Home > Neurontin > Weight gain > Neurontin and Weight gain
Review: could Neurontin cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
We study 56,260 people who have side effects while taking Neurontin from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,291 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Neurontin and have Weight gain >>>
Neurontin (latest outcomes from 57,750 users) has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia.
Weight gain (latest reports from 528,152 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 56,260 people reported to have side effects when taking Neurontin. Among them, 2,291 people (4.07%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Neurontin when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||23.24%||22.70%||13.51%||17.30%||12.43%||9.19%||1.62% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Neurontin * :
|Weight gain||75.16%||24.84% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Neurontin * :
|Weight gain||0.05%||0.61%||0.97%||4.45%||9.87%||24.96%||30.79%||28.29% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Neurontin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||52.94%||41.18%||5.88% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (417 people, 18.20%)
- Depression (338 people, 14.75%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (219 people, 9.56%)
- Anxiety (199 people, 8.69%)
- Neuralgia (198 people, 8.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lyrica (471 people, 20.56%)
- Lasix (307 people, 13.40%)
- Xanax (299 people, 13.05%)
- Lipitor (299 people, 13.05%)
- Aspirin (295 people, 12.88%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Neurontin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Neurontin and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Neurontin
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Does nexplanon have nickel in it?
I have a severe nickel allergy and I have epilepsy. I am considering explain to reduce periodes since my seizures are worse that time of the month. I need to know if nexplanon has nickel because I need to avoid it if it does.
- Bisoprolol ,ive gained 56 pounds
i had a triple by pass,and was prescribed bisoprolol.since taking it i have gained 4 stones in weight ,ive tried diets ,exercise nothing takes the weight off ,should i stop the tablets.
- Can gabapentin cause bladder distension? there is no urinary symptom .
Existing illness are Chronic renal failure (after hydro uretero nephrosis due to BPH) and peripheral neuropathy (vit B6 deficiency ) after ATT are the major problems along with BP .At present , the problem is that creatinine gas risen from 1,1 to 1.5 in 6 months .Since 6 months , I am taking medicin ...
More questions for: Neurontin, Weight gain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Prescribed drugs side effect
I have been on these 2 drugs (Gabapentin and Baclofen) prescribed by my gp for osteoarthritis and nerve damage in my full back.Now also suffering from the grief of losing my beloved companion Harvey (dog),I was diagnosed with deep depression. I was given fluoxetine and have been taking this for alm ...
- Neurotin and venous insufficiency
I have been on neurotin/gabapentin for 8 years with in the last 3 years I have developed venous insufficiency with reoccurring ulcers near my ankle bones both on the medial and lateral sides of the ankles.I have endured 2 ablations. The first in the left leg for the lesser saphenous vein and one on ...
More reviews for: Neurontin, Weight gain
On eHealthMe, Neurontin (gabapentin) is often used for neuralgia. Find out below the conditions Neurontin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Neurontin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Ondansetron, Synthroid, Crestor, Lovaza, Spironolactone, Lasix, Glimepiride, Gabapentin, Oxycodone, Diazepam for a patient with Nausea, Low Thyroid, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Kidney Disease, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Nerve Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Pain - Back. The patient has Squamous Cell Skin Cancer, Skin Cancer - Basal Cell, Endometrial Cancer, Fatty Liver, Biliary Cirrhosis Secondary, Edema, Walking Disability, Weight Gain, Gout - Chronic, Arachnoiditis, Shortness Of Breath, Sweating Increased, Fatigue - Chronic, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Tramadol, Levothyroxine Sodium, Gabapentin, Sertraline, Ponstel, Colace, Zopiclone for a patient with Joint Hypermobility, Hypothyroidism, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Anxiety, Cramps - Menstrual, Constipation. The patient has Difficulty Urinating, Diminished Libido, Weight Gain, Sleeping Difficulty, Exhaustion, Headache, Depression, Grinding Teeth, Migraine With Aura, Temperature Fluxtuations, Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Zonegran, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Frova, Treximet, Gabapentin for a patient with Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Numbness And Tingling, Appetite Increased, Weight Increased
More related studies for: Neurontin, Weight gain
Recent Neurontin related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Neurontin, Weight gain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (7 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (7 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (30 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (2 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (3 hours ago)
- Bilateral Hydronephrosis
- Advil Overdose
- Bladder Calculi
- Morphine Sulfate
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw