Home > Nicotine > Seizure disorder > Nicotine and Seizure disorder
Review: could Nicotine cause Seizure disorder (Epilepsy)?
Summary: Seizure disorder is found among people who take Nicotine, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lamictal, and have Smoking cessation therapy.
We study 5,660 people who have side effects while taking Nicotine from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Seizure disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Seizure disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nicotine and have Seizure disorder >>>
Nicotine (latest outcomes from 5,792 users) has active ingredients of nicotine. It is often used in quit smoking.
Seizure disorder (disease of seizure related) (latest reports from 36,528 patients) has been reported by people with epilepsy, depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, convulsion.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 5,657 people reported to have side effects when taking Nicotine. Among them, 22 people (0.39%) have Seizure Disorder.
Time on Nicotine when people have Seizure disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Seizure disorder||77.78%||11.11%||11.11%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Seizure disorder when taking Nicotine * :
|Seizure disorder||22.73%||77.27% |
Age of people who have Seizure disorder when taking Nicotine * :
|Seizure disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||27.27%||45.45%||0.00%||18.18% |
Severity of Seizure disorder when taking Nicotine ** :
How people recovered from Seizure disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (12 people, 54.55%)
- Vulvovaginal dryness (3 people, 13.64%)
- Menopausal symptoms (3 people, 13.64%)
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 9.09%)
- Convulsion (1 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lamictal (7 people, 31.82%)
- Prevacid (3 people, 13.64%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (3 people, 13.64%)
- Nicorette (3 people, 13.64%)
- Trazodone hcl (3 people, 13.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Seizure Disorder while taking Nicotine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nicotine and have Seizure Disorder
- support group for people who take Nicotine
- support group for people who have Seizure Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What is the sugar content of hydroxyzine syrup? how will it interact with the ketogenic diet for seizure disorder?
(Asked by a 18 year old boy who has Seizure Disorder)
Son is starting the ketogenic diet again after having been successful and seizure free for 13 years. Seizures are creeping back in so we are staring the diet again. Hydroxyzine is the only med that might have an interaction because it is a liquid syrup. I can't find anything that tells me the sug ...
- Can lamictal cause false positive pcp drug screen
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Lamictal Xr)
I had a rapid urine drug screen for new employment and it shows positive for PCP. I have never taken or even seen PCP. I am so embarrassed and mortified. Needless to say my urine has been sent to a lab to see if it can rule out false positive results. I called my neurologist and my Pharmacist an ...
- Does nexplanon have nickel in it?
(Asked by a 20 year old woman who has Nickel Allergy , Epilepsy, and takes Zantac, Lidocaine Hydrochloride, Gabapentin)
I have a severe nickel allergy and I have epilepsy. I am considering explain to reduce periodes since my seizures are worse that time of the month. I need to know if nexplanon has nickel because I need to avoid it if it does.
- Hcg diet is good for me
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes HCG)
I'M PRESENTLY ON DEPRESSION MEDICINE AND LAMYCTAL FOR SEIZURES.
CAN I GO ON THE HCG INJECTION DIET?
- Has anything helped with muscle weakness/pain caused by carbamazepine? or any remedies?
(Asked by a 19 year old girl who has Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Seizure Disorder, and takes Carbamazepine)
I have partial seizures that affects my right side. It's caused by having a brain tumor on the left side when I was younger that was removed. I'm taking 600mg of Carbamazepine a day.
I have muscle weakness and pain on my right arm and leg a lot. There are times when I can't even pick up a water ...
More questions for: Nicotine, Seizure disorder
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Levaquin side effects
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Epilepsy, COPD With Exacerbation, and takes Levaquin)
Prescribed for COPD flare-up, along with a 10 day course of prednisone. On day 5, I experienced extreme irritability. I was imagining what it would be like to shoot my husband. He had kicked me in his sleep and I was very seriously thinking of shooting that foot. I got up and secured the gun. Howeve ...
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Depakote er affected by grapefruit
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Depakote ER)
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
- Health issues and struggles
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Epilepsy, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Graves Disease, Brain Tumor, Head Trauma, Insomnia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Pain Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Tinnitus, Seasonal Allergy, and takes Keppra, Lamictal, Vitamin D, Fish Oil)
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
- Former mirena user/ epileptic / never again
(Posted by a 26 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Topamax)
I had my Mirena IUD inserted in March of 2006. I had my first seizure in 2008. I was then diagnosed with epilepsy. I had the IUD removed in 2008. I delivered my second child in 2008 I had preterm labor with my son my cervix started dilating at 25 weeks. I was on bed rest for the remainder 14 weeks. ...
More reviews for: Nicotine, Seizure disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Nicotine, Paxil for a patient with Respiration, Depression. The patient has Incontinence
Comments: Incontinence is intermittent. I thought it was related to a UTI. But it has persisted for almost a year, on and off. It has been two months since intercourse. I assume I must rule out a UTI. I smoke an e cigarette which appears to have no effect, as I've used it the entire time since the incontinenc ...
- A study of side effects of Nicotine for a patient with Bedtime Habits. The patient has Night Sweats (sweating in night)
Comments: My friend recently wanted me to quit smoking, so he got me a ecigarette so it is less harmful. I now use it more than i usually smoke because i can use it in the house. Before i had to go outside to have a smoke, now i can read a book or watch tv with it right in front of me and avoid the hassle o ...
- A study of side effects of Nicotine for a patient with Stop Smoking. The patient has Numbness And Tingling (unusual prickling sensations)
Comments: I started slowing down on my smoking 3 months ago and finally Quit totally on April 18th. For 3 months I have had this lightheadedness and numbness and tingling in my Arms and legs , feel nervous and have chest pains. Is this due to the Nicotine Withdrawal?
- A study of drug interactions between Nicoderm Cq, Concerta, Nuvigil, Clonazepam, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fluoxetine for a patient with Smoking Cessation, Disthymia, Sever Fatigue, Sleepy, Dysthymia. The patient has Ptsd, Chronic Depression
Comments: Although I have a long history of depression (first noted 1964 - not treated until 1973), diagnosis has changed over the years from MDD to Bipolar II, Now Dysthymia with PTSD. I have tried many medications over the years: MAOI's, Tricyclic's, SSRI's, 24 ECT treatments, CBT, Psychoanalysis. Major sym ...
- A study of drug interactions between Nicotrol, Nicoderm Cq, Nicorette, Nicotine, Temazepam, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Vivelle-dot, Lipitor, Cymbalta, Depakote for a patient with Addiction, Sleep Aid, Hormone Replacement Therapy, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Weight Increased, Perforation Of The Intestines, Lack Of Orgasm, Back Pain - Nonspecific, Swallowing Difficulty, Ringing In The Ears, Forgetfulness, Fatigue - Chronic, Tremor, Urinary Incontinence, Sleep Problems Various Sources, Depression, Bipolar Ii Disorder
Comments: Sleep study showed snoring problem and advised me to go to ENT. Also to discuss ringing in the ear. Going to set appointment
Bladder mesh surgery for incontinence in May 2013.
Bikini cut FULL hysterectomy in Jan. 2014
Gastroenterologist appointment April 10th, 2014 perforation of the intest ...
More related studies for: Nicotine, Seizure disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.