Review: could Neurontin cause Transplant rejection?
Summary: Transplant rejection is found among people who take Neurontin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Prednisone, and have Kidney transplant.
We study 56,298 people who have side effects while taking Neurontin from FDA and social media. Among them, 26 have Transplant rejection. Find out below who they are, when they have Transplant rejection and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Neurontin and have Transplant rejection >>>
Neurontin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 57,805 Neurontin users)
Transplant rejection (a transplant material is not worked) has been reported by people with kidney transplant, prophylaxis against transplant rejection, immunodeficiency disorders, liver transplant, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 3,220 Transplant rejection patients)
On Apr, 27, 2015: 56,298 people reported to have side effects when taking Neurontin. Among them, 26 people (0.05%) have Transplant Rejection.
Time on Neurontin when people have Transplant rejection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Transplant rejection||28.57%||71.43%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Transplant rejection when taking Neurontin * :
|Transplant rejection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.76%||33.33%||33.33%||28.57% |
Severity of Transplant rejection when taking Neurontin ** :
How people recovered from Transplant rejection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Renal transplant (4 people, 15.38%)
- Osteoporosis (3 people, 11.54%)
- Reversal of opiate activity (2 people, 7.69%)
- Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (2 people, 7.69%)
- Dyspnoea (2 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (13 people, 50.00%)
- Prograf (10 people, 38.46%)
- Cellcept (9 people, 34.62%)
- Pepcid (8 people, 30.77%)
- Mycophenolate mofetil (8 people, 30.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Transplant Rejection while taking Neurontin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Neurontin and have Transplant Rejection
- support group for people who take Neurontin
- support group for people who have Transplant Rejection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Neurontin, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 44-year old woman with Recreational, Nerve Injury, Pain. The patient has Sweating, Severe Pain, Tardive Dyskinesia
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Singulair, Ultram Er, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Nexium, Levoxyl, Wellbutrin Sr, Atenolol, Gabapentin for a 57-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Allergic Sinusitis, Fibromyalgia, Fluid Retention, Acid Reflux, Hyperthyroidism, Depression, High Blood Pressure, Meniers.
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Cymbalta, Mobic for a 60-year old woman with Fibromyalgia, Arthritis. The patient has Insomnia Exacerbated, Fumbling, Anxiety Disorder, Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen, Levothyroxine Sodium, Gabapentin, Sertraline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman with Arthritis - Psoriatic, Autoimmune Thyroiditis, Facial Pain, Ptsd. The patient has Splenomegaly
- A study of side effects of Neurontin for a 47-year old woman with Migraine. The patient has Weakness
Recent Neurontin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Neurontin, Topamax, Lyrica, Lamictal for a 64-year old man who has Anticonvulsant Drug Level Abnormal
- Comparions of Ranitidine, Meloxicam, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Prozac for a 67-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Topiramate, Gabapentin, Qvar 40, Cymbalta, Digoxin for a 59-year old woman who has Irregular Heartbeat
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Simvastatin for a 81-year old woman who has Blood Cholesterol Decreased
- Comparions of Tylenol, Gabapentin for a 75-year old man who has Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.