Review: could Nicotine cause Seizure disorder (Epilepsy)?
Summary: Seizure disorder is found among people who take Nicotine, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lamictal, and have Quit smoking.
We study 5,666 people who have side effects while taking Nicotine from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Seizure disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Seizure disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nicotine and have Seizure disorder >>>
Nicotine has active ingredients of nicotine. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from 5,797 Nicotine users)
Seizure disorder (disease of seizure related) has been reported by people with epilepsy, depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, convulsion. (latest reports from 36,621 Seizure disorder patients)
On Mar, 23, 2015: 5,666 people reported to have side effects when taking Nicotine. Among them, 22 people (0.39%) have Seizure Disorder.
Time on Nicotine when people have Seizure disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Seizure disorder||77.78%||11.11%||11.11%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Seizure disorder when taking Nicotine * :
|Seizure disorder||22.73%||77.27% |
Age of people who have Seizure disorder when taking Nicotine * :
|Seizure disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||27.27%||45.45%||0.00%||18.18% |
Severity of Seizure disorder when taking Nicotine ** :
How people recovered from Seizure disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (12 people, 54.55%)
- Vulvovaginal dryness (3 people, 13.64%)
- Menopausal symptoms (3 people, 13.64%)
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 9.09%)
- Convulsion (1 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lamictal (7 people, 31.82%)
- Prevacid (3 people, 13.64%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (3 people, 13.64%)
- Nicorette (3 people, 13.64%)
- Trazodone hcl (3 people, 13.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of nicotine and seizure disorder on
Do you have Seizure Disorder while taking Nicotine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Nicotine and have Seizure Disorder
- support group for people who take Nicotine
- support group for people who have Seizure Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Nicoderm Cq for a 44-year old woman with Smoking Cessation. The patient has Smell - Impaired
- A study of side effects of Albenza for a 28-year old man with Neurocysticercosis. The patient has Epilepsy
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Ventolin Hfa, Nexium, Advair Diskus 250/50, Nicoderm Cq, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Furosemide, Butrans for a 52-year old man with Bone Lesion, Copd, Acid Reflux, Stop Smoking, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, High Blood Pressure, Leg Swelling, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Leg Swelling, Groin Pain, Osteoarthritis Aggravated, Depression, Hypertension, Morbid Obesity, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Copd
- A study of drug interactions between Nicoderm Cq, Multivitamin, Lexapro, Synthroid for a 49-year old woman with Smoking Cessation, Health, Depression, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Heartburn
- A study of drug interactions between Spironolactone, Nicotine, Wellbutrin Sr, Zoloft for a 19-year old girl with Acne Cystic, Ocd, Bipolar 1, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Skin - Dry, Wrinkles - Aging Changes, Dark Circles Under Eyes
Recent Nicotine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nicotine, Verapamil Hydrochloride for a 22-year old man who has Migraine
- Comparions of Nicotine, Marijuana, Herbal Ecstasy, Cocaine Plant, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride for a 19-year old girl who has Oily Skin
- Comparions of Nicoderm Cq, Bactrim for a 44-year old woman who has Infection - Ear
- Comparions of Nicotine, Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a 62-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Nicotine, Nadolol, Concerta, Imitrex, Topamax for a 20-year old man who has Migraine With Aura
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.