Review: could Nexium cause Polymyalgia rheumatica?
Summary: Polymyalgia rheumatica is found among people who take Nexium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Vioxx, and have Muscle spasms.
We study 71,227 people who have side effects while taking Nexium from FDA and social media. Among them, 38 have Polymyalgia rheumatica. Find out below who they are, when they have Polymyalgia rheumatica and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nexium and have Polymyalgia rheumatica >>>
Nexium has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 73,185 Nexium users)
Polymyalgia rheumatica (pain in many muscles) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, osteopenia, pain. (latest reports from 2,264 Polymyalgia rheumatica patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 71,227 people reported to have side effects when taking Nexium. Among them, 38 people (0.05%) have Polymyalgia Rheumatica.
Time on Nexium when people have Polymyalgia rheumatica * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Polymyalgia rheumatica||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Polymyalgia rheumatica when taking Nexium * :
|Polymyalgia rheumatica||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.26%||94.74% |
Severity of Polymyalgia rheumatica when taking Nexium ** :
How people recovered from Polymyalgia rheumatica ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Muscle spasms (10 people, 26.32%)
- Toothache (9 people, 23.68%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (8 people, 21.05%)
- Depression (4 people, 10.53%)
- Bone neoplasm malignant (3 people, 7.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (12 people, 31.58%)
- Xanax (11 people, 28.95%)
- Eligard (9 people, 23.68%)
- Miralax (9 people, 23.68%)
- Tobramycin (9 people, 23.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of nexium and polymyalgia rheumatica on
Do you have Polymyalgia Rheumatica while taking Nexium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Nexium and have Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- support group for people who take Nexium
- support group for people who have Polymyalgia Rheumatica
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Exforge Hct for a 49-year old man with GERD, Hbp. The patient has Gerd, Hbp
- A study of side effects of Nexium for a 62-year old woman with Lichen Planus. The patient has Nil Disease (a disease of the kidney that causes nephrotic syndrome)
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Glipizide, Metformin, Nexium, Tramadol for a 53-year old woman with Leg Pain, Hyperglycemia, Gerd, Pain - Back. The patient has Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvigil, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Viagra, Vitamin D, Prednisone, Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril, Bystolic, Zolpidem, Vitamin C, Lexapro, Lorazepam, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 68-year old man with Tiredness, Ptsd, Erectile Dysfunction, General Physical Condition, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure Increased, Coronary Artery Disease, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Pain. The patient has Tinnitus, Sleep Apnea, Erectile Dysfunction, Elevated Mood, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Coronary Artery Disease, Major Depressive Disorder, Ptsd
Recent Nexium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nexium, Ursodiol for a 58-year old woman who has Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Comparions of Nexium, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Tramadol, Certirizine Hydrochloride for a 55-year old man who has Methocarbamol
- Comparions of Dexilant, Omeprazole, Nexium for a 65-year old woman who has Ppi
- Comparions of Zantac 300, Nexium for a 44-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Adderall 30, Nexium, Propranolol Hydrochloride And Hydrochlorothiazide, Requip Xl, Fluoxetine for a 52-year old woman who has Depression And Restless Leg Syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.