Review: could Nicotine cause Nose bleeds (Nosebleed)?
Summary: Nose bleeds is found among people who take Nicotine, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Levaquin, and have Quit smoking.
We study 5,666 people who have side effects while taking Nicotine from FDA and social media. Among them, 32 have Nose bleeds. Find out below who they are, when they have Nose bleeds and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nicotine and have Nose bleeds >>>
Nicotine has active ingredients of nicotine. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from 5,797 Nicotine users)
Nose bleeds (bleeding from nose) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 23,979 Nose bleeds patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 5,666 people reported to have side effects when taking Nicotine. Among them, 32 people (0.56%) have Nose Bleeds.
Time on Nicotine when people have Nose bleeds * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nose bleeds||80.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Nicotine * :
|Nose bleeds||58.82%||41.18% |
Age of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Nicotine * :
|Nose bleeds||0.00%||0.00%||10.34%||17.24%||13.79%||31.03%||13.79%||13.79% |
Severity of Nose bleeds when taking Nicotine ** :
How people recovered from Nose bleeds ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (12 people, 37.50%)
- Nausea (4 people, 12.50%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 12.50%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (3 people, 9.38%)
- Mental disorder (2 people, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levaquin (7 people, 21.88%)
- Coumadin (7 people, 21.88%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (7 people, 21.88%)
- Aredia (6 people, 18.75%)
- Hexadrol (6 people, 18.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nose Bleeds while taking Nicotine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Nicotine and have Nose Bleeds
- support group for people who take Nicotine
- support group for people who have Nose Bleeds
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Toviaz, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Aspirin, Carbidopa And Levodopa for a 67-year old woman with Bladder Discomfort, Thyrogen, Knee Pain, Parkinson's Disease. The patient has Nose Bleeds
- A study of drug interactions between Januvia, Metformin, Invokana for a 26-year old man with Diabetes. The patient has Nausea, Nose Bleeds
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a 48-year old woman with Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity. The patient has Headache (pain in head), Numbness And Tingling (unusual prickling sensations), Nose Bleed (bleeding from nose), Bruise (an injury appearing as an area of discoloured skin on the body)
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Ventolin Hfa, Nexium, Advair Diskus 250/50, Nicoderm Cq, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Furosemide, Butrans for a 52-year old man with Bone Lesion, Copd, Acid Reflux, Stop Smoking, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, High Blood Pressure, Leg Swelling, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Leg Swelling, Groin Pain, Osteoarthritis Aggravated, Depression, Hypertension, Morbid Obesity, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Copd
- A study of side effects of Alpha - Lipoic Acid for a 64-year old woman with Pain. The patient has Nosebleed (bleeding from nose)
Recent Nicotine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nicotine, Verapamil Hydrochloride for a 22-year old man who has Migraine
- Comparions of Nicotine, Marijuana, Herbal Ecstasy, Cocaine Plant, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride for a 19-year old girl who has Oily Skin
- Comparions of Nicoderm Cq, Bactrim for a 44-year old woman who has Infection - Ear
- Comparions of Nicotine, Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a 62-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Nicotine, Nadolol, Concerta, Imitrex, Topamax for a 20-year old man who has Migraine With Aura
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.