Review: could Nexium cause Pancreatitis?
Summary: Pancreatitis is found among people who take Nexium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Gastrooesophageal reflux disease.
We study 71,227 people who have side effects while taking Nexium from FDA and social media. Among them, 712 have Pancreatitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Pancreatitis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nexium and have Pancreatitis >>>
Nexium has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 73,185 Nexium users)
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, diabetes, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 31,822 Pancreatitis patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 71,227 people reported to have side effects when taking Nexium. Among them, 712 people (1.00%) have Pancreatitis.
Time on Nexium when people have Pancreatitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Nexium * :
Severity of Pancreatitis when taking Nexium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Pancreatitis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (83 people, 11.66%)
- Depression (81 people, 11.38%)
- Hypertension (65 people, 9.13%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (64 people, 8.99%)
- Anxiety (62 people, 8.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (143 people, 20.08%)
- Byetta (109 people, 15.31%)
- Seroquel (101 people, 14.19%)
- Lisinopril (99 people, 13.90%)
- Lasix (81 people, 11.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of nexium and pancreatitis on
Do you have Pancreatitis while taking Nexium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Nexium and have Pancreatitis
- support group for people who take Nexium
- support group for people who have Pancreatitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Exforge Hct for a 49-year old man with GERD, Hbp. The patient has Gerd, Hbp
- A study of drug interactions between Percocet, Neurontin, Linzess for a 48-year old woman with Gallbladder Disease, Muscle Spasms, Constipation. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Pancreatitis, Fatty Liver Alcoholic
- A study of side effects of Nexium for a 62-year old woman with Lichen Planus. The patient has Nil Disease (a disease of the kidney that causes nephrotic syndrome)
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Glipizide, Metformin, Nexium, Tramadol for a 53-year old woman with Leg Pain, Hyperglycemia, Gerd, Pain - Back. The patient has Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Linzess, Miralax, Anturol, Olanzapine, Zetia, Nexium, Depakote, Benztropine Mesylate for a 40-year old man with Nocturia, Aggression, Constipation, Schizophrenia, Hyperlipidemia, Gerd, Bipolar Disorder, Medication Side Effects. The patient has Agap Low, Eosinophilia, Mental Status Tests, Leaning Left When Walking, Nocturia
Recent Nexium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nexium, Ursodiol for a 58-year old woman who has Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Comparions of Nexium, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Tramadol, Certirizine Hydrochloride for a 55-year old man who has Methocarbamol
- Comparions of Dexilant, Omeprazole, Nexium for a 65-year old woman who has Ppi
- Comparions of Zantac 300, Nexium for a 44-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Adderall 30, Nexium, Propranolol Hydrochloride And Hydrochlorothiazide, Requip Xl, Fluoxetine for a 52-year old woman who has Depression And Restless Leg Syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.