Home > Niacin > Lupus-like syndrome > Niacin and Lupus-like syndrome
Review: could Niacin cause Lupus-like syndrome?
We study 5,764 people who have side effects while taking Niacin from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Lupus-like syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Lupus-like syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Niacin and have Lupus-like syndrome >>>
Niacin (latest outcomes from 6,310 users) has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Lupus-like syndrome (a disease symptom matches with lupus an immune disease) (latest reports from 10,912 patients) has been reported by people with crohn's disease, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, ulcerative colitis, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 5,764 people reported to have side effects when taking Niacin. Among them, 3 people (0.05%) have Lupus-like Syndrome.
Time on Niacin when people have Lupus-like syndrome * :
Gender of people who have Lupus-like syndrome when taking Niacin * :
|Lupus-like syndrome||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Lupus-like syndrome when taking Niacin * :
|Lupus-like syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Lupus-like syndrome when taking Niacin ** :
How people recovered from Lupus-like syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fluoxetine (1 people, 33.33%)
- Aspirin (1 people, 33.33%)
- Sulfasalazine (1 people, 33.33%)
- Lisinopril (1 people, 33.33%)
- Lipitor (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lupus-like Syndrome while taking Niacin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Niacin and have Lupus-like Syndrome
- support group for people who take Niacin
- support group for people who have Lupus-like Syndrome
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does bcaa cause migraines?
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has CFS, Migraines , and takes Cod Liver Oil, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin C (ascorbic Acid), Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin B3, Selenium, Coenzyme Q10, Iron Dextran, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride)
I took 3 capsules of BCAA and within the next hour I developed a very aggressive migraine. Believing the migraine may have been separate to the tablets, I took another 3 capsules the next day and again within 1 hour I developed a very aggressive migraines. Has anyone had a similar adverse reactio ...
- Will taking a fiber supplement at the same time as niaspan create a problem/interaction
(Asked by a 83 year old woman who takes Niaspan)
I have been told that taking a fiber supplement at the same time as taking Niaspan will limit the effects of the Niaspan. I need to know so that I can change the order in which I take my meds and supplements if needed.
- Since lasix i have severe bouts with mylar rash plus lupus type symptoms. being treated for lupus. related to lasix?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Lupus-like Syndrome, and takes Lasix)
My biggest concern is, will the Lupus syndrome symptoms go away with the cessation of the lasix?
- Does niacin help with my diabetic foot ulcers?
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Diabetic Foot Infection, Foot Deformity, and takes Niacin, Escitalopram Oxalate)
will the niacin have a positive effect on my diabetic foot ulcer?
- Better suggestion of treatment and overall thoughts on these supplements
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Liver Fatty, High Density Lipoprotein, and takes Trimethyl Glycine, Dandelion, Milk Thistle, Acetylcysteine, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, MSM, L-Cysteine HCl, Choline Bitartrate, Inositol, Para - Aminobenzoic Acid (paba), Lutein, Niacin, Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, Chromium Picolinate, Probiotics, Multivitamin)
Taking OTC Supplements (listed individual ingredients ) instead of product names.
More questions for: Niacin, Lupus-like syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Niacin induced thrombocytopena
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Thrombocytopenia, ESRD, and takes Niacin)
On peritoneal dialysis, 40mg Lipitor and 3000mg Niaspan. Platelets decreased to 12 and residual renal function fell off a cliff. Examination of patient's records for 10+ years showed long term platelet decline. Niaspan discontinued, platelets recovered to 120-200 (varies depending on sample) and ...
More reviews for: Niacin, Lupus-like syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamins, Flonase, Fenofibrate, Niaspan, Lovaza, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride, Androgel, Bystolic, Nexium, Diovan for a patient with Low Magnesium, Fatigue, Post Nasal Drip, High Bloood Triglycerides, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Herpes Gestationis, Low Testosterone, Heart, Gerd, High Blood Pressure. The patient has
Comments: Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Niaspan, Lipitor, Lisinopril, Sertraline for a patient with High Blood Sugar, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Depression. The patient has Itching
Comments: intermittent, no physical explanation, no rashes, no hives, etc.
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Pantoprazole, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen for a patient with Supplement, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Vitamin B-12 Level, Acid Reflux, Pain In Limb. The patient has Hypothyroidism
Comments: I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in Sept. 2012 after 6 yrs. of taking Tramadol 50mg. I had gotten it under control using Red Yeast Rice 200mg 3 times a day, Niacin, and Multi-vitamin with iodine. I was told to eat more fish and add iodized salt to my diet which I had done. Then after starting t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Niaspan, Effient for a patient with Heart Disease, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Stent. The patient has Photophobia Aggravated
Comments: Just started a few days ago with pain in eyes when first going into bright light. Last less than a minute.
- A study of side effects of Niacin for a patient with Blood Triglycerides Abnormal. The patient has Knee Pain
Comments: I have been taking niacin for over 6 months. About 1 month ago, knee pain started and has been getting progressively worse mostly while I sleep.
More related studies for: Niacin, Lupus-like syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Arrhythmia and Crestor
- Myalgia and Macrobid
- Loss Of Memory and Spironolactone
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (5 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (10 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (21 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (1 day ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)