Nicotine and Oropharyngeal swelling - from FDA reports
Oropharyngeal swelling is found among people who take Nicotine, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Hydrochlorothiazide, and have Hiv infection. This review analyzes which people have Oropharyngeal swelling with Nicotine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,677 people who have side effects when taking Nicotine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 01, 2017
9,677 people reported to have side effects when taking Nicotine.
Among them, 15 people (0.16%) have Oropharyngeal swelling
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Nicotine when people have Oropharyngeal swelling *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Oropharyngeal swelling when taking Nicotine *:
- female: 86.67 %
- male: 13.33 %
Age of people who have Oropharyngeal swelling when taking Nicotine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 30.77 %
- 50-59: 69.23 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hiv Infection (7 people, 46.67%)
- High Blood Pressure (6 people, 40.00%)
- Breathing Difficulty (5 people, 33.33%)
- Pain (2 people, 13.33%)
- Bipolar Disorder (1 person, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Hydrochlorothiazide (10 people, 66.67%)
- Spiriva (7 people, 46.67%)
- Epzicom (7 people, 46.67%)
- Benazepril Hydrochloride (7 people, 46.67%)
- Aspirin (7 people, 46.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Renal Failure Acute (7 people, 46.67%)
- Drug Rash With Eosinophilia And Systemic Symptoms (7 people, 46.67%)
- Hepatic Failure (5 people, 33.33%)
- Fatigue (5 people, 33.33%)
- Dizziness (5 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Oropharyngeal swelling when taking Nicotine?
- Check symptoms - is oropharyngeal swelling caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsOropharyngeal swelling and drugs with ingredients of nicotine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeOropharyngeal swelling and Nicotine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Nicotine has active ingredients of nicotine. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from Nicotine 9,934 users)
Oropharyngeal swelling has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, asthma, osteoporosis (latest reports from 1,327 Oropharyngeal swelling patients).
Browse all side effects of Nicotinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Oropharyngeal swellingOropharyngeal swelling
Could your condition cause Oropharyngeal swellingOropharyngeal swelling
What would happen?
User reviews to the study
Started vaping several month ago seemed like a great thing to do aside from my one pack a day habit . Worked great got away from the tobacco and started vaping. One week went by feeling better,breathing easier, feeling very proud of my self then one day the back of my throat got super sore ...
I have been on suboxone for a year and I'm currently on the 21mg nicotine patch and I'm wondering about the interaction of the two together if anyone has any information on this it would be greatly appreciated ty!
Hi, I have AIHA since 20014 and I have been using niquitin mini since approx 2012. I am addicted to these just as I was addicted to cigarettes. I must admit I have been wondering myself if these had anything to do with me getting this disease. Has anyone given up taking nicotine with noticeable ...
Hello, I started vaping and stopped smoking cigarettes about 8 weeks ago. Shortly after I did this I started itching and have a rash. Does anyone know if maybe the nicotine level is too high, Does too much nicotine cause itching? Thanks