Niacin and Numbness and tingling - from FDA reports
Numbness and tingling is found among people who take Niacin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Adderall 10, and have Gastrointestinal motility disorder. This review analyzes which people have Numbness and tingling with Niacin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,579 people who have side effects when taking Niacin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 19, 2017
6,579 people reported to have side effects when taking Niacin.
Among them, 7 people (0.11%) have Numbness and tingling
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Niacin when people have Numbness and tingling *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Numbness and tingling when taking Niacin *:
- female: 14.29 %
- male: 85.71 %
Age of people who have Numbness and tingling when taking Niacin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 50 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Sleep Disorder (3 people, 42.86%)
- Sinus Disorder (3 people, 42.86%)
- Restless Leg Syndrome (3 people, 42.86%)
- Hiatal Hernia (3 people, 42.86%)
- Gastrointestinal Motility Disorder (3 people, 42.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Saw Palmetto (3 people, 42.86%)
- Rutoside (3 people, 42.86%)
- Inositol (3 people, 42.86%)
- Bilberry (3 people, 42.86%)
- Adderall 10 (3 people, 42.86%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Paraesthesia (4 people, 57.14%)
- Nausea (4 people, 57.14%)
- Dizziness (4 people, 57.14%)
- Oedema Peripheral (3 people, 42.86%)
- Neuropathy Peripheral (3 people, 42.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Numbness and tingling when taking Niacin?
- Check symptoms - is numbness and tingling caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsNumbness and tingling and drugs with ingredients of niacin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNumbness and tingling and Niacin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Niacin has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Niacin 7,446 users)
Numbness and tingling
Numbness and tingling (unusual prickling sensations) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression (latest reports from 7,322 Numbness and tingling patients).
Browse all side effects of Niacina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Numbness and tinglingNumbness and tingling
Could your condition cause Numbness and tinglingNumbness and tingling
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I take cymbalta. When I lie down, there is a burning sensation from my knees down to the ankles. One leg hurts more than the other. The discomfort makes it hard to sleep. Is there anything that helps?
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
User reviews to the study
I have been off and on percs the last 9 months . No more than three 15's a day .... Developed tingling and numbness about 6 months ago ... Have been off of them 10 days now . How long does this numbness last
Hi people , I've been taking certizine hydrochloride for 7 years daily for itching as I work as a gardener 8 months of the year , however recently I had a bad reaction to doxycycline (antibiotics) and doctor told me to take 2 for a few days instead of just 1 so I started 1 in morning and one in ...