Review: could Nexium cause Ulcer (Gastric ulcer)?
Summary: Ulcer is found among people who take Nexium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Gastrooesophageal reflux disease.
We study 71,205 people who have side effects while taking Nexium from FDA and social media. Among them, 895 have Ulcer. Find out below who they are, when they have Ulcer and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nexium and have Ulcer >>>
Nexium has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 73,177 Nexium users)
Ulcer (stomach ulcer) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis. (latest reports from 32,818 Ulcer patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 71,205 people reported to have side effects when taking Nexium. Among them, 898 people (1.26%) have Ulcer.
Time on Nexium when people have Ulcer * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Ulcer when taking Nexium * :
Severity of Ulcer when taking Nexium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Ulcer ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (97 people, 10.80%)
- Hypertension (47 people, 5.23%)
- Pain (42 people, 4.68%)
- Osteoporosis (42 people, 4.68%)
- Anxiety (39 people, 4.34%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (206 people, 22.94%)
- Prilosec (136 people, 15.14%)
- Toprol-xl (123 people, 13.70%)
- Ambien (118 people, 13.14%)
- Plavix (115 people, 12.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ulcer while taking Nexium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nexium and have Ulcer
- support group for people who take Nexium
- support group for people who have Ulcer
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who take Nexium
Can't live with it...can't live without it. Nexium made b12, magnesium, zinc, iron, etc. levels low. Experienced many significant symptoms (fatigue, babinski, hair loss, restless legs, etc). Started taking supplements of vitamins and minerals. What a positive difference they have made. Also Developed hearing loss and tinnitus which hasn't improved much since taking the supplements. Any one else in the same boat?
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Crestor for a 49-year old man with Acid Reflux, Cholestasis. The patient has Stomach Scan
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Celexa, Nexium for a 42-year old woman with Hashimoto's Disease, Depression, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric. The patient has Chest Pain
- A study of side effects of Nexium for a 59-year old woman with Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss, Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Nexium for a 72-year old woman with GERD. The patient has Blood Count
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Restasis, Ventolin Hfa, Symbicort, Montelukast Sodium, Alprazolam, Nexium, Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Enbrel, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 61-year old woman with Magnesium Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, Deficiency - Folic Acid, Folic Acid Deficiency, Dry Eyes, Asthma, Neuropathy - Peripheral, Acid Reflux, Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Sternum Pain, Back Pain, Chest Tightness Or Pressure, Shortness Of Breath
Recent Nexium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Dexilant, Omeprazole, Nexium for a 65-year old woman who has Ppi
- Comparions of Zantac 300, Nexium for a 44-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Adderall 30, Nexium, Propranolol Hydrochloride And Hydrochlorothiazide, Requip Xl, Fluoxetine for a 52-year old woman who has Depression And Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Ambien, Nexium, Carafate, Dilaudid for a 41-year old woman who has Hip Pain
- Comparions of Nexium, Prilosec Otc for a 53-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.