Nifedipine and Alcohol interaction - from FDA reports
Alcohol interaction is found among people who take Nifedipine, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old also take medication Voltaren, and have Back pain. This review analyzes which people have Alcohol interaction with Nifedipine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 24,884 people who have side effects when taking Nifedipine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
24,884 people reported to have side effects when taking Nifedipine.
Among them, 6 people (0.02%) have Alcohol interaction
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Alcohol interaction when taking Nifedipine *:
- female: 16.67 %
- male: 83.33 %
Age of people who have Alcohol interaction when taking Nifedipine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 100 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stable Angina (4 people, 66.67%)
- Productive Cough (4 people, 66.67%)
- Pain In Extremity (4 people, 66.67%)
- Emphysema (4 people, 66.67%)
- Back Pain (4 people, 66.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Voltaren (4 people, 66.67%)
- Fosinopril Sodium (1 person, 16.67%)
- Effexor Xr (1 person, 16.67%)
- Didronel (1 person, 16.67%)
- Aspirin (1 person, 16.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- White Blood Cell Count Increased (5 people, 83.33%)
- Weight Decreased (4 people, 66.67%)
- Tinnitus (4 people, 66.67%)
- Sputum Discolored (4 people, 66.67%)
- Muscle Aches (4 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Alcohol interaction when taking Nifedipine?
- Check symptoms - is alcohol interaction caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAlcohol interaction and drugs with ingredients of nifedipine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAlcohol interaction and Nifedipine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Nifedipine has active ingredients of nifedipine. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Nifedipine 25,464 users)
Alcohol interaction has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, insomnia (latest reports from 1,446 Alcohol interaction patients).
Browse all side effects of Nifedipinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Alcohol interactionAlcohol interaction
Could your condition cause Alcohol interactionAlcohol interaction
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I was taken off Lisinopril/hctz. Put on Losartan/hctz which was not bringing my blood pressure down below 170-180. Then Edybarchlor and Procardia and that's when I noticed the palpitations or fluttering in my heart. Dr took me off all and was to put me on Tribenzor which never arrived but my ...
I have been on Nifedipine 30MG for several years and have been concerned about my low pulse. 1 year ago I brought this up to my DR who checked my pulse - said it was low - said if it got lower I should go to a cardiologist. I then changed PC Dr - she ordered Holtor monitor - results were ...
I was on Nifedipine for many years and had fluid retention in my ankles then got severe cellulitis in my left leg ending up in hospital leaking lymphatic fluid as my skin split, I was on I V antibiotics for a month every day then orally for a further 2 weeks,I was on crutches for 2 months. ...