Review: could Neurontin cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people who take Neurontin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lyrica, and have Pain.
We study 56,298 people who have side effects while taking Neurontin from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,291 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Neurontin and have Weight gain >>>
Neurontin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 57,794 Neurontin users)
Weight gain has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,623 Weight gain patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 56,298 people reported to have side effects when taking Neurontin. Among them, 2,291 people (4.07%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Neurontin when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||23.24%||22.70%||13.51%||17.30%||12.43%||9.19%||1.62% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Neurontin * :
|Weight gain||0.05%||0.61%||0.97%||4.45%||9.87%||24.96%||30.79%||28.29% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Neurontin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||52.94%||41.18%||5.88% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (417 people, 18.20%)
- Depression (338 people, 14.75%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (219 people, 9.56%)
- Anxiety (199 people, 8.69%)
- Neuralgia (198 people, 8.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lyrica (471 people, 20.56%)
- Lasix (307 people, 13.40%)
- Xanax (299 people, 13.05%)
- Lipitor (299 people, 13.05%)
- Aspirin (295 people, 12.88%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Neurontin and weight gain on
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Neurontin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Neurontin and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Neurontin
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Neurontin for a 16-year old girl with Complicated Migraine. The patient has Complicated Migraine
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Lisinopril, HCTZ, Atorvastatin Calcium, Gabapentin, Effient, Pregabalin, Novolin R, Lantrisul, Isosorbide Mononitrate for a 61-year old woman with Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Diuretic Effect, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Neuropathy, Heart Mri, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Diabetes, Heart Rate Decreased. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus
- A study of side effects of Letrozole for a 67-year old woman with Cancer - Breast. The patient has Tiredness, Weight Gain, Brittle Nails
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a 64-year old woman with Arrhythmia. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Augmentin, Sertraline, Gabapentin for a 30-year old man with Pharyngitis, Pharyngitis Bacterial, Depression, Anxiety. The patient has Sudden Death
Recent Neurontin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Fentanyl, Gabapentin for a 65-year old woman who has Myelitis Transverse
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Metformin Hydrochloride for a 40-year old woman who has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Amlodipine, Olmetec for a 72-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.