Review: could Nicotine cause Skin rash (Rashes)?
Summary: Skin rash is found among people who take Nicotine, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Quit smoking.
We study 5,666 people who have side effects while taking Nicotine from FDA and social media. Among them, 195 have Skin rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin rash and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nicotine and have Skin rash >>>
Nicotine has active ingredients of nicotine. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from 5,797 Nicotine users)
Skin rash (redness) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 146,526 Skin rash patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 5,666 people reported to have side effects when taking Nicotine. Among them, 194 people (3.42%) have Skin Rash.
Time on Nicotine when people have Skin rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin rash||69.49%||27.12%||0.00%||1.69%||0.00%||1.69%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Skin rash when taking Nicotine * :
|Skin rash||54.89%||45.11% |
Age of people who have Skin rash when taking Nicotine * :
|Skin rash||0.00%||0.00%||0.56%||2.22%||20.00%||17.22%||32.22%||27.78% |
Severity of Skin rash when taking Nicotine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Skin rash||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Skin rash ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Skin rash||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (102 people, 52.58%)
- Pain (21 people, 10.82%)
- Hypertension (16 people, 8.25%)
- Anxiety (12 people, 6.19%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (10 people, 5.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (33 people, 17.01%)
- Lorazepam (24 people, 12.37%)
- Chantix (22 people, 11.34%)
- Wellbutrin (19 people, 9.79%)
- Clonazepam (18 people, 9.28%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of nicotine and skin rash on
Do you have Skin Rash while taking Nicotine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Nicotine and have Skin Rash
- support group for people who take Nicotine
- support group for people who have Skin Rash
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Suboxone, Nuvigil for a 25-year old woman with Noni, Narcolepsy. The patient has Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Rash
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Neck Pain, Back Pain, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Rash Generalised, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Short-term Memory Loss, Tendon Pain, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Neuropathy, Arterial Spasm
- A study of drug interactions between Levitra, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Lyrica, Lisinopril, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Levetiracetam for a 67-year old man with Erectile Dysfunction, Vitamin D Decreased, Preventive Surgery, Neuropathy, High Blood Pressure, Restlessness, Seizure Disorder. The patient has Skin Rash
- A study of side effects of Terbinafine Hydrochloride for a 59-year old woman with Toenail Fungus. The patient has Rash Generalised
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Progesterone, Fish Oil, Baby Aspirin, Lipitor, Diovan, Atenolol, Plavix for a 64-year old man with Prostate Cancer Recurrent, Heart Attack, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Rate Decreased, Blood Pressure Diastolic Abnormal, Heart Mri. The patient has Skin Rash
Recent Nicotine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nicotine, Verapamil Hydrochloride for a 22-year old man who has Migraine
- Comparions of Nicotine, Marijuana, Herbal Ecstasy, Cocaine Plant, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride for a 19-year old girl who has Oily Skin
- Comparions of Nicoderm Cq, Bactrim for a 44-year old woman who has Infection - Ear
- Comparions of Nicotine, Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a 62-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Nicotine, Nadolol, Concerta, Imitrex, Topamax for a 20-year old man who has Migraine With Aura
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.