Home > Niacin > Psychotic disorder > Niacin and Psychotic disorder
Review: could Niacin cause Psychotic disorder?
Summary: Psychotic disorder is found among people who take Niacin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Chantix, and have Tobacco abuse.
We study 5,764 people who have side effects while taking Niacin from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Psychotic disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Psychotic disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Niacin and have Psychotic disorder >>>
Niacin (latest outcomes from 6,310 users) has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Psychotic disorder (latest reports from 83,421 patients) has been reported by people with schizophrenia, depression, quit smoking, pain, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 5,764 people reported to have side effects when taking Niacin. Among them, 15 people (0.26%) have Psychotic Disorder.
Time on Niacin when people have Psychotic disorder * :
Gender of people who have Psychotic disorder when taking Niacin * :
|Psychotic disorder||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Psychotic disorder when taking Niacin * :
|Psychotic disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||20.00%||30.00% |
Severity of Psychotic disorder when taking Niacin ** :
How people recovered from Psychotic disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Tobacco abuse (6 people, 40.00%)
- Major depression (3 people, 20.00%)
- Anxiety (3 people, 20.00%)
- Insomnia (3 people, 20.00%)
- Cognitive disorder (3 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Chantix (7 people, 46.67%)
- Glucotrol xl (6 people, 40.00%)
- Vitamin e (6 people, 40.00%)
- Lipitor (6 people, 40.00%)
- Glucophage (6 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Psychotic Disorder while taking Niacin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Niacin and have Psychotic Disorder
- support group for people who take Niacin
- support group for people who have Psychotic Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does bcaa cause migraines?
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has CFS, Migraines , and takes Cod Liver Oil, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin C (ascorbic Acid), Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin B3, Selenium, Coenzyme Q10, Iron Dextran, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride)
I took 3 capsules of BCAA and within the next hour I developed a very aggressive migraine. Believing the migraine may have been separate to the tablets, I took another 3 capsules the next day and again within 1 hour I developed a very aggressive migraines. Has anyone had a similar adverse reactio ...
- Will taking a fiber supplement at the same time as niaspan create a problem/interaction
(Asked by a 83 year old woman who takes Niaspan)
I have been told that taking a fiber supplement at the same time as taking Niaspan will limit the effects of the Niaspan. I need to know so that I can change the order in which I take my meds and supplements if needed.
- Does niacin help with my diabetic foot ulcers?
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Diabetic Foot Infection, Foot Deformity, and takes Niacin, Escitalopram Oxalate)
will the niacin have a positive effect on my diabetic foot ulcer?
- Better suggestion of treatment and overall thoughts on these supplements
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Liver Fatty, High Density Lipoprotein, and takes Trimethyl Glycine, Dandelion, Milk Thistle, Acetylcysteine, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, MSM, L-Cysteine HCl, Choline Bitartrate, Inositol, Para - Aminobenzoic Acid (paba), Lutein, Niacin, Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, Chromium Picolinate, Probiotics, Multivitamin)
Taking OTC Supplements (listed individual ingredients ) instead of product names.
- Does effient cause low blood pressure
(Asked by a 71 year old man who has Arthritis Of Hip, Arteriosclerosis Coronary Artery, Mild Marie Charcot Tooth Synderome (foot Numbness), Prediabetes, Hypertension, Hypotension, Benign Enlargement Of The Prostate, and takes Effient, Flomax, Baby Aspirin, Cozaar, Metoprolol Tartrate, Pravastatin Sodium, Zetia, Niacin, Proscar)
Been having drops in blood pressure after meals and after beginning to take effient. This to the point of about 90-100 over 60, especially after eating. The lower number is especially problematic in that anything in the low sixties produces lightheadedness that endures a couple of hours. Have cut ...
More questions for: Niacin, Psychotic disorder
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Niacin induced thrombocytopena
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Thrombocytopenia, ESRD, and takes Niacin)
On peritoneal dialysis, 40mg Lipitor and 3000mg Niaspan. Platelets decreased to 12 and residual renal function fell off a cliff. Examination of patient's records for 10+ years showed long term platelet decline. Niaspan discontinued, platelets recovered to 120-200 (varies depending on sample) and ...
More reviews for: Niacin, Psychotic disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Cinnamon, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Niacin, CoQ10, Aspirin, Lamotrigine, Risperidone, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Lipitor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Digoxin for a patient with Heart, Despression, Atrial Fibrillation, Help Heart, Bipolar 1, Depression, Blood Cholesterol Increased, High Blood Pressure, A-fib. The patient has Bipolar 1, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Atrial Fibrillation
Comments: Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD)like symptoms to include:
--specks of light
--snow & rain affect
--trails following objects in motion
--halos or auras
--illusions of motion in a static environment
--distortions in dimension
--heightened awareness of motion.
Occurs in dark o ...
- A study of side effects of Niacin for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Seizure (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain)
Comments: About 1 hour after taking 500 mg of slo niacin, baby aspirin and blood pressure meds (have been on the BP meds for years) Slo Niacin was a new drug for me. I turned very red and had a type of seizure. I threw up and then my body went stiff , my head went back, eyes rolled up and lost consciousness. ...
More related studies for: Niacin, Psychotic disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Xarelto and Muscle Pain
- Methimazole and Thrombophlebitis
- Zyprexa and Infertility
- Biotin and Vaginal Discharge
- Gynaecomastia and Atenolol
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (1 hour ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (6 hours ago)
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (7 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (2 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (6 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pantoprazole, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Opana Er, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Augmentin '875' for a 57-year old man who has Heartburn, High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety And Stress, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Pain, Surgery (23 minutes ago)
- Tylenol W/ Codeine for a 25-year old woman who has TMD (1 hour ago)
- Citalopram Hydrobromide, Ativan, Budesonide for a 56-year old woman who has Anxiety, Colitis Microscopic (2 hours ago)