Home > Nexium > Polymyalgia rheumatica > Nexium and Polymyalgia rheumatica
Review: could Nexium cause Polymyalgia rheumatica?
Summary: Polymyalgia rheumatica is found among people who take Nexium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Vioxx, and have Muscle spasms.
We study 71,165 people who have side effects while taking Nexium from FDA and social media. Among them, 38 have Polymyalgia rheumatica. Find out below who they are, when they have Polymyalgia rheumatica and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nexium and have Polymyalgia rheumatica >>>
Nexium (latest outcomes from 73,119 users) has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Polymyalgia Rheumatica (pain in many muscles) (latest reports from 9,420 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, osteopenia, pain.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 71,165 people reported to have side effects when taking Nexium. Among them, 38 people (0.05%) have Polymyalgia Rheumatica.
Time on Nexium when people have Polymyalgia rheumatica * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Polymyalgia rheumatica||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Polymyalgia rheumatica when taking Nexium * :
|Polymyalgia rheumatica||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.26%||94.74% |
Severity of Polymyalgia rheumatica when taking Nexium ** :
How people recovered from Polymyalgia rheumatica ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Muscle spasms (10 people, 26.32%)
- Toothache (9 people, 23.68%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (8 people, 21.05%)
- Depression (4 people, 10.53%)
- Bone neoplasm malignant (3 people, 7.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (12 people, 31.58%)
- Xanax (11 people, 28.95%)
- Eligard (9 people, 23.68%)
- Miralax (9 people, 23.68%)
- Tobramycin (9 people, 23.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Polymyalgia Rheumatica while taking Nexium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nexium and have Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- support group for people who take Nexium
- support group for people who have Polymyalgia Rheumatica
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can unexplained hypertension be cause by a partial thyroidectomy?
(Asked by a 50 year old man who has BP 135/77 Even After Increasing Meds, and takes Acetaminophen, Fluticasone Propionate, Allegra D 24 Hour, Nexium, Valsartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Doc is trying to figure out why the BP suddenly spiked. I started an exercise regimen after a stress test. I had to be on Metoprolol just to pass the test. Results were no heart-related issues. Lost 6lbs. since starting exercise and don't know if this is Thyroidal or not. No discussion with the ...
- Does anybody have morning oral bleeds while on forteo?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Bleeding Esophageal Varices, and takes Nexium, Forteo)
I have morning bleeds which are intermittent. I have been on Nexium for heartburn and after I started forteo the bleeds got very heavy and the time between bleeds shorter.Can somebody shed some light on this? I had endoscopy and bronchoscopy with no lead to where it is coming from I am stopping fort ...
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- Could inhaled steroids and predisone over 20 years attribute to necrosis of the femoral head?
(Asked by a 44 year old man who has Necrosis Ischaemic, and takes Beconase Aq, Valsartan And Hydrochlorothiazide, Nexium, Simvastatin, Serevent)
Hi, I am a 44 year old South African white male. I have been on inhaled steroids since the early 1990's, after being diagnosed as a chronic allergic asthmatic and sinus sufferer. I have been on Medrol 16mg on and off since diagnosis, and The asthma is now well controlled. I had cateract surgery in ...
- How much is good dose for infants with refux
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Reflux - Infants, and takes Nexium)
My 4 month old infant has had problems with formula and eventually diagnosed with Reflux. took the 10 m mixed with one once of water for a month and half, saw some relief, but and he is now having the reflux again. It mostly prevents him to enjoy awake time and disturbs his sleep. he still eats and ...
More questions for: Nexium, Polymyalgia rheumatica
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bad hair days due to medication i think, is prednisolone the culprit and if so wiil things get back to normal?
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has High Cholestral, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, and takes Simvastatin, Prednisolone)
My hair has changed from a slightly wavy thick head of, to frizzy, still a good lot of hair. I did have a 1 month spell of more than usual hair loss. I have been on Prednisolone since July 2013 30grm a day to start with reducing, at present 9 mg per day. The texture and look is not sitting well with ...
- Who cares about the patient?
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has Tonsilitis, Bhronchitis, Namonia, Phlebitis, Dvt, Factor 2 Clotting Disorder , and takes Celebrex, Nexium, Wellbutrin Sr, Oxycontin, Premarin, Alprazolam)
I can't believe I'm still alive but quality of life is greatly diminished and no one cares. Not one doctor cares about how this one dr. prescribed all these drugs over a period of 5 years and I lost everything. I flat-lined sept 18, 2005 and was told by dr there in er that I would live 1-5 years an ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Methotrexate, Plaquenil, Metformin, Klonopin, Zanaflex, Prednisone, Singulair, Imitrex, Nexium)
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Apple cider vinegar does work in place of nexium.
(Posted by a 21 year old man who has Reflux Oesophagitis, Hernia - Hiatal, and takes Nexium)
I took the maximum dose of drugs from I was 4 years old to control my conditions. I was, until recently, on Nexium 70mg per day.
I went cold turkey and started instead to take apple cider vinegar with the mother. I remain off all medication and I am able to control my symptoms using 1 tablespn 3 ...
- Nexium and feeling cold
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, High Blood Pressure, Overactive Bladder, and takes Nexium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Vesicare, Vitamin B12, Tramadol)
I took Nexium (1 40mg capsule) and approximately 45 minutes later, I felt extremely cold. I could not get warm, even though I put on a polartec jacket and sat near a heater.
I also was extremely nauseated at the same time.
About 30 minutes after the incident began, it ended. I no longer was ...
More reviews for: Nexium, Polymyalgia rheumatica
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamins, Flonase, Fenofibrate, Niaspan, Lovaza, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride, Androgel, Bystolic, Nexium, Diovan for a patient with Low Magnesium, Fatigue, Post Nasal Drip, High Bloood Triglycerides, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Herpes Gestationis, Low Testosterone, Heart, Gerd, High Blood Pressure. The patient has
Comments: Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Estradiol, Clonazepam, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Nexium for a patient with Erythromelalgia, Menopausal Symptoms, Rls, Chronic Depression, Gastritis - Chronic. The patient has Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Burning Feet Syndrome
Comments: I have suffered from painfull, red, burning sensation feet. Saw 4 different podiatrist, a neurologist, a cardiovascular surgeon, a rehumatologist, and finally after 7 months a podiatrist give me a diagnosis: Erythromelalgia. He precribed Gabapentin 900 daily. It has help me a little, but not enough ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Prozac, Nexium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Hiatal Hernia, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Stomach Discomfort, Fatigue, Fever, Diarrhea
Comments: Onset of nausea and diarrhea this past Friday slept most of Friday thru Sunday. Went to work on Monday with continuation of symptoms then started with chills. Sent home with fever low grade 99.6 . Stayed home Tuesday &Wednesday and have done nothing but sleep no fever since Monday all symptoms conti ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Potassium Gluconate, Butrans, Androgel, Viibryd, Livalo, Tribenzor, Nexium, Metformin, Lantus, Atenolol, Lovaza, Allopurinol for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, General Physical Condition, Muscle Weakness, Pain, Testosterone, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Gout. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus, Erectile Dysfunction, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Nexium for a patient with Hair Loss, Low Thyroid, Heartburn. The patient has Severe Rash
Comments: I've started taking biotin 4500, once a day, for almost a month. I have developed a very serious rash that is extremely itchy. Started with what looked like acne on my face but wasn't. Mostly it is on my body, almost everywhere. Even light scratching will cause some of them to bleed. On the upside, ...
More related studies for: Nexium, Polymyalgia rheumatica
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.