Niacin and Alcohol detoxification - from FDA reports
Alcohol detoxification is found among people who take Niacin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Hydrochlorothiazide, and have Bipolar disorder. This review analyzes which people have Alcohol detoxification with Niacin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,579 people who have side effects when taking Niacin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 07, 2017
6,579 people reported to have side effects when taking Niacin.
Among them, 6 people (0.09%) have Alcohol detoxification
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Niacin when people have Alcohol detoxification *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Alcohol detoxification when taking Niacin *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Alcohol detoxification when taking Niacin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 33.33 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 33.33 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Bipolar Disorder (2 people, 33.33%)
- Multiple Allergies (1 person, 16.67%)
- High Density Lipoprotein Decreased (1 person, 16.67%)
- Asthma (1 person, 16.67%)
- Agitation (1 person, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Simvastatin (3 people, 50.00%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (3 people, 50.00%)
- Risperdal (2 people, 33.33%)
- Nitroglycerin (2 people, 33.33%)
- Aspirin (2 people, 33.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (3 people, 50.00%)
- Dizziness (3 people, 50.00%)
- Chest Pain (3 people, 50.00%)
- Stress And Anxiety (2 people, 33.33%)
- Drug Abuse And Dependence (2 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Alcohol detoxification when taking Niacin?
- Check symptoms - is alcohol detoxification caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAlcohol detoxification and drugs with ingredients of niacin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAlcohol detoxification and Niacin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Niacin has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Niacin 7,447 users)
Alcohol detoxification has been reported by people with depression, alcoholism, stress and anxiety, pain, quit smoking (latest reports from 11,482 Alcohol detoxification patients).
Browse all side effects of Niacina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Alcohol detoxificationAlcohol detoxification
Could your condition cause Alcohol detoxificationAlcohol detoxification
What would happen?
Questions to the study
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
User reviews to the study
I'm pretty sure I overdosed on Niacin (ate a half a bottle over 20,000mg) about a year ago. And now I seem to have my second massive case of Lymphedema of the feet and scrotum. Went to doctors and the hospital the first time. And they have no ideas. I'm wondering if there's any link between ...
I have suffered from chronic alcoholism since 2001. In the winter of 2015, I woke up one day with a burning mouth and inflamed tongue. The ENT specialist who treated the condition gave up on me and decided that I damaged my tongue from alcohol and told me to go on Amnitriptiline. I then went ...