Review: could Nicotine cause Pain relief (Pain)?
Summary: Pain relief is found among people who take Nicotine, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 5,666 people who have side effects while taking Nicotine from FDA and social media. Among them, 231 have Pain relief. Find out below who they are, when they have Pain relief and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nicotine and have Pain relief >>>
Nicotine has active ingredients of nicotine. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from 5,797 Nicotine users)
Pain relief has been reported by people with pain, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, birth control, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 260,319 Pain relief patients)
On Mar, 13, 2015: 5,666 people reported to have side effects when taking Nicotine. Among them, 231 people (4.08%) have Pain Relief.
Time on Nicotine when people have Pain relief * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Pain relief||77.27%||13.64%||0.00%||4.55%||4.55%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Pain relief when taking Nicotine * :
|Pain relief||61.09%||38.91% |
Age of people who have Pain relief when taking Nicotine * :
|Pain relief||0.00%||0.00%||0.93%||8.80%||11.11%||34.26%||24.54%||20.37% |
Severity of Pain relief when taking Nicotine ** :
How people recovered from Pain relief ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (60 people, 25.97%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (46 people, 19.91%)
- Diabetes mellitus (25 people, 10.82%)
- Blood cholesterol (24 people, 10.39%)
- Hypertension (23 people, 9.96%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (71 people, 30.74%)
- Chantix (63 people, 27.27%)
- Zocor (57 people, 24.68%)
- Ambien (50 people, 21.65%)
- Neurontin (49 people, 21.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Ergotamime (7 months ago):
It does also acts as an anti-psychotic among other things. Don't ask me how I just know. But pain relief it hits pain centers of the brain in higher doses. It's helping with my pain right now I'm wearing a patch. See tylenol doesn't do shit and ibuprophen yeah blocks COX-2 but there is more to the picture. Also NMDA receptor antagonist found in OTC dextromethorphan makes the ineffective analgesics sold OTC work better. Also reduces need for morphine in cancer patients. I should talk more about this but you can do it. Side effects aren't great but could be worked out. Gotta go to rehab now.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pain Relief while taking Nicotine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Nicotine and have Pain Relief
- support group for people who take Nicotine
- support group for people who have Pain Relief
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Oxycodone for a 48-year old man with Pain. The patient has Pain
- A study of side effects of Nicoderm Cq for a 44-year old woman with Smoking Cessation. The patient has Smell - Impaired
- A study of drug interactions between Prevacid, Aredia, Herceptin for a 47-year old woman with Acid Reflux, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Levaquin, Floxin for a 58-year old man with Pneumonia. The patient has Gait Disturbance, Fatigue, Not Breathing, Cataract, Peripheral Neuropathy, Bedridden, Pain, Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 47-year old man with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Pain, Ear Congestion, Sinus Infection (inflammation of sinus), Fever
Recent Nicotine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nicotine, Verapamil Hydrochloride for a 22-year old man who has Migraine
- Comparions of Nicotine, Marijuana, Herbal Ecstasy, Cocaine Plant, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride for a 19-year old girl who has Oily Skin
- Comparions of Nicoderm Cq, Bactrim for a 44-year old woman who has Infection - Ear
- Comparions of Nicotine, Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a 62-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Nicotine, Nadolol, Concerta, Imitrex, Topamax for a 20-year old man who has Migraine With Aura
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.