Review: could Niacin cause Spontaneous penile erection?
Summary: Spontaneous penile erection is reported only by a few people who take Niacin.
We study 5,766 people who have side effects while taking Niacin from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Spontaneous penile erection. Find out below who they are, when they have Spontaneous penile erection and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Niacin and have Spontaneous penile erection >>>
Niacin has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Niacin 6,312 users)
Spontaneous penile erection
Spontaneous penile erection (sudden penis tightness) has been reported by people with erection problems, depression, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, restless leg syndrome, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Spontaneous penile erection 257 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 5,766 people reported to have side effects when taking Niacin. Among them, 3 people (0.05%) have Spontaneous Penile Erection.
Time on Niacin when people have Spontaneous penile erection * :
Gender of people who have Spontaneous penile erection when taking Niacin * :
|Spontaneous penile erection||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Spontaneous penile erection when taking Niacin * :
|Spontaneous penile erection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Spontaneous penile erection when taking Niacin ** :
How people recovered from Spontaneous penile erection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Erectile dysfunction (3 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atenolol (3 people, 100.00%)
- Folic acid (3 people, 100.00%)
- Zaroxolyn (3 people, 100.00%)
- Avapro (3 people, 100.00%)
- Viagra (3 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Spontaneous Penile Erection while taking Niacin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Niacin and have Spontaneous Penile Erection
- support group for people who take Niacin
- support group for people who have Spontaneous Penile Erection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does bcaa cause migraines?
I took 3 capsules of BCAA and within the next hour I developed a very aggressive migraine. Believing the migraine may have been separate to the tablets, I took another 3 capsules the next day and again within 1 hour I developed a very aggressive migraines. Has anyone had a similar adverse reaction?
- Will taking a fiber supplement at the same time as niaspan create a problem/interaction
I have been told that taking a fiber supplement at the same time as taking Niaspan will limit the effects of the Niaspan. I need to know so that I can change the order in which I take my meds and supplements if needed.
- Does niacin help with my diabetic foot ulcers?
will the niacin have a positive effect on my diabetic foot ulcer?
- Better suggestion of treatment and overall thoughts on these supplements
Taking OTC Supplements (listed individual ingredients ) instead of product names.
- Does effient cause low blood pressure (1 answer)
Been having drops in blood pressure after meals and after beginning to take effient. This to the point of about 90-100 over 60, especially after eating. The lower number is especially problematic in that anything in the low sixties produces lightheadedness that endures a couple of hours. Have cut back on blood pressure medicines and am thinking of taking effient at night. Feel better in the evenings when blood pressure is higher. Any suggestions on combating low blood pressure? Had double stent two weeks ago. Anyone else have similar problems? Also, since taking Effient, blood sugar seems to spike after meals. More sensitive to carbohydrates, especially without quite a bit of protein mixed in.
More questions for: Niacin, Spontaneous penile erection
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Niacin induced thrombocytopena
On peritoneal dialysis, 40mg Lipitor and 3000mg Niaspan. Platelets decreased to 12 and residual renal function fell off a cliff. Examination of patient's records for 10+ years showed long term platelet decline. Niaspan discontinued, platelets recovered to 120-200 (varies depending on sample) and some residual renal function returned.
More reviews for: Niacin, Spontaneous penile erection
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
- I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in Sept. 2012 after 6 yrs. of taking Tramadol 50mg. I had gotten it under control using Red Yeast Rice 200mg 3 times a day, Niacin, and Multi-vitamin with iodine. I was told to eat more fish and add iodized salt to my diet which I had done. Then after starting t ...
- Is this a Niacin side effect? I woke with a rash yesterday, just took one dose of Niacin yesterday at dinner, versus 3X per day. After dinner the rash became worse. I chewed 3 baby Aspirin, which helped diminish the hot feeling, but did not change or eliminate the rash. I took 2 Benadryl at bedtime. ...
- Was on Metformin (1000 mg per day), which was recently increased with a goal of 2000 mg per day (gradual increase). In the AM, I usually start with a cup of coffee, then breakfast, followed by more coffee (two cups per day). I take metformin immediately following meals. I fix up my coffee with or ...
- I took 3 capsules of BCAA (EQUIVALENT TO 750 L-LEUCINE, 375 L-ISOLEUCINE AND 375 L-VALINE)and developed a very aggressive migraine in the hour after I took them. Believing it may have been irrelevant, I took again 3 capsules the next day and again about 1 hour later I developed a very aggressive m ...
More related studies for: Niacin, Spontaneous penile erection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.