Niacin and Psychotic disorder - from FDA reports
Psychotic disorder is found among people who take Niacin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Chantix, and have Quit smoking. This review analyzes which people have Psychotic disorder with Niacin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,579 people who have side effects when taking Niacin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 06, 2017
6,579 people reported to have side effects when taking Niacin.
Among them, 16 people (0.24%) have Psychotic disorder
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Niacin when people have Psychotic disorder *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Psychotic disorder when taking Niacin *:
- female: 62.5 %
- male: 37.5 %
Age of people who have Psychotic disorder when taking Niacin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 9.09 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 45.45 %
- 50-59: 18.18 %
- 60+: 27.27 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Quit Smoking (8 people, 50.00%)
- Stress And Anxiety (3 people, 18.75%)
- Major Depression (3 people, 18.75%)
- Insomnia (3 people, 18.75%)
- Cognitive Disorder (3 people, 18.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Chantix (7 people, 43.75%)
- Lipitor (6 people, 37.50%)
- Glucotrol Xl (6 people, 37.50%)
- Glucophage (6 people, 37.50%)
- Vitamin E (5 people, 31.25%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (7 people, 43.75%)
- Nervous System Disorder (6 people, 37.50%)
- Drowsiness (6 people, 37.50%)
- Disturbance In Attention (6 people, 37.50%)
- Constipation (6 people, 37.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Psychotic disorder when taking Niacin?
- Check symptoms - is psychotic disorder caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPsychotic disorder and drugs with ingredients of niacin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePsychotic disorder and Niacin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Niacin has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Niacin 7,447 users)
Psychotic disorder has been reported by people with schizophrenia, depression, psychotic disorder, stress and anxiety, bipolar disorder (latest reports from 32,976 Psychotic disorder patients).
Browse all side effects of Niacina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Psychotic disorderPsychotic disorder
Could your condition cause Psychotic disorderPsychotic disorder
What would happen?
Questions to the study
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
User reviews to the study
I'm pretty sure I overdosed on Niacin (ate a half a bottle over 20,000mg) about a year ago. And now I seem to have my second massive case of Lymphedema of the feet and scrotum. Went to doctors and the hospital the first time. And they have no ideas. I'm wondering if there's any link between ...
I started taking Suboxone a little over a month ago to get off pain meds and heroin I was using to get high, treat PTSD and an on going stomach pain no doctor could explain after getting every test recommended. I started at 16mg and went down to 12 to 14mg. The last week I started hearing ...