Review: could Niacin cause Varicose vein?
Summary: Varicose vein is found among people who take Niacin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Synthroid, and have Hyperlipidaemia.
We study 5,766 people who have side effects while taking Niacin from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Varicose vein. Find out below who they are, when they have Varicose vein and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Niacin and have Varicose vein >>>
Niacin has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Niacin 6,312 users)
Varicose vein (veins that have become enlarged and tortuous) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, birth control, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Varicose vein 2,333 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: 5,766 people reported to have side effects when taking Niacin. Among them, 9 people (0.16%) have Varicose Vein.
Time on Niacin when people have Varicose vein * :
Gender of people who have Varicose vein when taking Niacin * :
|Varicose vein||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Varicose vein when taking Niacin * :
|Varicose vein||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Varicose vein when taking Niacin ** :
How people recovered from Varicose vein ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hyperlipidaemia (6 people, 66.67%)
- Hypothyroidism (4 people, 44.44%)
- Oedema (4 people, 44.44%)
- Senile osteoporosis (4 people, 44.44%)
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 44.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Synthroid (4 people, 44.44%)
- Furosemide (4 people, 44.44%)
- Actonel (4 people, 44.44%)
- Phenazopyridine hcl tab (4 people, 44.44%)
- Prolia (4 people, 44.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Varicose Vein while taking Niacin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Niacin and have Varicose Vein
- support group for people who take Niacin
- support group for people who have Varicose Vein
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Niacin, Varicose vein
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Niacin induced thrombocytopena
On peritoneal dialysis, 40mg Lipitor and 3000mg Niaspan. Platelets decreased to 12 and residual renal function fell off a cliff. Examination of patient's records for 10+ years showed long term platelet decline. Niaspan discontinued, platelets recovered to 120-200 (varies depending on sample) and some residual renal function returned.
More reviews for: Niacin, Varicose vein
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
- I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in Sept. 2012 after 6 yrs. of taking Tramadol 50mg. I had gotten it under control using Red Yeast Rice 200mg 3 times a day, Niacin, and Multi-vitamin with iodine. I was told to eat more fish and add iodized salt to my diet which I had done. Then after starting t ...
- Is this a Niacin side effect? I woke with a rash yesterday, just took one dose of Niacin yesterday at dinner, versus 3X per day. After dinner the rash became worse. I chewed 3 baby Aspirin, which helped diminish the hot feeling, but did not change or eliminate the rash. I took 2 Benadryl at bedtime. ...
- Was on Metformin (1000 mg per day), which was recently increased with a goal of 2000 mg per day (gradual increase). In the AM, I usually start with a cup of coffee, then breakfast, followed by more coffee (two cups per day). I take metformin immediately following meals. I fix up my coffee with or ...
- I took 3 capsules of BCAA (EQUIVALENT TO 750 L-LEUCINE, 375 L-ISOLEUCINE AND 375 L-VALINE)and developed a very aggressive migraine in the hour after I took them. Believing it may have been irrelevant, I took again 3 capsules the next day and again about 1 hour later I developed a very aggressive m ...
More related studies for: Niacin, Varicose vein
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.