Home > Niaspan > Bruising > Niaspan and Bruising
Review: could Niaspan cause Bruising (Bruise)?
We study 41,164 people who have side effects while taking Niaspan from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Bruising and more.
Niaspan (latest outcomes from 41,695 users) has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 16, 2014: 41,164 people reported to have side effects when taking Niaspan. Among them, 1 people (0.00%) has Bruising.
Time on Niaspan when people have Bruising * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Bruising when taking Niaspan * :
Age of people who have Bruising when taking Niaspan * :
Severity of Bruising when taking Niaspan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Bruising ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Low thyroid (1 people, 100.00%)
- Cholesterol (1 people, 100.00%)
- High blood cholesterol and triglycerides (1 people, 100.00%)
- Drug-eluting stents (1 people, 100.00%)
- Blood pressure - high (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (1 people, 100.00%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (1 people, 100.00%)
- Aspirin (1 people, 100.00%)
- Omacor (1 people, 100.00%)
- Crestor (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Do you have Bruising while taking Niaspan?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Niaspan
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 days ago):
I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in Sept. 2012 after 6 yrs. of taking Tramadol 50mg. I had gotten it under control using Red Yeast Rice 200mg 3 times a day, Niacin, and Multi-vitamin with iodine. I was told to eat more fish and add iodized salt to my diet which I had done. Then after starting the Pantoprazole my thyroid test came back showing my TSH and T3 were abnormal again. My doctor had me stop the Pantoprazole. Now I'm starting to think that it's the Tramadol and that the Pantoprazole only made things worse for me. I'm looking into Iodine supplements now to help my thyroid.
From this study (4 weeks ago):
Just started a few days ago with pain in eyes when first going into bright light. Last less than a minute.
From this study (1 month ago):
I have been taking niacin for over 6 months. About 1 month ago, knee pain started and has been getting progressively worse mostly while I sleep.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Niaspan, Bruising
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Niacin induced thrombocytopena
On peritoneal dialysis, 40mg Lipitor and 3000mg Niaspan. Platelets decreased to 12 and residual renal function fell off a cliff. Examination of patient's records for 10+ years showed long term platelet decline. Niaspan discontinued, platelets recovered to 120-200 (varies depending on sample) and ...
More reviews for: Niaspan, Bruising
On eHealthMe, Niaspan (niacin) is often used for high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions Niaspan is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Niaspan used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zolpidem Tartrate, Topamax, Lorazepam, Sertraline, Wellbutrin Xl for a 42-year old woman who has Insomnia, Seizure Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Depression (17 minutes ago)
- MSM, Ginseng, Panax, Ginger, Saw Palmetto for a 114-year old woman who has Ykyik, Jtuj, Etg, Rtg (23 minutes ago)
- Flomax for a 54-year old man who has BPH (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Chantix and Dementia Alzheimer\'s Type
- Abnormal Dreams
- Rebif and Ovarian Cancer Recurrent
- Atrial Flutter and Multiple Sclerosis
- Victoza and Atrial Fibrillation
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (6 hours ago)
- Disodium Tetraacetate
- Cholecystitis Chronic