Home > Niacin > Lupus-like syndrome > Niacin and Lupus-like syndrome
Review: could Niacin cause Lupus-like syndrome?
We study 5,759 people who have side effects while taking Niacin from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Lupus-like syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Lupus-like syndrome and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Niacin and have Lupus-like syndrome >>>
Niacin (latest outcomes from 6,307 users) has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Lupus-like syndrome (a disease symptom matches with lupus an immune disease) (latest reports from 10,901 patients) has been reported by people with crohn's disease, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, ulcerative colitis, high blood pressure.
On Sep, 18, 2014: 5,759 people reported to have side effects when taking Niacin. Among them, 3 people (0.05%) have Lupus-like Syndrome.
Time on Niacin when people have Lupus-like syndrome * :
Gender of people who have Lupus-like syndrome when taking Niacin * :
|Lupus-like syndrome||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Lupus-like syndrome when taking Niacin * :
|Lupus-like syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Lupus-like syndrome when taking Niacin ** :
How people recovered from Lupus-like syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fluoxetine (1 people, 33.33%)
- Aspirin (1 people, 33.33%)
- Sulfasalazine (1 people, 33.33%)
- Lisinopril (1 people, 33.33%)
- Lipitor (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lupus-like Syndrome while taking Niacin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Niacin and have Lupus-like Syndrome
- group for people who take Niacin
- group for people who have Lupus-like Syndrome
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Was on Metformin (1000 mg per day), which was recently increased with a goal of 2000 mg per day (gradual increase). In the AM, I usually start with a cup of coffee, then breakfast, followed by more coffee (two cups per day). I take metformin immediately following meals. I fix up my coffee with organic half & half, and pure stevia. When drinking coffee, or dairy products, I experience severe upset stomach, without bowl and abdominal sounds. Is it possible I developed a form of lactose intolerance? This is the "only" dairy I use and prefer to use unsweetened almond milk in place of dairy, except for coffee. This morning, as an experiment, I decided not to fix any coffee and the symptoms have subsided so far today.
From this study (3 months ago):
Tremor rather moderate came on 6 weeks ago suddenly
From this study (3 months ago):
Muscle ache makes it difficult to sleep or do anything
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Niacin, Lupus-like syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Niacin induced thrombocytopena
On peritoneal dialysis, 40mg Lipitor and 3000mg Niaspan. Platelets decreased to 12 and residual renal function fell off a cliff. Examination of patient's records for 10+ years showed long term platelet decline. Niaspan discontinued, platelets recovered to 120-200 (varies depending on sample) and ...
More reviews for: Niacin, Lupus-like syndrome
On eHealthMe, Niacin (niacin) is often used for high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions Niacin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Niacin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Sertraline, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril for a 68-year old man who has Depression, Pain, Blood Pressure Increased (60 seconds ago)
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (6 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a 36-year old man who has Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression (6 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (7 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (56 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (58 minutes ago)
- Midodrine Hydrochloride (impax Pharms) 2.5mg
- Acetaminophen Aspirin And Codeine Phosphate
- Caclia Doce
- Solidago Virgaurea
- Nausea And Vomiting