Review: could Nifedipine cause Anxiety (Stress and anxiety)?
Summary: Anxiety is found among people who take Nifedipine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lisinopril, and have High blood pressure.
We study 17,327 people who have side effects while taking Nifedipine from FDA and social media. Among them, 404 have Anxiety. Find out below who they are, when they have Anxiety and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nifedipine and have Anxiety >>>
Nifedipine has active ingredients of nifedipine. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 17,625 Nifedipine users)
Anxiety has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 212,791 Anxiety patients)
On Apr, 4, 2015: 17,327 people reported to have side effects when taking Nifedipine. Among them, 452 people (2.61%) have Anxiety.
Time on Nifedipine when people have Anxiety * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anxiety when taking Nifedipine * :
Age of people who have Anxiety when taking Nifedipine * :
Severity of Anxiety when taking Nifedipine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anxiety ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (101 people, 22.35%)
- Pain (46 people, 10.18%)
- Depression (24 people, 5.31%)
- Angiogram (19 people, 4.20%)
- Metastases to bone (18 people, 3.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (151 people, 33.41%)
- Aspirin (108 people, 23.89%)
- Lasix (88 people, 19.47%)
- Prednisone (78 people, 17.26%)
- Furosemide (77 people, 17.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Lee (2 years ago):
In April 2012 and again on Oct. 24th, 2012, I had revisions on my hips - both are artificial. While in the hospital the drugs made my bp so low that they told me not to take my bp meds until it started to go up. I was taking 5/320mg or exforge (a combination drug). After my anxiety came back with a vengence, my doctor switched my pb med to procardia and later added diovan 80mg. After this lates hip surgery, again my bp was low and recently started taking the procardia - my tickle cough is coming back, the anxiety is starting again and heart flutters when I wake up in the morning with a start. Could this be due to the procardia. According to my drug book, which I don't look at when given a med because I don't want to be influenced about side effects before they (if they) begin. I had some side effects on exforge, but not like this. The anxiety and tickle cough and heart flutter really bother me - just started today after being back on the med for 5 days. Am I nuts?
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of nifedipine and anxiety on
Do you have Anxiety while taking Nifedipine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Nifedipine and have Anxiety
- support group for people who take Nifedipine
- support group for people who have Anxiety
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Flecainide Acetate for a 54-year old woman with Irregular Heartbeat. The patient has Anxiety Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Humira for a 39-year old woman with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Zanaflex for a 43-year old woman with Pain, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Anxiety, Heart Rate Increased, Spider Fingers
- A study of side effects of Micronor for a 23-year old woman with Birth Control. The patient has Anxiety
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 38-year old man with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Anxiety Aggravated
Recent Nifedipine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.