Home > Neurontin > Tooth loss > Neurontin and Tooth loss
Review: could Neurontin cause Tooth loss?
We study 56,260 people who have side effects while taking Neurontin from FDA and social media. Among them, 344 have Tooth loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Tooth loss and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Neurontin and have Tooth loss >>>
Neurontin (latest outcomes from 57,750 users) has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia.
Tooth Loss (latest reports from 55,682 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, metastases to bone, breast cancer, pain, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 56,255 people reported to have side effects when taking Neurontin. Among them, 344 people (0.61%) have Tooth Loss.
Time on Neurontin when people have Tooth loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Tooth loss||0.00%||11.11%||0.00%||33.33%||44.44%||11.11%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Tooth loss when taking Neurontin * :
|Tooth loss||73.25%||26.75% |
Age of people who have Tooth loss when taking Neurontin * :
|Tooth loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.30%||2.12%||18.79%||40.91%||37.88% |
Severity of Tooth loss when taking Neurontin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Tooth loss||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Tooth loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Tooth loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (59 people, 17.15%)
- Anxiety (57 people, 16.57%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (42 people, 12.21%)
- Osteoporosis (40 people, 11.63%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (40 people, 11.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (218 people, 63.37%)
- Aredia (154 people, 44.77%)
- Ambien (123 people, 35.76%)
- Oxycontin (118 people, 34.30%)
- Flexeril (114 people, 33.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tooth Loss while taking Neurontin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Neurontin and have Tooth Loss
- support group for people who take Neurontin
- support group for people who have Tooth Loss
Comments from related studies:
From this study (11 months ago):
Have had 6 teeth snap off near the gum line in the lat year, and have one loose about to come out. Dentist says symptom is severe caries most likely from medicine taken
From this study (2 years ago):
Severe tooth damage, decay at gumline have lost 8 teeth in 2yrs time. Started neurontin at high doses in 2009/2010 its is now end 2012 and I have lost 8 teeth with all the rest to go. Literally.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Does nexplanon have nickel in it?
I have a severe nickel allergy and I have epilepsy. I am considering explain to reduce periodes since my seizures are worse that time of the month. I need to know if nexplanon has nickel because I need to avoid it if it does.
- Can gabapentin cause bladder distension? there is no urinary symptom .
Existing illness are Chronic renal failure (after hydro uretero nephrosis due to BPH) and peripheral neuropathy (vit B6 deficiency ) after ATT are the major problems along with BP .At present , the problem is that creatinine gas risen from 1,1 to 1.5 in 6 months .Since 6 months , I am taking medicin ...
- Did anyone stop losing hair after being off gabapentin?
I had been taking gabapentin for interstitial cystitis. I had only been on it for 5 months and a couple of months in I noticed everytime I took a shower tons of hair was coming out and when ever I ran my fingers through my hair I always had a lot of hair come out then too. It has become very dry an ...
More questions for: Neurontin, Tooth loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Prescribed drugs side effect
I have been on these 2 drugs (Gabapentin and Baclofen) prescribed by my gp for osteoarthritis and nerve damage in my full back.Now also suffering from the grief of losing my beloved companion Harvey (dog),I was diagnosed with deep depression. I was given fluoxetine and have been taking this for alm ...
- Neurotin and venous insufficiency
I have been on neurotin/gabapentin for 8 years with in the last 3 years I have developed venous insufficiency with reoccurring ulcers near my ankle bones both on the medial and lateral sides of the ankles.I have endured 2 ablations. The first in the left leg for the lesser saphenous vein and one on ...
More reviews for: Neurontin, Tooth loss
On eHealthMe, Neurontin (gabapentin) is often used for neuralgia. Find out below the conditions Neurontin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Neurontin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (2 hours ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (2 hours ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- High Blood Cholesterol and Dark Circles Under Eyes
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (4 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (5 hours ago)
- Ectopic Ureter
- Blood Pressure Increased
- Vaginal Yeast Infection