Review: could Niacin cause Numbness and tingling?
Summary: Numbness and tingling is found among people who take Niacin, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Vitamin d, and have Depression.
We study 5,770 people who have side effects while taking Niacin from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Numbness and tingling. Find out below who they are, when they have Numbness and tingling and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Niacin and have Numbness and tingling >>>
Niacin has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 6,317 Niacin users)
Numbness and tingling
Numbness and tingling (unusual prickling sensations) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 4,988 Numbness and tingling patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 5,769 people reported to have side effects when taking Niacin. Among them, 10 people (0.17%) have Numbness And Tingling.
Time on Niacin when people have Numbness and tingling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Numbness and tingling||0.00%||50.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00% |
Gender of people who have Numbness and tingling when taking Niacin * :
|Numbness and tingling||30.00%||70.00% |
Age of people who have Numbness and tingling when taking Niacin * :
|Numbness and tingling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||55.56%||33.33% |
Severity of Numbness and tingling when taking Niacin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Numbness and tingling||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Numbness and tingling ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Numbness and tingling||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (4 people, 40.00%)
- Arthritis (4 people, 40.00%)
- Sleep disorder (3 people, 30.00%)
- Prophylaxis (3 people, 30.00%)
- Restless legs syndrome (3 people, 30.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d (4 people, 40.00%)
- Green tea extract (3 people, 30.00%)
- Pantothenic acid (3 people, 30.00%)
- Biotin (3 people, 30.00%)
- Copper (3 people, 30.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of niacin and numbness and tingling on
Do you have Numbness And Tingling while taking Niacin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Niacin and have Numbness And Tingling
- support group for people who take Niacin
- support group for people who have Numbness And Tingling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Vitamin B3 for a 35-year old man with Ringworm. The patient has Bisters, Fissures, And Hardened Skin On My Fingers. Ringworm On My Upper Arms And Legs.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Lexapro, Lamictal, Prilosec, Simvastatin, Niaspan, Levoxyl, Actos, Januvia, Metformin Hydrochloride for a 64-year old man with Abdominal Pain Lower, Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Gerd, Hypercholesterolemia, High Trigylycerides, Hypothyroidism - Primary, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Diabetes. The patient has Low Platelet Count
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Lamotrigine for a 46-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness
- A study of side effects of Naproxen for a 40-year old woman with Numbness And Tingling. The patient has Flat Feet (condition in which the arch of the foot collapses), Numbness And Tingling (unusual prickling sensations)
- A study of side effects of Niaspan for a 54-year old woman with Lower Cholesterol. The patient has Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints)
Recent Niacin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Niacin, Metformin, Lidoderm for a 64-year old man who has Medical
- Comparions of Losartan Potassium, Pravastatin Sodium, Testosterone, Niacin, Metoprolol Succinate for a 77-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Niacin, Aggrenox for a 59-year old woman who has Stroke
- Comparions of Niacin, Invega Sustenna for a 40-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Vitamin B7, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B1 for a 79-year old man who has Acute Brain Syndrome, Acute Confusional State, Delirium
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.