Niacin and Chills - from FDA reports
Chills is found among people who take Niacin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Back pain. This review analyzes which people have Chills with Niacin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,579 people who have side effects when taking Niacin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
6,579 people reported to have side effects when taking Niacin.
Among them, 82 people (1.25%) have Chills
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Niacin when people have Chills *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Chills when taking Niacin *:
- female: 35.37 %
- male: 64.63 %
Age of people who have Chills when taking Niacin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 3.08 %
- 20-29: 1.54 %
- 30-39: 4.62 %
- 40-49: 4.62 %
- 50-59: 16.92 %
- 60+: 69.23 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Back Pain (9 people, 10.98%)
- Preventive Health Care (8 people, 9.76%)
- Movement - Uncontrolled Or Slow (7 people, 8.54%)
- Erection Problems (7 people, 8.54%)
- Dyslipidaemia (7 people, 8.54%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (28 people, 34.15%)
- Lisinopril (25 people, 30.49%)
- Lasix (13 people, 15.85%)
- Nexium (11 people, 13.41%)
- Levothyroxine Sodium (10 people, 12.20%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fever (41 people, 50.00%)
- Nausea (24 people, 29.27%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (21 people, 25.61%)
- Fatigue (17 people, 20.73%)
- Mental Status Changes (16 people, 19.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Chills when taking Niacin?
- Check symptoms - is chills caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsChills and drugs with ingredients of niacin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeChills and Niacin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Niacin has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Niacin 7,446 users)
Chills (felling of cold) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 75,187 Chills patients).
Browse all side effects of Niacina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ChillsChills
Could your condition cause ChillsChills
What would happen?
Questions to the study
HI My mom started Victoza 3 weeks ago and started having intermittent nighttime chills. She is also on Metformin. Do you recommend that she continue Victoza or stop it?for how long can she expect the symptoms
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
He there, I took 4 misoprostol pills yesterday and its been over 24 hrs and just to get the best results here, I should be honest I did Cocaine tonight. And now I'm vomiting pretty aggressively... I haven't eaten much either. Just wondering if this is normal for misoprostol...
User reviews to the study
After 1 week on atenolo I started feeling bad. After 3 weeks I thought I was going to pass out and was nauseous and lightheaded. I stopped taking the atenolol and ended up in emergency with bp of 180/115 and terrible symptoms like tight chest, anxiety, internal shaking, massive nausea, ...
I'm pretty sure I overdosed on Niacin (ate a half a bottle over 20,000mg) about a year ago. And now I seem to have my second massive case of Lymphedema of the feet and scrotum. Went to doctors and the hospital the first time. And they have no ideas. I'm wondering if there's any link between ...