Review: could Nicotine cause Muscle fatigue (Weakness)?
Summary: Muscle fatigue is found among people who take Nicotine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xanax, and have Quit smoking.
We study 5,666 people who have side effects while taking Nicotine from FDA and social media. Among them, 192 have Muscle fatigue. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle fatigue and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nicotine and have Muscle fatigue >>>
Nicotine has active ingredients of nicotine. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from 5,797 Nicotine users)
Muscle fatigue (a condition in which muscles cannot exert their normal force) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain. (latest reports from 180,512 Muscle fatigue patients)
On Mar, 22, 2015: 5,666 people reported to have side effects when taking Nicotine. Among them, 189 people (3.34%) have Muscle Fatigue.
Time on Nicotine when people have Muscle fatigue * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle fatigue||87.88%||6.06%||0.00%||3.03%||0.00%||0.00%||3.03% |
Gender of people who have Muscle fatigue when taking Nicotine * :
|Muscle fatigue||51.02%||48.98% |
Age of people who have Muscle fatigue when taking Nicotine * :
|Muscle fatigue||0.64%||1.27%||1.27%||5.10%||10.19%||19.75%||21.02%||40.76% |
Severity of Muscle fatigue when taking Nicotine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle fatigue||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle fatigue ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle fatigue||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (46 people, 24.34%)
- Pain (18 people, 9.52%)
- Anxiety (10 people, 5.29%)
- Osteoporosis (8 people, 4.23%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 3.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (36 people, 19.05%)
- Aspirin (33 people, 17.46%)
- Ambien (31 people, 16.40%)
- Nexium (31 people, 16.40%)
- Prednisone (30 people, 15.87%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Fatigue while taking Nicotine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Nicotine and have Muscle Fatigue
- support group for people who take Nicotine
- support group for people who have Muscle Fatigue
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide for a 53-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Muscular Weakness, Thoughts - Cloudy, Appetite - Decreased
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Eplerenone, Lipitor, Ramipril for a 67-year old man with High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Fatigue, Stomach Discomfort, Muscle Weakness
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Ambien, Bactrim, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methylprednisolone, Glipizide, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Carafate for a 77-year old man with Bone Marrow Aspiration, Insomnia, Uti, Pain, Inflammation, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Weakness, Hiccups
- A study of drug interactions between Phentermine, Fluoxetine, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 36-year old woman with Overweight, Depression. The patient has Decreased Appetite, Muscle Fatigue, Dizziness Postural
Recent Nicotine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nicotine, Verapamil Hydrochloride for a 22-year old man who has Migraine
- Comparions of Nicotine, Marijuana, Herbal Ecstasy, Cocaine Plant, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride for a 19-year old girl who has Oily Skin
- Comparions of Nicoderm Cq, Bactrim for a 44-year old woman who has Infection - Ear
- Comparions of Nicotine, Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a 62-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Nicotine, Nadolol, Concerta, Imitrex, Topamax for a 20-year old man who has Migraine With Aura
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.