring light on the right side only?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Occular Migraine, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Lunesta, Trental, Fosinopril Sodium, Ativan, Celexa, Simvastatin, Neurontin, Lortab, Combivent Respimat)
Senitive to light, can't spend long on computer or cell phone. Diagnosed with anklylosing spondylosis
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who takes Wellbutrin, Synthroid, Seroquel, Neurontin, Nexium, Losartan, Lamictal, Cardizem La)
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing work ...
More questions for: Neurontin, Psychosis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Metabolic Syndrome, Aortic Valve Replacement, Coronary Artery Disease, and takes Nitrostat, Acyclovir, Gabapentin, Hytrin, Metformin, Aspirin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Ranexa, Hydrochlorothiazide, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium)
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- Cough and gabapentin
(Posted by a 76 year old man who has Chronic Cough, and takes Gabapentin)
Have chronic cough for 6 yr's at least.3 yr's ago it got bad enough to seek doc. Help. Took all the tests . Tried to tell me I had asthma,copd, ect. Put me on sprivia, symbicort, singular, helped a little for awhile. Long story short. Went to one doc. He asked me some questions about my cough. Figu ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Prescribed drugs side effect
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Oral Candidiasis, and takes Fluoxetine, Baclofen, Gabapentin)
I have been on these 2 drugs (Gabapentin and Baclofen) prescribed by my gp for osteoarthritis and nerve damage in my full back.Now also suffering from the grief of losing my beloved companion Harvey (dog),I was diagnosed with deep depression. I was given fluoxetine and have been taking this for alm ...
- Neurotin and venous insufficiency
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Ulcers On Lower Exteemities, Chronic Venous Insufficiency, and takes Gabapentin)
I have been on neurotin/gabapentin for 8 years with in the last 3 years I have developed venous insufficiency with reoccurring ulcers near my ankle bones both on the medial and lateral sides of the ankles.I have endured 2 ablations. The first in the left leg for the lesser saphenous vein and one on ...
More reviews for: Neurontin, Psychosis
- A study of side effects of Neurontin for a patient with Overactive Bladder. The patient has Fatigue, Weight Gain, Drooping Eyelids, Diminished Muscle Tone, Depression, Anxiety, Not Feeling Myself, Moon Face, Weight Around Middle And Fat Deposits
Comments: My muscle tone started diminishing, had changes in skin..thinner, uneven tone. weakness. heaviness in body, weight gain only around middle, fatigue, weak grip, lose balance sometimes, funny feeling in stomack and chest, panic like attacks, but it's not panic attacks all the time, swollen face and fa ...
- A study of side effects of Tegretol for a patient with Bipolar. The patient has Psychosis
Comments: I started taking Tegretol within a month of childbirth for symptoms of depression and irritability. I sought treatment. I informed my doctor that I had been diagnosed in the past as bipolar and post traumatic stress disorder. Most of my doctors had only recommended psychotherapy with no medication. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Besylate, Neurontin, Adderall Xr 20, Desipramine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D for a patient with Asthma Exercise Induced, Migraine, Add, Major Depression, Overall Wellness. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Fatigue, Depression
Comments: Increased dreaming and sleepwalking on neurontin. Found it affects me like clockwork. I must take it by 7pm in order to get up by 6am; otherwise I'm too woozy to drive even by 8am. Trying to make sure I took it early enough, I've taken at 6pm, but I wake up at 5am (I'm not a morning person!) like ...
- A study of side effects of Claritin for a patient with Allergic Sinusitis. The patient has Tic (a sudden, repetitive, nonrhythmic motor movement or vocalization involving discrete muscle groups), Psychosis
Comments: wasnt told to discontinue after allergy season or symptom relief. prescribed 1x day. took continously for 1-1.5 years. tics developed so med was stopped suddenly. psychotic type thoughts began emerging the last year of use, but not recognized as a psychosis until suicidal ideation was verbalized. on ...
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Zyrtec Allergy, Bacillus Probiotics, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Dextromorphan Hydrobromide, Cymbalta, Lasix, Carbamazepine, Zonisamide, Tegretol, Gabapentin for a patient with Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Back Injury, Seasonal Allergy, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Muscle Spasms, Cough, Depression, Fluid Retention, Trigeminal Nerve Disorder. The patient has Back Injury, Back And Forth Eye Movements, Cough, Facial Nerve Disorder
Comments: 1st 3 symptoms due to a tooth extraction on 10/22/12 by an over-zealous dentist. After much effort the tooth finally came out and he exclaimed, "Most dentists would have sent a patient with a tooth like that to an oral surgeon, but I seem to have very good luck in getting them out." Little did I k ...
More related studies for: Neurontin, Psychosis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Xarelto and Muscle Pain
- Methimazole and Thrombophlebitis
- Zyprexa and Infertility
- Biotin and Vaginal Discharge
- Gynaecomastia and Atenolol
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (1 hour ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (5 hours ago)
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (7 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (1 hour ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (6 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pantoprazole, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Opana Er, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Augmentin '875' for a 57-year old man who has Heartburn, High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety And Stress, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Pain, Surgery (20 minutes ago)
- Tylenol W/ Codeine for a 25-year old woman who has TMD (1 hour ago)
- Citalopram Hydrobromide, Ativan, Budesonide for a 56-year old woman who has Anxiety, Colitis Microscopic (2 hours ago)