Review: could Nifedipine cause Fluid retention?
Summary: Fluid retention is found among people who take Nifedipine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have Hypertension.
We study 17,320 people who have side effects while taking Nifedipine from FDA and social media. Among them, 83 have Fluid retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Fluid retention and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nifedipine and have Fluid retention >>>
Nifedipine has active ingredients of nifedipine. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Nifedipine 17,618 users)
Fluid retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, primary pulmonary hypertension, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Fluid retention 17,802 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 17,317 people reported to have side effects when taking Nifedipine. Among them, 83 people (0.48%) have Fluid Retention.
Time on Nifedipine when people have Fluid retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Fluid retention||75.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Fluid retention when taking Nifedipine * :
|Fluid retention||52.08%||47.92% |
Age of people who have Fluid retention when taking Nifedipine * :
|Fluid retention||0.00%||0.00%||1.12%||1.12%||8.99%||24.72%||20.22%||43.82% |
Severity of Fluid retention when taking Nifedipine ** :
How people recovered from Fluid retention ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (24 people, 28.92%)
- Pancreatic carcinoma metastatic (6 people, 7.23%)
- Nausea (6 people, 7.23%)
- Pancreatic carcinoma recurrent (6 people, 7.23%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (5 people, 6.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (24 people, 28.92%)
- Enalapril maleate (23 people, 27.71%)
- Aspirin (21 people, 25.30%)
- Losartan potassium (14 people, 16.87%)
- Doxazosin mesylate (13 people, 15.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fluid Retention while taking Nifedipine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nifedipine and have Fluid Retention
- support group for people who take Nifedipine
- support group for people who have Fluid Retention
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Nifedipine, Fluid retention
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
More reviews for: Nifedipine, Fluid retention
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I thought i was having a bronchitis episode from my copd to i took amoxicillin and prednesone, a week later i wasnt getting better so went to my doc, turns out it was pneumonia, so he put me on levofloxacin a few days later i noticed major swelling in my legs and he fact they were turning super red, ...
- 1st pregnancy perfect. Second preeclamsia 36 weeks, third preeclampsia 26 weeks, recently lost baby because of preeclampsia 21 weeks. Each pregnancy bp gets higher doesnt resolve. Herbal doctors say marasmas?
- Anxiety and paranoia are controlled. Night sweats numbness in fingertips. Feels like I can't breath yet oxygen levels are fine and lungs are getting air. Sometimes feel like I will pass out. Forget simple things and cant remember a day sometimes. Drop things occasionally. Ana tests and autoimmune bl ...
- My diafram. Feels like its pushing on my lungs but they are clear to doctors check up.
Diagnosed with fatty liver disease during this time due to bloodwork and echo on heart then abdominal ultrasound
Does ra attack liver or is it causing infect ion on an organ white blood cell couny in all thr ...
- I just begsn tx for rs using safest meds possible but did not yolerste pills so we are doing injections once a week but since we started I developed abdom ook nal edema plus whole body especially feet which subsided ptior to msjor orgsn testing hestt kidney bloodwotk a nd liver ultra sound. Results ...
More related studies for: Nifedipine, Fluid retention
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.