Review: could Nexium cause Loose stools?
Summary: Loose stools is found among people who take Nexium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Vioxx, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 71,227 people who have side effects while taking Nexium from FDA and social media. Among them, 35 have Loose stools. Find out below who they are, when they have Loose stools and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nexium and have Loose stools >>>
Nexium has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 73,185 Nexium users)
Loose stools has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 2,347 Loose stools patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 71,227 people reported to have side effects when taking Nexium. Among them, 35 people (0.05%) have Loose Stools.
Time on Nexium when people have Loose stools * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loose stools||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Loose stools when taking Nexium * :
|Loose stools||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.70%||18.52%||22.22%||55.56% |
Severity of Loose stools when taking Nexium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loose stools||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loose stools ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loose stools||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 11.43%)
- Arthritis (3 people, 8.57%)
- Nasal congestion (2 people, 5.71%)
- Osteopenia (2 people, 5.71%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 5.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (9 people, 25.71%)
- Aspirin (9 people, 25.71%)
- Forteo (5 people, 14.29%)
- Paxil (5 people, 14.29%)
- Celebrex (5 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Loose Stools while taking Nexium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Nexium and have Loose Stools
- support group for people who take Nexium
- support group for people who have Loose Stools
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Exforge Hct for a 49-year old man with GERD, Hbp. The patient has Gerd, Hbp
- A study of side effects of Chantix for a 30-year old woman with Stop Smoking. The patient has Loose Stools
- A study of side effects of Nexium for a 62-year old woman with Lichen Planus. The patient has Nil Disease (a disease of the kidney that causes nephrotic syndrome)
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Glipizide, Metformin, Nexium, Tramadol for a 53-year old woman with Leg Pain, Hyperglycemia, Gerd, Pain - Back. The patient has Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Linzess, Miralax, Anturol, Olanzapine, Zetia, Nexium, Depakote, Benztropine Mesylate for a 40-year old man with Nocturia, Aggression, Constipation, Schizophrenia, Hyperlipidemia, Gerd, Bipolar Disorder, Medication Side Effects. The patient has Agap Low, Eosinophilia, Mental Status Tests, Leaning Left When Walking, Nocturia
Recent Nexium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nexium, Ursodiol for a 58-year old woman who has Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Comparions of Nexium, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Tramadol, Certirizine Hydrochloride for a 55-year old man who has Methocarbamol
- Comparions of Dexilant, Omeprazole, Nexium for a 65-year old woman who has Ppi
- Comparions of Zantac 300, Nexium for a 44-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Adderall 30, Nexium, Propranolol Hydrochloride And Hydrochlorothiazide, Requip Xl, Fluoxetine for a 52-year old woman who has Depression And Restless Leg Syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.