Home > Nexium > Pancreatitis > Nexium and Pancreatitis
Review: could Nexium cause Pancreatitis?
We study 71,142 people who have side effects while taking Nexium from FDA and social media. Among them, 712 have Pancreatitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Pancreatitis and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Nexium and have Pancreatitis >>>
Nexium (latest outcomes from 73,090 users) has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) (latest reports from 197,602 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, high blood pressure, diabetes, bipolar disorder.
On Sep, 14, 2014: 71,120 people reported to have side effects when taking Nexium. Among them, 712 people (1.00%) have Pancreatitis.
Time on Nexium when people have Pancreatitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Nexium * :
Severity of Pancreatitis when taking Nexium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Pancreatitis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (83 people, 11.66%)
- Depression (81 people, 11.38%)
- Hypertension (65 people, 9.13%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (64 people, 8.99%)
- Anxiety (62 people, 8.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (143 people, 20.08%)
- Byetta (109 people, 15.31%)
- Seroquel (101 people, 14.19%)
- Lisinopril (99 people, 13.90%)
- Lasix (81 people, 11.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pancreatitis while taking Nexium?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Nexium and have Pancreatitis
- group for people who take Nexium
- group for people who have Pancreatitis
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 days ago):
MY blood sugar has raised significatly after taking, celexa, lamictal and adderall. Short term memory loss, reluctant decision making, worry increase, heavy sweating,irritable.
From this study (5 days ago):
I'm still taking nexium but back pain is getting worse. I've never suffered from lower back pain before.
From this study (6 days ago):
I just started the simvastatin and vitamin d today. My throat is very sore and it was not before.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Nexium, Pancreatitis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Who cares about the patient?
I can't believe I'm still alive but quality of life is greatly diminished and no one cares. Not one doctor cares about how this one dr. prescribed all these drugs over a period of 5 years and I lost everything. I flat-lined sept 18, 2005 and was told by dr there in er that I would live 1-5 years an ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Apple cider vinegar does work in place of nexium.
I took the maximum dose of drugs from I was 4 years old to control my conditions. I was, until recently, on Nexium 70mg per day.
I went cold turkey and started instead to take apple cider vinegar with the mother. I remain off all medication and I am able to control my symptoms using 1 tablespn 3 ...
More reviews for: Nexium, Pancreatitis
On eHealthMe, Nexium (esomeprazole magnesium) is often used for gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions Nexium is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Nexium used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Meloxicam for a 33-year old woman who has Inflammation (17 minutes ago)
- Topamax, Synthroid, Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura, Hypothyroidism, Parkinsonian Gait (43 minutes ago)
- Ubiquinol, Grapefruit Seed Extract, B-12, Synthroid, Celexa, Prednisone, Imuran for a 79-year old woman who has General Physical Health Deterioration, Lupus Vasculitis, Energy Increased, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Depression (55 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Carbidopa And Levodopa and Libido Increased
- Inflammation and Meloxicam
- Pain and Sphincter Of Oddi Dysfunction
Recent user comments
- "Stabbing pain began at about a level 6 only while I w ... " (45 minutes ago)
- "I have had 5 strokes 14 years ago-have osteroporosis, ... " (56 minutes ago)
- "Since starting Latuda I have noticed a sharp increase ... " (2 hours ago)
- Birth Control Over The Counter
- Prismasol Bgk 0 2 5 In Plastic Container
- Trazodone Hydrochloride (actavis Elizabeth) 50mg
- Contraceptives Over The Counter