Niacin and Varicose vein - from FDA reports
Varicose vein is found among people who take Niacin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Furosemide, and have Hyperlipidaemia. This review analyzes which people have Varicose vein with Niacin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,579 people who have side effects when taking Niacin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 27, 2017
6,579 people reported to have side effects when taking Niacin.
Among them, 12 people (0.18%) have Varicose vein
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Varicose vein when taking Niacin *:
- female: 58.33 %
- male: 41.67 %
Age of people who have Varicose vein when taking Niacin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 16.67 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 83.33 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hyperlipidaemia (6 people, 50.00%)
- Osteoporosis (5 people, 41.67%)
- Senile Osteoporosis (4 people, 33.33%)
- Oedema (4 people, 33.33%)
- Bladder Spasm (4 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Furosemide (7 people, 58.33%)
- Risperdal (5 people, 41.67%)
- Lipitor (5 people, 41.67%)
- Fosamax (5 people, 41.67%)
- Actonel (5 people, 41.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Oedema Peripheral (10 people, 83.33%)
- Muscle Spasms (10 people, 83.33%)
- Pain (9 people, 75.00%)
- Diarrhea (9 people, 75.00%)
- Nausea (8 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Varicose vein when taking Niacin?
- Check symptoms - is varicose vein caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsVaricose vein and drugs with ingredients of niacin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeVaricose vein and Niacin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Niacin has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Niacin 7,447 users)
Varicose vein (veins that have become enlarged and tortuous) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, birth control, osteopenia (latest reports from 4,277 Varicose vein patients).
Browse all side effects of Niacina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Varicose veinVaricose vein
Could your condition cause Varicose veinVaricose vein
What would happen?
Questions to the study
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
Hi, Has anyone else gone through this ? The Doctor told me to walk two miles after operation. I was so sick, nausea, and am still weak. Usually I am very strong after an operation, I would like to get some, Floradix ( iron) because I feel so weak, 6 days later. Don't know if that is a bad ...
User reviews to the study
I'm pretty sure I overdosed on Niacin (ate a half a bottle over 20,000mg) about a year ago. And now I seem to have my second massive case of Lymphedema of the feet and scrotum. Went to doctors and the hospital the first time. And they have no ideas. I'm wondering if there's any link between ...
I have recently finally been diagnosed with RSD/CRPS. For a while other doctors thought I might be developing it, however my injury to my spinal cord and shoulder was at work. Doctors didn't want to diagnose me because they are doctors picked and paid for by workers comp. Is there any clinic ...