Nicotine and Paresthesias - from FDA reports
Paresthesias is found among people who take Nicotine, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Effexor Xr, and have Back pain. This review analyzes which people have Paresthesias with Nicotine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,677 people who have side effects when taking Nicotine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 19, 2017
9,677 people reported to have side effects when taking Nicotine.
Among them, 6 people (0.06%) have Paresthesias
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Nicotine when people have Paresthesias *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Paresthesias when taking Nicotine *:
- female: 33.33 %
- male: 66.67 %
Age of people who have Paresthesias when taking Nicotine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 50.0 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 16.67 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Schizophrenia (1 person, 16.67%)
- Psychotic Disorder (1 person, 16.67%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (1 person, 16.67%)
- Depression (1 person, 16.67%)
- Back Pain (1 person, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zyban (2 people, 33.33%)
- Humalog (2 people, 33.33%)
- Effexor Xr (2 people, 33.33%)
- Nicotine Polacrilex (1 person, 16.67%)
- Ativan (1 person, 16.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Malaise (2 people, 33.33%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (2 people, 33.33%)
- Fall (2 people, 33.33%)
- Depressed Level Of Consciousness (2 people, 33.33%)
- Chest Pain (2 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Paresthesias when taking Nicotine?
- Check symptoms - is paresthesias caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsParesthesias and drugs with ingredients of nicotine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeParesthesias and Nicotine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Nicotine has active ingredients of nicotine. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from Nicotine 9,934 users)
Paresthesias (abnormal sensation) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression (latest reports from 7,322 Paresthesias patients).
Browse all side effects of Nicotinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ParesthesiasParesthesias
Could your condition cause ParesthesiasParesthesias
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I take cymbalta. When I lie down, there is a burning sensation from my knees down to the ankles. One leg hurts more than the other. The discomfort makes it hard to sleep. Is there anything that helps?
Hi.need help..had two kids back to back..had some numbness at that time..doctors said probably due to kids..started xolair because asthe began getting uncontrollable and have bad rashes..it has helped asthma and rashes but my numbness and tingling are tingling awful..not counting since last shot ...
User reviews to the study
I have been off and on percs the last 9 months . No more than three 15's a day .... Developed tingling and numbness about 6 months ago ... Have been off of them 10 days now . How long does this numbness last
Hi people , I've been taking certizine hydrochloride for 7 years daily for itching as I work as a gardener 8 months of the year , however recently I had a bad reaction to doxycycline (antibiotics) and doctor told me to take 2 for a few days instead of just 1 so I started 1 in morning and one in ...