Home > Niacin > Petechiae > Niacin and Petechiae
Review: could Niacin cause Petechiae (Bleeding into the skin)?
We study 5,764 people who have side effects while taking Niacin from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Petechiae. Find out below who they are, when they have Petechiae and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Niacin and have Petechiae >>>
Niacin (latest outcomes from 6,308 users) has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Petechiae (a small red or purple spot caused by bleeding into the skin) (latest reports from 35,182 patients) has been reported by people with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 5,764 people reported to have side effects when taking Niacin. Among them, 9 people (0.16%) have Petechiae.
Time on Niacin when people have Petechiae * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Petechiae when taking Niacin * :
Age of people who have Petechiae when taking Niacin * :
Severity of Petechiae when taking Niacin ** :
How people recovered from Petechiae ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (3 people, 33.33%)
- Insomnia (3 people, 33.33%)
- Pain (3 people, 33.33%)
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (1 people, 11.11%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (1 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (6 people, 66.67%)
- Percocet (4 people, 44.44%)
- Zoloft (3 people, 33.33%)
- Aciphex (3 people, 33.33%)
- Vicodin (3 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Petechiae while taking Niacin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Niacin and have Petechiae
- support group for people who take Niacin
- support group for people who have Petechiae
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Niacin, Petechiae
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Petechiae after taking plant sterols
after taking plant sterols for five years i switched brands,withinn a few days i developed minute petechiae on my lower legs and especially behind my knees and inner thighs. My legs were also swelling and feeling tight.
i stopped taking the sterols and after a week the petechiae disappeared along w ...
- Niacin induced thrombocytopena
On peritoneal dialysis, 40mg Lipitor and 3000mg Niaspan. Platelets decreased to 12 and residual renal function fell off a cliff. Examination of patient's records for 10+ years showed long term platelet decline. Niaspan discontinued, platelets recovered to 120-200 (varies depending on sample) and ...
More reviews for: Niacin, Petechiae
On eHealthMe, Niacin (niacin) is often used for high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions Niacin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Niacin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Niacin, Petechiae
Recent Niacin related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Niacin, Petechiae
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (9 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (11 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (4 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (4 hours ago)
- Calcium Gluconate
- Second Degree Burn
- Upper Limb Deformity