Review: could Neurontin cause Sleep disorder?
Summary: Sleep disorder is found among people who take Neurontin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Pain.
We study 56,293 people who have side effects while taking Neurontin from FDA and social media. Among them, 518 have Sleep disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleep disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Neurontin and have Sleep disorder >>>
Neurontin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 57,790 Neurontin users)
Sleep disorder has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 42,491 Sleep disorder patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 56,293 people reported to have side effects when taking Neurontin. Among them, 561 people (1.00%) have Sleep Disorder.
Time on Neurontin when people have Sleep disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sleep disorder||22.41%||15.52%||32.76%||12.07%||8.62%||6.90%||1.72% |
Age of people who have Sleep disorder when taking Neurontin * :
|Sleep disorder||0.19%||0.77%||1.35%||3.46%||7.69%||27.88%||35.38%||23.27% |
Severity of Sleep disorder when taking Neurontin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sleep disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Sleep disorder ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sleep disorder||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (179 people, 31.91%)
- Depression (92 people, 16.40%)
- Sleep disorder (43 people, 7.66%)
- Multiple myeloma (42 people, 7.49%)
- Osteoporosis (41 people, 7.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (138 people, 24.60%)
- Celebrex (95 people, 16.93%)
- Zometa (92 people, 16.40%)
- Zoloft (79 people, 14.08%)
- Lasix (76 people, 13.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Neurontin and sleep disorder on
Do you have Sleep Disorder while taking Neurontin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Neurontin and have Sleep Disorder
- support group for people who take Neurontin
- support group for people who have Sleep disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Percocet, Neurontin, Linzess for a 48-year old woman with Gallbladder Disease, Muscle Spasms, Constipation. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Pancreatitis, Fatty Liver Alcoholic
- A study of drug interactions between Robaxin, Cymbalta, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Sr, Paxil, Suboxone for a 33-year old woman with Pain - Muscles, Ocd, Anxiety And Stress, Nerve Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Anxiety Disorder, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic, Bone And Joint Pain, Cellulitis, Nerve Pain, Muscle Pain
Recent Neurontin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.