Review: could Nexium cause Lower blood pressure (Hypotension)?
Summary: Lower blood pressure is found among people who take Nexium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 71,227 people who have side effects while taking Nexium from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,910 have Lower blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have Lower blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nexium and have Lower blood pressure >>>
Nexium has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 73,185 Nexium users)
Lower blood pressure
Lower blood pressure (abnormally low blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 107,424 Lower blood pressure patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 71,227 people reported to have side effects when taking Nexium. Among them, 1,870 people (2.63%) have Lower Blood Pressure.
Time on Nexium when people have Lower blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lower blood pressure||66.67%||11.59%||4.35%||0.00%||10.14%||2.90%||4.35% |
Age of people who have Lower blood pressure when taking Nexium * :
|Lower blood pressure||0.51%||0.28%||0.80%||1.71%||2.90%||14.11%||22.88%||56.80% |
Severity of Lower blood pressure when taking Nexium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lower blood pressure||0.00%||57.14%||42.86%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Lower blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Lower blood pressure||25.00%||0.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (208 people, 11.12%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (180 people, 9.63%)
- Pain (169 people, 9.04%)
- Depression (125 people, 6.68%)
- Multiple myeloma (99 people, 5.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (538 people, 28.77%)
- Lasix (332 people, 17.75%)
- Ambien (286 people, 15.29%)
- Plavix (271 people, 14.49%)
- Lisinopril (247 people, 13.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of nexium and lower blood pressure on
Do you have Lower Blood Pressure while taking Nexium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Nexium and have Lower Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Nexium
- support group for people who have Lower Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Nexium for a 69-year old man with Indigestion. The patient has Hypertension
- A study of drug interactions between Nasonex, Metoprolol Tartrate, Nexium, Excedrin, Ibuprofen, Centrum, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Gemfibrozil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Alprazolam for a 46-year old man with Allergies, Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction), Acid Reflux, Headache, Pain, Vitamin D, Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Depression, General Pain And Fatigue, Catecholamines, Accessory Spleen, Left Ear Infections - Four Surgeries, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Nexium, Lexapro, Lamotrigine, Truvada, Isentress, Clonazepam for a 68-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Gerd, Depression, Bipolar 2, Hiv Infection Cdc Category A1, Sleep Phase Rhythm Disturbance. The patient has Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Dry Eyes
- A study of side effects of Nexium for a 19-year old boy with GERD. The patient has Anhidrosis
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Nexium, Metformin, Lexapro, Levaquin for a 52-year old woman with ADHD, Acid Reflux, Diabetes, Depression, Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Fatigue, Numbness And Tingling, Mouth Ulcers
Recent Nexium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.