Review: could Nicotine cause Neuropathy peripheral?
Summary: Neuropathy peripheral is found among people who take Nicotine, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, also take medication Neurontin, and have Anxiety.
We study 5,661 people who have side effects while taking Nicotine from FDA and social media. Among them, 22 have Neuropathy peripheral. Find out below who they are, when they have Neuropathy peripheral and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nicotine and have Neuropathy peripheral >>>
Nicotine has active ingredients of nicotine. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from Nicotine 5,792 users)
Neuropathy peripheral (surface nerve damage) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain.(latest reports from Neuropathy peripheral 27,652 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 5,660 people reported to have side effects when taking Nicotine. Among them, 22 people (0.39%) have Neuropathy Peripheral.
Time on Nicotine when people have Neuropathy peripheral * :
Gender of people who have Neuropathy peripheral when taking Nicotine * :
|Neuropathy peripheral||47.62%||52.38% |
Age of people who have Neuropathy peripheral when taking Nicotine * :
|Neuropathy peripheral||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.26%||15.79%||68.42%||10.53% |
Severity of Neuropathy peripheral when taking Nicotine ** :
How people recovered from Neuropathy peripheral ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (8 people, 36.36%)
- Multiple myeloma (8 people, 36.36%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (7 people, 31.82%)
- Depression (5 people, 22.73%)
- Agitation (4 people, 18.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (14 people, 63.64%)
- Zometa (11 people, 50.00%)
- Protonix (11 people, 50.00%)
- Nexium (10 people, 45.45%)
- Chemotherapeutics nos (10 people, 45.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Neuropathy Peripheral while taking Nicotine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nicotine and have Neuropathy Peripheral
- support group for people who take Nicotine
- support group for people who have Neuropathy Peripheral
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm stil ...
- What does emphysemic change in the lungs mean (1 answer)
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Tramadol)
Doctor told me I have emphysema changes in my lungs.could this be causing my nausea every day all day?
- Can gabapentin cause bladder distension? there is no urinary symptom .
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral, Renal Failure - Chronic, Bladder Distension, and takes Pyridoxine, Methylcobalamin, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Gabapentin)
Existing illness are Chronic renal failure (after hydro uretero nephrosis due to BPH) and peripheral neuropathy (vit B6 deficiency ) after ATT are the major problems along with BP .At present , the problem is that creatinine gas risen from 1,1 to 1.5 in 6 months .Since 6 months , I am taking medicin ...
- Will aoolprinol increase my creatine level
(Asked by a 83 year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral, High Creatine Level, and takes Allopurinol, Lyrica)
Foot pain, stage 2 kidney disease and recent laminectomy. Weakness of legs and foot pain inhibit ability to exercise via walking and bicycling. Stage 2 kidney disease caused me to switch from allopurinol to Lyrica. Do not tolerate side effects very well of Lyrica dosage of 75 mg, twice a day. Lyric ...
- Is the a correlation with mycobacterium and myasthena gravis? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Myasthenia Gravis, Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Imuran, Pyridostigmine Bromide)
I was exposed to a leper colony for about five months while in Vietnam. Many of the lepers died with open wounds and I actually wore some of their beads and trinkets around my neck. I slept on their beds and drank from their water source. Out of the clear blue almost 40 years later with no indicat ...
More questions for: Nicotine, Neuropathy peripheral
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Idiopathic insomnolence (1 response)
(Posted by a 44 year old man who has Insomnolence, Narcolepsy, Iga Nephropathy, Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Modafinil)
In 1997 I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy with an intolerance to Dexamp(hetamine) tablets.
After 3 years of nose operations, and sleep tests to remove other potential issues (lung problems or apnoea) I have finally been re-diagnosed (2013) with idiopathic insomnolence.
Modaphinil caused a rea ...
- Avelox with prednisone and nabumetome = disaster
(Posted by a 61 year old woman who has Vasculitis, Rhabdomyolysis, Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Avelox, Prednisone, Nabumetone)
I was prescribed that combination of drugs in January 2013 when I went to my family doctor with a bad chest congestion and painful knees. After starting on the drugs, I got a severely painful neck and thumb and noticed some tingling in my left foot. I took the whole course of the avelox and predniso ...
More reviews for: Nicotine, Neuropathy peripheral
- A study of drug interactions between Nicotine, Paxil for a patient with Respiration, Depression. The patient has Incontinence
Comments: Incontinence is intermittent. I thought it was related to a UTI. But it has persisted for almost a year, on and off. It has been two months since intercourse. I assume I must rule out a UTI. I smoke an e cigarette which appears to have no effect, as I've used it the entire time since the incontinenc ...
- A study of side effects of Nicotine for a patient with Bedtime Habits. The patient has Night Sweats (sweating in night)
Comments: My friend recently wanted me to quit smoking, so he got me a ecigarette so it is less harmful. I now use it more than i usually smoke because i can use it in the house. Before i had to go outside to have a smoke, now i can read a book or watch tv with it right in front of me and avoid the hassle o ...
- A study of side effects of Nicotine for a patient with Stop Smoking. The patient has Numbness And Tingling (unusual prickling sensations)
Comments: I started slowing down on my smoking 3 months ago and finally Quit totally on April 18th. For 3 months I have had this lightheadedness and numbness and tingling in my Arms and legs , feel nervous and have chest pains. Is this due to the Nicotine Withdrawal?
- A study of drug interactions between Nicoderm Cq, Concerta, Nuvigil, Clonazepam, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fluoxetine for a patient with Smoking Cessation, Disthymia, Sever Fatigue, Sleepy, Dysthymia. The patient has Ptsd, Chronic Depression
Comments: Although I have a long history of depression (first noted 1964 - not treated until 1973), diagnosis has changed over the years from MDD to Bipolar II, Now Dysthymia with PTSD. I have tried many medications over the years: MAOI's, Tricyclic's, SSRI's, 24 ECT treatments, CBT, Psychoanalysis. Major sym ...
- A study of drug interactions between Nicotrol, Nicoderm Cq, Nicorette, Nicotine, Temazepam, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Vivelle-dot, Lipitor, Cymbalta, Depakote for a patient with Addiction, Sleep Aid, Hormone Replacement Therapy, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Weight Increased, Perforation Of The Intestines, Lack Of Orgasm, Back Pain - Nonspecific, Swallowing Difficulty, Ringing In The Ears, Forgetfulness, Fatigue - Chronic, Tremor, Urinary Incontinence, Sleep Problems Various Sources, Depression, Bipolar Ii Disorder
Comments: Sleep study showed snoring problem and advised me to go to ENT. Also to discuss ringing in the ear. Going to set appointment
Bladder mesh surgery for incontinence in May 2013.
Bikini cut FULL hysterectomy in Jan. 2014
Gastroenterologist appointment April 10th, 2014 perforation of the intest ...
More related studies for: Nicotine, Neuropathy peripheral
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.