Review: could Niacin cause Rosacea?
Summary: Rosacea is found among people who take Niacin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Zocor, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 5,766 people who have side effects while taking Niacin from FDA and social media. Among them, 25 have Rosacea. Find out below who they are, when they have Rosacea and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Niacin and have Rosacea >>>
Niacin has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Niacin 6,312 users)
Rosacea (a skin condition that causes facial redness) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Rosacea 2,523 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 5,766 people reported to have side effects when taking Niacin. Among them, 25 people (0.43%) have Rosacea.
Time on Niacin when people have Rosacea * :
Gender of people who have Rosacea when taking Niacin * :
Age of people who have Rosacea when taking Niacin * :
Severity of Rosacea when taking Niacin ** :
How people recovered from Rosacea ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (18 people, 72.00%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (9 people, 36.00%)
- Diabetes mellitus (2 people, 8.00%)
- Diabetic neuropathy (2 people, 8.00%)
- Acne (2 people, 8.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zocor (20 people, 80.00%)
- Glucophage (20 people, 80.00%)
- Lipitor (19 people, 76.00%)
- Nexium (19 people, 76.00%)
- Prilosec (19 people, 76.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rosacea while taking Niacin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Niacin and have Rosacea
- support group for people who take Niacin
- support group for people who have Rosacea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does bcaa cause migraines?
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has CFS, Migraines , and takes Cod Liver Oil, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin C (ascorbic Acid), Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin B3, Selenium, Coenzyme Q10, Iron Dextran, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride)
I took 3 capsules of BCAA and within the next hour I developed a very aggressive migraine. Believing the migraine may have been separate to the tablets, I took another 3 capsules the next day and again within 1 hour I developed a very aggressive migraines. Has anyone had a similar adverse reactio ...
- Will taking a fiber supplement at the same time as niaspan create a problem/interaction
(Asked by a 83 year old woman who takes Niaspan)
I have been told that taking a fiber supplement at the same time as taking Niaspan will limit the effects of the Niaspan. I need to know so that I can change the order in which I take my meds and supplements if needed.
- Does niacin help with my diabetic foot ulcers?
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Diabetic Foot Infection, Foot Deformity, and takes Niacin, Escitalopram Oxalate)
will the niacin have a positive effect on my diabetic foot ulcer?
- Better suggestion of treatment and overall thoughts on these supplements
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Liver Fatty, High Density Lipoprotein, and takes Trimethyl Glycine, Dandelion, Milk Thistle, Acetylcysteine, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, MSM, L-Cysteine HCl, Choline Bitartrate, Inositol, Para - Aminobenzoic Acid (paba), Lutein, Niacin, Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, Chromium Picolinate, Probiotics, Multivitamin)
Taking OTC Supplements (listed individual ingredients ) instead of product names.
- Does effient cause low blood pressure (1 answer)
(Asked by a 71 year old man who has Arthritis Of Hip, Arteriosclerosis Coronary Artery, Mild Marie Charcot Tooth Synderome (foot Numbness), Prediabetes, Hypertension, Hypotension, Benign Enlargement Of The Prostate, and takes Effient, Flomax, Baby Aspirin, Cozaar, Metoprolol Tartrate, Pravastatin Sodium, Zetia, Niacin, Proscar)
Been having drops in blood pressure after meals and after beginning to take effient. This to the point of about 90-100 over 60, especially after eating. The lower number is especially problematic in that anything in the low sixties produces lightheadedness that endures a couple of hours. Have cut ...
More questions for: Niacin, Rosacea
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Niacin induced thrombocytopena
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Thrombocytopenia, ESRD, and takes Niacin)
On peritoneal dialysis, 40mg Lipitor and 3000mg Niaspan. Platelets decreased to 12 and residual renal function fell off a cliff. Examination of patient's records for 10+ years showed long term platelet decline. Niaspan discontinued, platelets recovered to 120-200 (varies depending on sample) and ...
- Spironolactone caused meibomian gland dysfunction
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Acne Rosacea, Acne, and takes Spironolactone)
I started taking spironolactone to help with hormonal acne. I took 1 pill for 3 months without any noticeable problems. Then my dermatologist increased to 2X/day. Within 1 week the glands in my eyes (meibomian glands) completely clogged up and caused severe dry eye. I continued taking the spiron ...
More reviews for: Niacin, Rosacea
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamins, Flonase, Fenofibrate, Niaspan, Lovaza, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride, Androgel, Bystolic, Nexium, Diovan for a patient with Low Magnesium, Fatigue, Post Nasal Drip, High Bloood Triglycerides, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Herpes Gestationis, Low Testosterone, Heart, Gerd, High Blood Pressure.
Comments: Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Pantoprazole, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen for a patient with Supplement, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Vitamin B-12 Level, Acid Reflux, Pain In Limb. The patient has Hypothyroidism
Comments: I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in Sept. 2012 after 6 yrs. of taking Tramadol 50mg. I had gotten it under control using Red Yeast Rice 200mg 3 times a day, Niacin, and Multi-vitamin with iodine. I was told to eat more fish and add iodized salt to my diet which I had done. Then after starting t ...
- A study of side effects of Niacin for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Rash, Face, Neck & Ears
Comments: Is this a Niacin side effect? I woke with a rash yesterday, just took one dose of Niacin yesterday at dinner, versus 3X per day. After dinner the rash became worse. I chewed 3 baby Aspirin, which helped diminish the hot feeling, but did not change or eliminate the rash. I took 2 Benadryl at bedtime. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cortef, Armour Thyroid, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Niaspan, Lovaza, Metformin for a patient with Cortisol Level, Hypothyroidism, Blood Pressure Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Insulin Resistance. The patient has Stomach Upset
Comments: Was on Metformin (1000 mg per day), which was recently increased with a goal of 2000 mg per day (gradual increase). In the AM, I usually start with a cup of coffee, then breakfast, followed by more coffee (two cups per day). I take metformin immediately following meals. I fix up my coffee with or ...
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Liver Oil, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin B3, Vitamin C, Magnesium, Riboflavin, Selenium, Coenzyme Q10, Iron Dextran, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, BCAA for a patient with Migraines And Chronicc Fatigue Syndrome, Cfs, Low Iron Level, Migraine.
Comments: I took 3 capsules of BCAA (EQUIVALENT TO 750 L-LEUCINE, 375 L-ISOLEUCINE AND 375 L-VALINE)and developed a very aggressive migraine in the hour after I took them. Believing it may have been irrelevant, I took again 3 capsules the next day and again about 1 hour later I developed a very aggressive m ...
More related studies for: Niacin, Rosacea
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.