Niacin and Libido increased - from FDA reports
Libido increased is reported only by a few people who take Niacin. We study 6,579 people who have side effects while taking Niacin from FDA. Among them, 3 have Libido increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Libido increased and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 24, 2017
6,579 people reported to have side effects when taking Niacin.
Among them, 3 people (0.05%) have Libido increased
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Libido increased when taking Niacin *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Libido increased when taking Niacin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Sleep Disorder (1 person, 33.33%)
- Restless Leg Syndrome (1 person, 33.33%)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (1 person, 33.33%)
- Depression (1 person, 33.33%)
- Cardiac Disorder (1 person, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vasotec (2 people, 66.67%)
- Lipitor (2 people, 66.67%)
- Lasix (2 people, 66.67%)
- Wellbutrin (1 person, 33.33%)
- Imdur (1 person, 33.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (2 people, 66.67%)
- Weight Decreased (1 person, 33.33%)
- Skin Exfoliation (1 person, 33.33%)
- Rashes (1 person, 33.33%)
- Indigestion (1 person, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Libido increased when taking Niacin?
- Check symptoms - is libido increased caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsLibido increased and drugs with ingredients of niacin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeLibido increased and Niacin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Niacin has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Niacin 7,446 users)
Libido increased (increased sexual urge to have sex) has been reported by people with parkinson's disease, depression, stress and anxiety, schizophrenia, restless leg syndrome (latest reports from 1,756 Libido increased patients).
Browse all side effects of Niacina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Libido increasedLibido increased
Could your condition cause Libido increasedLibido increased
What would happen?
Questions to the study
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
So I was diagnosed Narkolepsie today. On one Hand I´m happy, there is a reason for my sleepyness for years.A lot of andidepressiv drugs I swallowed, yet Venlafaxin 300 mg in the morning.I always liked sex, but in the last years my Libido decreased, even with my new wonderful girlfrand I will ...
User reviews to the study
I'm pretty sure I overdosed on Niacin (ate a half a bottle over 20,000mg) about a year ago. And now I seem to have my second massive case of Lymphedema of the feet and scrotum. Went to doctors and the hospital the first time. And they have no ideas. I'm wondering if there's any link between ...