Home > Nicotine > Paresthesias > Nicotine and Paresthesias
Review: could Nicotine cause Paresthesias (Numbness and tingling)?
Summary: Paresthesias is reported only by a few people who take Nicotine.
We study 5,660 people who have side effects while taking Nicotine from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Paresthesias. Find out below who they are, when they have Paresthesias and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nicotine and have Paresthesias >>>
Nicotine (latest outcomes from 5,792 users) has active ingredients of nicotine. It is often used in quit smoking.
Paresthesias (abnormal sensation) (latest reports from 4,441 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 27, 2014: 5,660 people reported to have side effects when taking Nicotine. Among them, 4 people (0.07%) have Paresthesias.
Time on Nicotine when people have Paresthesias * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Paresthesias when taking Nicotine * :
Age of people who have Paresthesias when taking Nicotine * :
Severity of Paresthesias when taking Nicotine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Paresthesias ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Stop smoking (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metformin hcl (2 people, 50.00%)
- Humalog (2 people, 50.00%)
- Zyban (2 people, 50.00%)
- Nicotine polacrilex (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Paresthesias while taking Nicotine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nicotine and have Paresthesias
- support group for people who take Nicotine
- support group for people who have Paresthesias
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who have Paresthesias
Can you tell me your name? I have numbness in one hand, arm and one foot and leg. Also, leg has started to become weaker. On humira for AS for nine months. Have not seen dr about this yet.
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What causes ideopathic polyneurothopy if not diabetic?
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Numbness And Tingling, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, and takes Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, CoQ-10, Adderall Xr 20, Bystolic, Azor)
Numbness in ball of foot. Started on one right side and progressed to both. EMG indicated Ideopathic Polyneurothopy. Pre diabetic with A1C of 5.8 - only one reading ever exceeded diabetic criteria at 6.6. Started 6 months ago with slow progression. No pain, minor tingling. Not constant but pro ...
- Has anyone had tingling in hands, arms, feet, legs from lisinopril that did not go away when they quit taking it? if you got rid of the tingles, how did you do it?
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who has Muscle Pain, Muscle Tightness, Tingling And Numbness, and takes Atenolol, Lisinopril )
After 9 months on Atenolol I started getting tingling in my left hand. Also had a pulmonary embolism. A doc switched me to Lisinopril and the tingling moved to my legs, feet, both hands and arms. My calf muscles are very tight and my legs ache. Plus dizziness and other things. After 3 years of ...
- Can sss cause cognitive decline and/or memory deficit?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Dizziness Postural, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Cognitive Deterioration, Paresthesias, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, and takes Lantus Solostar, Meloxicam, Hydrocet)
No palpable left radial pulse
100% occlusion of left proximal subclavian artery.
70% occlusion of left carotid
Clinical memory and cognitive decline
Intermittent postural dizziness
- Can stress fractures cause peripheral neuropathy
(Asked by a 25 year old man who has Pain - Knee, Tingling And Numbness, Trouble Standing)
I had a stress fracture on both of my medial tibia Plato. It's been almost four years and it feels worse. I can't stand, walk, or sit down for to long. I've had ex-rays, a bone scan and an MRI done. But all of just either my knees or legs. I think it might be Peripheral Neuropathy but I don't if the ...
- Hi how long will the tingling and numbness from topamax last?
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has Tingling And Numbness, and takes Topamax)
I was out of topamax for a few days and was waiting for my doc to refill my script. I found an old script in my cabinet about a year old. I usually take 3 so I only took two and now have tingling and numb feeling all over. How long will this take to subside?
More questions for: Nicotine, Paresthesias
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Tingling feet and hands
(Posted by a 28 year old woman who has Tingling And Numbness, Tingling And Numbness In Feet, and takes Flagyl)
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of this medication my feet and hands have became so tingly and itchy That its becoming unbearable.
- Reaction to methylpred
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Tingling And Numbness, and takes Baby Aspirin, Paroxetine Hydrochloride)
I have a severe case of poison ivy for which I was given Prednisone. Still suffering 1 week later went back to doctor (was at 2x/day at that point) and was then put on methylpred 4mg PAK. Today is my second day on this. First noted tingling on my insides in my trunk area this morning, later in arms ...
- Can crestor cause vertigo?
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Pressure In Back Of Head, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue, Balance Disorder, Slurred Speech, Vertigo, and takes Topamax, Amlodipine Besylate)
I started taking Crestor in May of 2011. I had my first big "episode" in June.
Severe vertigo, loss of balance, slurred speech, fatigue, loss for words, tingling, numbness, pressure in back of head...
Didn't have all at once, but went to hospital via ambulance twice. Was first given 1000 mg of kep ...
More reviews for: Nicotine, Paresthesias
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Montelukast Sodium for a patient with Eosinophilia, Asthma Aggravated. The patient has Muscle Aches, Muscle Fatigue, Numbness And Tingling
Comments: After a few weeks at 30mg/day of Prednisone I started to experience experience muscle fatigue and ache after only a short amount of walking. After a month later on 10mg of Prednisone I started to notice minor tingling and numbness in my feet, then ankles, and now further up my leg after about two we ...
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Estradiol, Clonazepam, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Nexium for a patient with Erythromelalgia, Menopausal Symptoms, Rls, Chronic Depression, Gastritis - Chronic. The patient has Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Burning Feet Syndrome
Comments: I have suffered from painfull, red, burning sensation feet. Saw 4 different podiatrist, a neurologist, a cardiovascular surgeon, a rehumatologist, and finally after 7 months a podiatrist give me a diagnosis: Erythromelalgia. He precribed Gabapentin 900 daily. It has help me a little, but not enough ...
- A study of drug interactions between Nicotine, Paxil for a patient with Respiration, Depression. The patient has Incontinence
Comments: Incontinence is intermittent. I thought it was related to a UTI. But it has persisted for almost a year, on and off. It has been two months since intercourse. I assume I must rule out a UTI. I smoke an e cigarette which appears to have no effect, as I've used it the entire time since the incontinenc ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Wellbutrin Xl, Lexapro for a patient with Pain, Eating Disorder - Bulimia, Depression. The patient has Elevated Mood, Sapho Syndrome, Electrolyte Imbalance, Stomach Pain, Indigestion, Burning Feeling When Swallowing, Throat Tightness, Chest Wall Pain, Insomnia, Vision Problems, Blood Insulin, Pain - Joints, Muscle Aches, White Blood Cell Count Decreased, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Proteinuria Present, Urine Albumin/creatinine Ratio Increased, Low Back Pain, Breath Odor, Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Muscle Oedema, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Edema
Comments: symptoms started slowly about a year ago and have progressively gotten worse everyday. doctor has stated this could be the problem and suggests I ween off Lexapro. my electrolytes are consistently off and constant anemia despite taking iron 3 times a day. my hormone for ADH is very elevated. suggest ...
- A study of side effects of Norco for a patient with Stomach Pain. The patient has Shooting Sharp Pains Hands, Numbness And Tingling (unusual prickling sensations)
Comments: I had gallbladder removed 14 mos ago due to having large gallstone lodged in exit way of the gallbladder. Since then I have continued to have abdominal pains. Endoscopy diagnosed with hiatal hernia and gerd. I have had reoccurring strep throat 4 times since gallbladder removal. Currently have strep ...
More related studies for: Nicotine, Paresthesias
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.