Review: could Nicotine cause Nose bleeds (Nosebleed)?
Summary: Nose bleeds is found among people who take Nicotine, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Levaquin, and have Smoking cessation therapy.
We study 5,661 people who have side effects while taking Nicotine from FDA and social media. Among them, 32 have Nose bleeds. Find out below who they are, when they have Nose bleeds and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nicotine and have Nose bleeds >>>
Nicotine has active ingredients of nicotine. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from Nicotine 5,792 users)
Nose bleeds (bleeding from nose) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Nose bleeds 23,938 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 5,660 people reported to have side effects when taking Nicotine. Among them, 32 people (0.57%) have Nose Bleeds.
Time on Nicotine when people have Nose bleeds * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nose bleeds||80.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Nicotine * :
|Nose bleeds||58.82%||41.18% |
Age of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Nicotine * :
|Nose bleeds||0.00%||0.00%||10.34%||17.24%||13.79%||31.03%||13.79%||13.79% |
Severity of Nose bleeds when taking Nicotine ** :
How people recovered from Nose bleeds ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (12 people, 37.50%)
- Nausea (4 people, 12.50%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 12.50%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (3 people, 9.38%)
- Mental disorder (2 people, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levaquin (7 people, 21.88%)
- Coumadin (7 people, 21.88%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (7 people, 21.88%)
- Aredia (6 people, 18.75%)
- Hexadrol (6 people, 18.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nose Bleeds while taking Nicotine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nicotine and have Nose Bleeds
- support group for people who take Nicotine
- support group for people who have Nose Bleeds
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does claritin have an anticoagulant effect?
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has Nosebleeds, and takes Claritin)
I thought I had conquered my nosebleed problems with saline nasal mist and saline nasal gel, but now I've started on Claritin (actually Walitin, Walgreen's knockoff) for an unrelated reason and the nosebleeds have started again. Is this because of the Claritin or just a coincidence?
- Has any one been getting nosebleeds from taking this medication (1 answer)
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Nosebleeds, and takes Oxybutynin Chloride)
starting getting nosebleeds in about three weeks from starting this medication.Had a sever nosebleed today at work thy had to call EMTS just to get it stop.
- I had heart palpitations last night 3 really quick beats then went back to normal, anyone have same symptoms (1 answer)
(Asked by a 27 year old man who has Heart Palpitations, and takes Caffeine, Nicotine)
27 years old had my first heart palpitation last night freaked me out I am a heavy smoker (I know I should quit) I drink lots of caffeine Mnt Dew and Monster Energy Drinks was curious if anyone else had these same things when consuming 600+mg of caffeine in a day
More questions for: Nicotine, Nose bleeds
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Miconazole 3 - nose bleed
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has Nosebleed, and takes Miconazole 3)
It was a three day dosage by life brand. Every morning after taking it I would wake up with a bloody nose. Nothing severe but there was blood. When I didn't take it again, there was no bloody nose when I woke up.
More reviews for: Nicotine, Nose bleeds
- A study of side effects of Loratadine for a patient with Allergies. The patient has Loss Of Coordination, Disorientation (disability in which the senses of time, direction, and recognition of people and places), Headache - Migraine Without Aura (common migraine), Nose Bleeds (bleeding from nose), Excess Need For Sleep, Forgetfulness
Comments: Loratadine was prescribed for "sinus headaches" by pediatric doctor, medicine has had no significant impact on allergies or the headaches it was originally prescribed for. Listed symptoms first noticed after approx. 1 to 1.5 years of continuous use.
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Rosuvastatin Calcium for a patient with Asthma, Hypercholesterolaemia. The patient has Epistaxis
Comments: Recurrent episodes, usually commencing evening or overnight approx. 3-4 weeks apart since winter started. Approx 6 episodes in total to date. Initially attributed to heating (dry air) evenings during winter, but now spring and no heating on for weeks. Last night bleeding occurred while asleep. No hy ...
- A study of drug interactions between Nicotine, Paxil for a patient with Respiration, Depression. The patient has Incontinence
Comments: Incontinence is intermittent. I thought it was related to a UTI. But it has persisted for almost a year, on and off. It has been two months since intercourse. I assume I must rule out a UTI. I smoke an e cigarette which appears to have no effect, as I've used it the entire time since the incontinenc ...
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Poison Ivy. The patient has Bleeding From The Nose (bleeding from nose)
Comments: taking prednisone for only 4 days, 20mg/3 times daily, have had nose bleed the last 2 days. have now stopped taking prednisone. the poison ivy has cleared up. will the nose bleeds now stop? anything I should continue to watch for?
- A study of side effects of Lumigan for a patient with Lumigan. The patient has Nose Bleeds (bleeding from nose)
Comments: Diagnosed with acute Glaucoma, operated with laser and given Lumigan 1 drop in each eye nightly.
A few weeks later nose bleed from one nostril quite heavy. Occurs on a weekly basis. Dr prescribed anti biotics, and cream. Not working.
Any advice will be appreciated please.
More related studies for: Nicotine, Nose bleeds
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.