Neurontin and Stomach pain - from FDA reports
Stomach pain is found among people who take Neurontin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Stomach pain with Neurontin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 79,799 people who have side effects when taking Neurontin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
79,799 people reported to have side effects when taking Neurontin.
Among them, 2,338 people (2.93%) have Stomach pain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Neurontin when people have Stomach pain *:
- < 1 month: 20.83 %
- 1 - 6 months: 34.38 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.38 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.17 %
- 2 - 5 years: 15.62 %
- 5 - 10 years: 14.58 %
- 10+ years: 1.04 %
Gender of people who have Stomach pain when taking Neurontin *:
- female: 69.13 %
- male: 30.87 %
Age of people who have Stomach pain when taking Neurontin *:
- 0-1: 0.05 %
- 2-9: 0.41 %
- 10-19: 1.9 %
- 20-29: 5.23 %
- 30-39: 11.48 %
- 40-49: 21.12 %
- 50-59: 29.88 %
- 60+: 29.93 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (221 people, 9.45%)
- Multiple Myeloma (144 people, 6.16%)
- Stress And Anxiety (139 people, 5.95%)
- High Blood Pressure (126 people, 5.39%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (124 people, 5.30%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Oxycontin (423 people, 18.09%)
- Zometa (420 people, 17.96%)
- Ambien (388 people, 16.60%)
- Lasix (379 people, 16.21%)
- Aredia (363 people, 15.53%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (964 people, 41.23%)
- Stress And Anxiety (669 people, 28.61%)
- Diarrhea (660 people, 28.23%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (636 people, 27.20%)
- Breathing Difficulty (581 people, 24.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Stomach pain when taking Neurontin?
- Check symptoms - is stomach pain caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsStomach pain and drugs with ingredients of gabapentin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeStomach pain and Neurontin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Neurontin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Neurontin 82,726 users)
Stomach pain has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 137,907 Stomach pain patients).
Browse all side effects of Neurontina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Stomach painStomach pain
Could your condition cause Stomach painStomach pain
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been taking Mirapex for about six years first 1 mg a day then 2 mg a day and again 1 mg a day For about three to four months now, I have a pain in my upper abdomen, just beneath the rib cage I also have irregular bowels, flatulence and feel tired My blood tests are normal, so ...
It was a month ago that my doctor put me on Neurontin to deal with my nerve ending pain caused by multiple surgeries to my eye. Perhaps unrelated, I have an AI disease that is attacking my eyes (uveitis) and have had rather invasive surgeries to deal with its onslaught. I was told my last ...
User reviews to the study
Hi, I just started taking Hydrochlorothiazide 10 days ago. As of last night I have a persistent stabbing stomach pain, sometimes it feels hot. Not much for an appetite. And feeling nauseous :/. What causes the stomach pain when on Hydrochlorothiazide ?
I was talking cinnamon and neuronin. I ended up having no neuronin in my system. I was in serious pain. I stopped taking the cinnamon and I have been feeling better. I had to start at the lowest dose. I was taking 800mg 3x a day. I am now taking 300mg 3x day. It's helping but it doesn't get rid ...
I just started Gilenya 5 days ago and have had stomach pain from day two on. Everyday so far. Has anyone found out why? I've never had problems with stomach pain before unless sick and rarely. It's concerning??