Review: could Nicotine cause Hot flushes (Hot Flush)?
Summary: Hot flushes is found among people who take Nicotine, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Quit smoking.
We study 5,666 people who have side effects while taking Nicotine from FDA and social media. Among them, 22 have Hot flushes. Find out below who they are, when they have Hot flushes and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nicotine and have Hot flushes >>>
Nicotine has active ingredients of nicotine. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from 5,797 Nicotine users)
Hot flushes (sudden feelings of heat) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, breast cancer, depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 20,620 Hot flushes patients)
On Feb, 24, 2015: 5,666 people reported to have side effects when taking Nicotine. Among them, 22 people (0.39%) have Hot Flushes.
Time on Nicotine when people have Hot flushes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hot flushes||85.71%||14.29%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hot flushes when taking Nicotine * :
|Hot flushes||68.18%||31.82% |
Age of people who have Hot flushes when taking Nicotine * :
|Hot flushes||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||23.53%||29.41%||23.53%||23.53% |
Severity of Hot flushes when taking Nicotine ** :
How people recovered from Hot flushes ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (9 people, 40.91%)
- Nausea (4 people, 18.18%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 9.09%)
- Back pain (2 people, 9.09%)
- Fluid retention (2 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (6 people, 27.27%)
- Promethazine (5 people, 22.73%)
- Methotrexate (5 people, 22.73%)
- Aredia (5 people, 22.73%)
- Granisetron (5 people, 22.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hot Flushes while taking Nicotine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nicotine and have Hot Flushes
- support group for people who take Nicotine
- support group for people who have Hot Flushes
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lupron for a 17-year old girl with Gender Identity Disorder. The patient has Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness), Hot Flashes (sudden feelings of heat)
- A study of drug interactions between Alendronic Acid, Letrozole for a 66-year old woman with Osteopenia, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Dupuytren's Contracture, Hot Flushes
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Otrexup, Prednisone, Enbrel for a 58-year old man with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hypertension, Skin Cancer - Basal Cell, Hot Flashes, Rash Generalised
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a 50-year old man with General Health, Sleepy. The patient has Hot Flashes
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Ventolin Hfa, Nexium, Advair Diskus 250/50, Nicoderm Cq, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Furosemide, Butrans for a 52-year old man with Bone Lesion, Copd, Acid Reflux, Stop Smoking, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, High Blood Pressure, Leg Swelling, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Leg Swelling, Groin Pain, Osteoarthritis Aggravated, Depression, Hypertension, Morbid Obesity, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Copd
Recent Nicotine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nicotine, Marijuana, Herbal Ecstasy, Cocaine Plant, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride for a 19-year old girl who has Oily Skin
- Comparions of Nicoderm Cq, Bactrim for a 44-year old woman who has Infection - Ear
- Comparions of Nicotine, Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a 62-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Nicotine, Nadolol, Concerta, Imitrex, Topamax for a 20-year old man who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Nicotine, Abilify for a 37-year old man who has Schizophrenia Simple
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.