Review: could Nexium cause Osteonecrosis of jaw?
Summary: Osteonecrosis of jaw is found among people who take Nexium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 71,235 people who have side effects while taking Nexium from FDA and social media. Among them, 907 have Osteonecrosis of jaw. Find out below who they are, when they have Osteonecrosis of jaw and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nexium and have Osteonecrosis of jaw >>>
Nexium has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 73,191 Nexium users)
Osteonecrosis of jaw
Osteonecrosis of jaw (death of bone of jaw) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, metastases to bone, multiple myeloma, osteopenia, breast cancer. (latest reports from 14,665 Osteonecrosis of jaw patients)
On Mar, 25, 2015: 71,227 people reported to have side effects when taking Nexium. Among them, 907 people (1.27%) have Osteonecrosis Of Jaw.
Time on Nexium when people have Osteonecrosis of jaw * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Osteonecrosis of jaw||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Osteonecrosis of jaw when taking Nexium * :
|Osteonecrosis of jaw||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.10%||2.47%||10.56%||32.37%||53.50% |
Severity of Osteonecrosis of jaw when taking Nexium ** :
How people recovered from Osteonecrosis of jaw ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (211 people, 23.26%)
- Metastases to bone (149 people, 16.43%)
- Breast cancer (121 people, 13.34%)
- Osteoporosis (110 people, 12.13%)
- Pain (65 people, 7.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (814 people, 89.75%)
- Aredia (559 people, 61.63%)
- Aspirin (328 people, 36.16%)
- Ambien (328 people, 36.16%)
- Prednisone (288 people, 31.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of nexium and osteonecrosis of jaw on
Do you have Osteonecrosis Of Jaw while taking Nexium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Nexium and have Osteonecrosis Of Jaw
- support group for people who take Nexium
- support group for people who have Osteonecrosis Of Jaw
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Nexium for a 69-year old man with Indigestion. The patient has Hypertension
- A study of drug interactions between Nasonex, Metoprolol Tartrate, Nexium, Excedrin, Ibuprofen, Centrum, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Gemfibrozil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Alprazolam for a 46-year old man with Allergies, Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction), Acid Reflux, Headache, Pain, Vitamin D, Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Depression, General Pain And Fatigue, Catecholamines, Accessory Spleen, Left Ear Infections - Four Surgeries, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Nexium, Lexapro, Lamotrigine, Truvada, Isentress, Clonazepam for a 68-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Gerd, Depression, Bipolar 2, Hiv Infection Cdc Category A1, Sleep Phase Rhythm Disturbance. The patient has Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Dry Eyes
- A study of side effects of Nexium for a 19-year old boy with GERD. The patient has Anhidrosis
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Nexium, Metformin, Lexapro, Levaquin for a 52-year old woman with ADHD, Acid Reflux, Diabetes, Depression, Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Fatigue, Numbness And Tingling, Mouth Ulcers
Recent Nexium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.