Home > Nexium > Ulcer > Nexium and Ulcer
Review: could Nexium cause Ulcer (Gastric ulcer)?
We study 71,142 people who have side effects while taking Nexium from FDA and social media. Among them, 894 have Ulcer. Find out below who they are, when they have Ulcer and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Nexium and have Ulcer >>>
Nexium (latest outcomes from 73,090 users) has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Ulcer (stomach ulcer) (latest reports from 177,487 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis.
On Sep, 16, 2014: 71,120 people reported to have side effects when taking Nexium. Among them, 897 people (1.26%) have Ulcer.
Time on Nexium when people have Ulcer * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Ulcer when taking Nexium * :
Severity of Ulcer when taking Nexium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Ulcer ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (97 people, 10.81%)
- Hypertension (47 people, 5.24%)
- Pain (42 people, 4.68%)
- Osteoporosis (42 people, 4.68%)
- Anxiety (39 people, 4.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (206 people, 22.97%)
- Prilosec (136 people, 15.16%)
- Toprol-xl (123 people, 13.71%)
- Ambien (118 people, 13.15%)
- Plavix (115 people, 12.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ulcer while taking Nexium?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Nexium and have Ulcer
- group for people who take Nexium
- group for people who have Ulcer
Comments from related studies:
From this study (19 hours ago):
I have the crest variation of scleroderma. Since developing this illness in 2004 I have developed bone spurs on both feet, as well as my right hip and my right shoulder. I am just curious if Scleroderma and or any of the above medications induce bone spurs. Thank you. Shirley
From this study (6 days ago):
Sprix may seem ideal as a way to bypass the notorious gastrointestinal effects of NSAIDs - but these effects are a serious risk, no matter how the NSAID gets into your system. I learned this the hard way. If you do want to take Sprix (or other ketorolac), talk to your doctor about supplementing it with an antacid medication.
From this study (6 days ago):
MY blood sugar has raised significatly after taking, celexa, lamictal and adderall. Short term memory loss, reluctant decision making, worry increase, heavy sweating,irritable.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Nexium, Ulcer
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- Who cares about the patient?
I can't believe I'm still alive but quality of life is greatly diminished and no one cares. Not one doctor cares about how this one dr. prescribed all these drugs over a period of 5 years and I lost everything. I flat-lined sept 18, 2005 and was told by dr there in er that I would live 1-5 years an ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
More reviews for: Nexium, Ulcer
On eHealthMe, Nexium (esomeprazole magnesium) is often used for gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions Nexium is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Nexium used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Memantine, Advair Diskus 100/50, Donepezil, Amlodipine for a 93-year old woman who has Inflammation Localised, Anxiety Disorder, Alzheimers, Asthma, Alzheimer's Disease, Blood Pressure Increased (22 minutes ago)
- Celexa for a 20-year old woman who has Chronic Depression (1 hour ago)
- Prozac for a 25-year old woman who has Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Prozac and Brittle Nails
- Raspberry Ketone and Diverticulitis
- Blister and Gabapentin
- Urinary Tract Infection and Micardis
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (6 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (7 hours ago)
- Anethum Sowa
- Vessel Puncture Site Pain
- Gamma Hydroxybutyric Acid