Review: could Nicotine cause Migraines (Migraine)?
Summary: Migraines is found among people who take Nicotine, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lisinopril, and have Quit smoking.
We study 5,666 people who have side effects while taking Nicotine from FDA and social media. Among them, 19 have Migraines. Find out below who they are, when they have Migraines and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nicotine and have Migraines >>>
Nicotine has active ingredients of nicotine. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from 5,797 Nicotine users)
Migraines (headache) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, birth control, depression, osteoporosis, pain. (latest reports from 47,237 Migraines patients)
On Apr, 14, 2015: 5,666 people reported to have side effects when taking Nicotine. Among them, 19 people (0.34%) have Migraines.
Time on Nicotine when people have Migraines * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Migraines when taking Nicotine * :
Age of people who have Migraines when taking Nicotine * :
Severity of Migraines when taking Nicotine ** :
How people recovered from Migraines ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (7 people, 36.84%)
- Depression (3 people, 15.79%)
- Anxiety (3 people, 15.79%)
- Mood swings (2 people, 10.53%)
- Bipolar disorder (2 people, 10.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (5 people, 26.32%)
- Effexor (4 people, 21.05%)
- Gabapentin (4 people, 21.05%)
- Topamax (4 people, 21.05%)
- Clonazepam (4 people, 21.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Migraines while taking Nicotine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Nicotine and have Migraines
- support group for people who take Nicotine
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Paxil for a 27-year old woman with Shock - Cardiogenic. The patient has Migraine
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3 Oil, Magnesium, Evening Primrose Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sumatriptan, Zorvolex, Folic Acid, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Psyllium, Hydroxocobalamin for a 61-year old man with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Immune System Disorder, Complicated Migraine, Pain, Don't Know, Hay Fever, Constipation. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Hay Fever, Constipation, Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Adderall 30 for a 27-year old woman with Panic Disorder, Narcolepsy. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Migraine, Pain - Neck, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Neurontin, Ibuprofen, Lipitor, Topamax, Niacin, Paxil CR, Alendronate Sodium, Clopidogrel for a 56-year old woman with Backaches And Stress, Seizures, Complicated Migraine, Total Cholesterol, Depression, Osteoporosis, Pad. The patient has Migraine, Brittle Bone Disease, Slurred Speech, Numbness
- A study of drug interactions between Ortho Tri-cyclen, Celexa, Zolpidem for a 34-year old woman with Birth Control, Depression, Insomnia. The patient has Migraine, Fatigue - Chronic, Binge Eating
Recent Nicotine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nicotine, Verapamil Hydrochloride for a 22-year old man who has Migraine
- Comparions of Nicotine, Marijuana, Herbal Ecstasy, Cocaine Plant, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride for a 19-year old girl who has Oily Skin
- Comparions of Nicoderm Cq, Bactrim for a 44-year old woman who has Infection - Ear
- Comparions of Nicotine, Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a 62-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Nicotine, Nadolol, Concerta, Imitrex, Topamax for a 20-year old man who has Migraine With Aura
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.