Review: could Neurontin cause Tooth loss?
Summary: Tooth loss is found among people who take Neurontin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Breast cancer.
We study 56,293 people who have side effects while taking Neurontin from FDA and social media. Among them, 344 have Tooth loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Tooth loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Neurontin and have Tooth loss >>>
Neurontin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 57,794 Neurontin users)
Tooth loss has been reported by people with osteoporosis, metastases to bone, breast cancer, pain, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 5,117 Tooth loss patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 56,293 people reported to have side effects when taking Neurontin. Among them, 344 people (0.61%) have Tooth Loss.
Time on Neurontin when people have Tooth loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Tooth loss||0.00%||11.11%||0.00%||33.33%||44.44%||11.11%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Tooth loss when taking Neurontin * :
|Tooth loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.30%||2.12%||18.79%||40.91%||37.88% |
Severity of Tooth loss when taking Neurontin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Tooth loss||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Tooth loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Tooth loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (59 people, 17.15%)
- Anxiety (57 people, 16.57%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (42 people, 12.21%)
- Osteoporosis (40 people, 11.63%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (40 people, 11.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (218 people, 63.37%)
- Aredia (154 people, 44.77%)
- Ambien (123 people, 35.76%)
- Oxycontin (118 people, 34.30%)
- Flexeril (114 people, 33.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Neurontin and tooth loss on
Do you have Tooth Loss while taking Neurontin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Neurontin and have Tooth Loss
- support group for people who take Neurontin
- support group for people who have Tooth Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Tramadol, Omeprazole, Lyrica, Neurontin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Losartan, Bydureon, Metformin, Humalog, Chantix for a 39-year old woman with Deficiency Anaemia, Pain, Gerd, Neuropathy, Hypertension, Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Quit Smoking. The patient has Amphetamines Positive
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Gabapentin, Apple Cider Vinegar, Terramycin, Turmeric, Vitamin D, Glutamine, Tobrex, Glutamic Acid HCl, Paracetamol, Timolol Maleate, Bimatoprost, Alphagan, Adalat Cc for a 64-year old man with Insomnia, Low Back Pain, Ibs, Eye Infection, Headache, Glaucoma, Hypertension. The patient has Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Biotin, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 19-year old girl with Allergy, Anxiety Disorder, Acid Reflux, Tachycardia, Keratosis Pilaris, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Blurred Vision, Double Vision, Cold Exposure - Extremities, Sweating Decreased, Sweating, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Brain Injury, Gastroparesis, Low Blood Pressure, Dizziness, Tachycardia
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 63-year old woman with Neuropathic Pain. The patient has Facial Paralysis (loss of function of face muscle)
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 47-year old man with Pain. The patient has Vision Has Become Bad Very Quickly
Recent Neurontin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.