Review: could Neurontin cause Transplant rejection?
Summary: Transplant rejection is found among people who take Neurontin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Prednisone, and have Kidney transplant.
We study 56,293 people who have side effects while taking Neurontin from FDA and social media. Among them, 26 have Transplant rejection. Find out below who they are, when they have Transplant rejection and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Neurontin and have Transplant rejection >>>
Neurontin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 57,794 Neurontin users)
Transplant rejection (a transplant material is not worked) has been reported by people with kidney transplant, prophylaxis against transplant rejection, immunodeficiency disorders, liver transplant, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 3,220 Transplant rejection patients)
On Mar, 23, 2015: 56,293 people reported to have side effects when taking Neurontin. Among them, 26 people (0.05%) have Transplant Rejection.
Time on Neurontin when people have Transplant rejection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Transplant rejection||28.57%||71.43%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Transplant rejection when taking Neurontin * :
|Transplant rejection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.76%||33.33%||33.33%||28.57% |
Severity of Transplant rejection when taking Neurontin ** :
How people recovered from Transplant rejection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Renal transplant (4 people, 15.38%)
- Osteoporosis (3 people, 11.54%)
- Reversal of opiate activity (2 people, 7.69%)
- Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (2 people, 7.69%)
- Dyspnoea (2 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (13 people, 50.00%)
- Prograf (10 people, 38.46%)
- Cellcept (9 people, 34.62%)
- Pepcid (8 people, 30.77%)
- Mycophenolate mofetil (8 people, 30.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Transplant Rejection while taking Neurontin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Neurontin and have Transplant Rejection
- support group for people who take Neurontin
- support group for people who have Transplant Rejection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Zoloft for a 64-year old woman with Neuropathy, Depression. The patient has Sweating, Shaking Palsy, Diahhrea, Panic Attack
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 40-year old man with Pain - Back. The patient has Back Pain - Low
- A study of drug interactions between Iron Dextran, Vitamin D, Gabapentin, Pantoprazole for a 37-year old woman with Iron Deficiency Anemia, Vitamin D Decreased, Fibromyalgia, Heartburn - Chronic. The patient has Myalgia
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl, Neurontin, Keppra Xr for a 33-year old woman with Pain, Seizure - Grand Mal. The patient has Gait Disturbance, Short-term Memory Loss, Nausea, Fatigue - Chronic, Visual Impairment, Pain Exacerbated, Migraine With Aura
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 63-year old man with Cervical Root Pain. The patient has Swallowing Pain Or Burning
Recent Neurontin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Fentanyl, Gabapentin for a 65-year old woman who has Myelitis Transverse
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Metformin Hydrochloride for a 40-year old woman who has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Amlodipine, Olmetec for a 72-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.