Review: could Niacin cause Varicose vein?
Summary: Varicose vein is found among people who take Niacin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Synthroid, and have Hyperlipidaemia.
We study 5,771 people who have side effects while taking Niacin from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Varicose vein. Find out below who they are, when they have Varicose vein and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Niacin and have Varicose vein >>>
Niacin has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 6,317 Niacin users)
Varicose vein (veins that have become enlarged and tortuous) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, birth control, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 2,338 Varicose vein patients)
On Apr, 4, 2015: 5,771 people reported to have side effects when taking Niacin. Among them, 9 people (0.16%) have Varicose Vein.
Time on Niacin when people have Varicose vein * :
Gender of people who have Varicose vein when taking Niacin * :
|Varicose vein||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Varicose vein when taking Niacin * :
|Varicose vein||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Varicose vein when taking Niacin ** :
How people recovered from Varicose vein ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hyperlipidaemia (6 people, 66.67%)
- Hypothyroidism (4 people, 44.44%)
- Oedema (4 people, 44.44%)
- Senile osteoporosis (4 people, 44.44%)
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 44.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (4 people, 44.44%)
- Furosemide (4 people, 44.44%)
- Actonel (4 people, 44.44%)
- Phenazopyridine hcl tab (4 people, 44.44%)
- Prolia (4 people, 44.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of niacin and varicose vein on
Do you have Varicose Vein while taking Niacin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Niacin and have Varicose Vein
- support group for people who take Niacin
- support group for people who have Varicose Vein
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Neurontin, Ibuprofen, Lipitor, Topamax, Niacin, Paxil CR, Alendronate Sodium, Clopidogrel for a 56-year old woman with Backaches And Stress, Seizures, Complicated Migraine, Total Cholesterol, Depression, Osteoporosis, Pad. The patient has Migraine, Brittle Bone Disease, Slurred Speech, Numbness
- A study of drug interactions between Niacin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Losartan, Warfarin Sodium for a 81-year old man with Avascular Necrosis, Blood Erythropoietin Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased, Blood Clot - Lung. The patient has Rash On Chest And Back
- A study of side effects of Vitamin B3 for a 35-year old man with Ringworm. The patient has Bisters, Fissures, And Hardened Skin On My Fingers. Ringworm On My Upper Arms And Legs.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Lexapro, Lamictal, Prilosec, Simvastatin, Niaspan, Levoxyl, Actos, Januvia, Metformin Hydrochloride for a 64-year old man with Abdominal Pain Lower, Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Gerd, Hypercholesterolemia, High Trigylycerides, Hypothyroidism - Primary, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Diabetes. The patient has Low Platelet Count
- A study of side effects of Niaspan for a 54-year old woman with Lower Cholesterol. The patient has Rheumatoid Arthritis
Recent Niacin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Niacin, Metformin, Lidoderm for a 64-year old man who has Medical
- Comparions of Losartan Potassium, Pravastatin Sodium, Testosterone, Niacin, Metoprolol Succinate for a 77-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Niacin, Aggrenox for a 59-year old woman who has Stroke
- Comparions of Niacin, Invega Sustenna for a 40-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Vitamin B7, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B1 for a 79-year old man who has Acute Brain Syndrome, Acute Confusional State, Delirium
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.