Review: could Niacin cause Numbness and tingling?
Summary: Numbness and tingling is found among people who take Niacin, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Vitamin d, and have Depression.
We study 5,766 people who have side effects while taking Niacin from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Numbness and tingling. Find out below who they are, when they have Numbness and tingling and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Niacin and have Numbness and tingling >>>
Niacin has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Niacin 6,312 users)
Numbness and tingling
Numbness and tingling (unusual prickling sensations) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Numbness and tingling 4,873 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 5,766 people reported to have side effects when taking Niacin. Among them, 10 people (0.17%) have Numbness And Tingling.
Time on Niacin when people have Numbness and tingling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Numbness and tingling||0.00%||50.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00% |
Gender of people who have Numbness and tingling when taking Niacin * :
|Numbness and tingling||30.00%||70.00% |
Age of people who have Numbness and tingling when taking Niacin * :
|Numbness and tingling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||55.56%||33.33% |
Severity of Numbness and tingling when taking Niacin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Numbness and tingling||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Numbness and tingling ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Numbness and tingling||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (4 people, 40.00%)
- Arthritis (4 people, 40.00%)
- Sleep disorder (3 people, 30.00%)
- Prophylaxis (3 people, 30.00%)
- Restless legs syndrome (3 people, 30.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d (4 people, 40.00%)
- Green tea extract (3 people, 30.00%)
- Pantothenic acid (3 people, 30.00%)
- Biotin (3 people, 30.00%)
- Copper (3 people, 30.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Numbness And Tingling while taking Niacin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Niacin and have Numbness And Tingling
- support group for people who take Niacin
- support group for people who have Numbness And Tingling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What causes ideopathic polyneurothopy if not diabetic? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Numbness And Tingling, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, and takes Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, CoQ-10, Adderall Xr 20, Bystolic, Azor)
Numbness in ball of foot. Started on one right side and progressed to both. EMG indicated Ideopathic Polyneurothopy. Pre diabetic with A1C of 5.8 - only one reading ever exceeded diabetic criteria at 6.6. Started 6 months ago with slow progression. No pain, minor tingling. Not constant but pro ...
- Has anyone had tingling in hands, arms, feet, legs from lisinopril that did not go away when they quit taking it? if you got rid of the tingles, how did you do it? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who has Muscle Pain, Muscle Tightness, Tingling And Numbness, and takes Atenolol, Lisinopril )
After 9 months on Atenolol I started getting tingling in my left hand. Also had a pulmonary embolism. A doc switched me to Lisinopril and the tingling moved to my legs, feet, both hands and arms. My calf muscles are very tight and my legs ache. Plus dizziness and other things. After 3 years of ...
- Does bcaa cause migraines?
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has CFS, Migraines , and takes Cod Liver Oil, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin C (ascorbic Acid), Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin B3, Selenium, Coenzyme Q10, Iron Dextran, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride)
I took 3 capsules of BCAA and within the next hour I developed a very aggressive migraine. Believing the migraine may have been separate to the tablets, I took another 3 capsules the next day and again within 1 hour I developed a very aggressive migraines. Has anyone had a similar adverse reactio ...
- Can sss cause cognitive decline and/or memory deficit?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Dizziness Postural, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Cognitive Deterioration, Paresthesias, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, and takes Lantus Solostar, Meloxicam, Hydrocet)
No palpable left radial pulse
100% occlusion of left proximal subclavian artery.
70% occlusion of left carotid
Clinical memory and cognitive decline
Intermittent postural dizziness
- Will taking a fiber supplement at the same time as niaspan create a problem/interaction
(Asked by a 83 year old woman who takes Niaspan)
I have been told that taking a fiber supplement at the same time as taking Niaspan will limit the effects of the Niaspan. I need to know so that I can change the order in which I take my meds and supplements if needed.
More questions for: Niacin, Numbness and tingling
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Tingling feet and hands
(Posted by a 28 year old woman who has Tingling And Numbness, Tingling And Numbness In Feet, and takes Flagyl)
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of this medication my feet and hands have became so tingly and itchy That its becoming unbearable.
- Reaction to methylpred
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Tingling And Numbness, and takes Baby Aspirin, Paroxetine Hydrochloride)
I have a severe case of poison ivy for which I was given Prednisone. Still suffering 1 week later went back to doctor (was at 2x/day at that point) and was then put on methylpred 4mg PAK. Today is my second day on this. First noted tingling on my insides in my trunk area this morning, later in arms ...
- Niacin induced thrombocytopena
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Thrombocytopenia, ESRD, and takes Niacin)
On peritoneal dialysis, 40mg Lipitor and 3000mg Niaspan. Platelets decreased to 12 and residual renal function fell off a cliff. Examination of patient's records for 10+ years showed long term platelet decline. Niaspan discontinued, platelets recovered to 120-200 (varies depending on sample) and ...
- Can crestor cause vertigo? (2 responses)
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Pressure In Back Of Head, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue, Balance Disorder, Slurred Speech, Vertigo, and takes Topamax, Amlodipine Besylate)
I started taking Crestor in May of 2011. I had my first big "episode" in June.
Severe vertigo, loss of balance, slurred speech, fatigue, loss for words, tingling, numbness, pressure in back of head...
Didn't have all at once, but went to hospital via ambulance twice. Was first given 1000 mg of kep ...
More reviews for: Niacin, Numbness and tingling
- A study of side effects of Gilenya for a patient with Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Numbness And Tingling (unusual prickling sensations)
Comments: I started taking gilenya about six months ago. A few weeks after starting the medication I started getting acid reflux symptoms and am now in medication for acid reflux. I want to know if the gilenya may be causing my acid reflux.
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Montelukast Sodium for a patient with Eosinophilia, Asthma Aggravated. The patient has Muscle Aches, Muscle Fatigue, Numbness And Tingling
Comments: After a few weeks at 30mg/day of Prednisone I started to experience experience muscle fatigue and ache after only a short amount of walking. After a month later on 10mg of Prednisone I started to notice minor tingling and numbness in my feet, then ankles, and now further up my leg after about two we ...
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamins, Flonase, Fenofibrate, Niaspan, Lovaza, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride, Androgel, Bystolic, Nexium, Diovan for a patient with Low Magnesium, Fatigue, Post Nasal Drip, High Bloood Triglycerides, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Herpes Gestationis, Low Testosterone, Heart, Gerd, High Blood Pressure. The patient has
Comments: Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Estradiol, Clonazepam, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Nexium for a patient with Erythromelalgia, Menopausal Symptoms, Rls, Chronic Depression, Gastritis - Chronic. The patient has Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Burning Feet Syndrome
Comments: I have suffered from painfull, red, burning sensation feet. Saw 4 different podiatrist, a neurologist, a cardiovascular surgeon, a rehumatologist, and finally after 7 months a podiatrist give me a diagnosis: Erythromelalgia. He precribed Gabapentin 900 daily. It has help me a little, but not enough ...
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Pantoprazole, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen for a patient with Supplement, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Vitamin B-12 Level, Acid Reflux, Pain In Limb. The patient has Hypothyroidism
Comments: I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in Sept. 2012 after 6 yrs. of taking Tramadol 50mg. I had gotten it under control using Red Yeast Rice 200mg 3 times a day, Niacin, and Multi-vitamin with iodine. I was told to eat more fish and add iodized salt to my diet which I had done. Then after starting t ...
More related studies for: Niacin, Numbness and tingling
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.