Niacin and Mania - from FDA reports
Mania is reported only by a few people who take Niacin. We study 6,579 people who have side effects while taking Niacin from FDA. Among them, 4 have Mania. Find out below who they are, when they have Mania and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
6,579 people reported to have side effects when taking Niacin.
Among them, 4 people (0.06%) have Mania
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Mania when taking Niacin *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Mania when taking Niacin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 25 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 75 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Cognitive Disorder (2 people, 50.00%)
- Bipolar I Disorder (1 person, 25.00%)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (1 person, 25.00%)
- Abnormal Behavior (1 person, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aricept (3 people, 75.00%)
- Propranolol Hydrochloride (2 people, 50.00%)
- Loratadine (2 people, 50.00%)
- Furosemide (2 people, 50.00%)
- Albuterol Sulfate (2 people, 50.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Psychotic Disorder (2 people, 50.00%)
- Nightmares (2 people, 50.00%)
- Irritability (2 people, 50.00%)
- Hallucination, Visual (2 people, 50.00%)
- Fainting (2 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mania when taking Niacin?
Niacin has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Niacin 7,442 users)
Mania (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood) has been reported by people with bipolar disorder, depression, bipolar i disorder, mania, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 15,339 Mania patients).