Home > Nifedipine > Fluid retention > Nifedipine and Fluid retention
Review: could Nifedipine cause Fluid retention?
Summary: Fluid retention is found among people who take Nifedipine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have Hypertension.
We study 17,317 people who have side effects while taking Nifedipine from FDA and social media. Among them, 83 have Fluid retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Fluid retention and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nifedipine and have Fluid retention >>>
Nifedipine (latest outcomes from 17,613 users) has active ingredients of nifedipine. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Fluid retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) (latest reports from 17,802 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, primary pulmonary hypertension, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 17,317 people reported to have side effects when taking Nifedipine. Among them, 83 people (0.48%) have Fluid Retention.
Time on Nifedipine when people have Fluid retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Fluid retention||75.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Fluid retention when taking Nifedipine * :
|Fluid retention||52.08%||47.92% |
Age of people who have Fluid retention when taking Nifedipine * :
|Fluid retention||0.00%||0.00%||1.12%||1.12%||8.99%||24.72%||20.22%||43.82% |
Severity of Fluid retention when taking Nifedipine ** :
How people recovered from Fluid retention ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (24 people, 28.92%)
- Pancreatic carcinoma metastatic (6 people, 7.23%)
- Nausea (6 people, 7.23%)
- Pancreatic carcinoma recurrent (6 people, 7.23%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (5 people, 6.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (24 people, 28.92%)
- Enalapril maleate (23 people, 27.71%)
- Aspirin (21 people, 25.30%)
- Losartan potassium (14 people, 16.87%)
- Doxazosin mesylate (13 people, 15.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fluid Retention while taking Nifedipine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nifedipine and have Fluid Retention
- support group for people who take Nifedipine
- support group for people who have Fluid Retention
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I take adelat and mavik and wonder why i would be taking 2 high blood meds i am 70 and pretty healthy. had / very small strokes about 4 years ago
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Had High Blood Pressure And High Cholesterol But Neither Extremely High, and takes Lipitor, Adalat, Mavik)
I had 2 very small strokes no after effects, and higher blood pressure and cholesterol but now a in control and wonder about all these drugs I take over a long period of time.
- I stopped taking lyrica 3days ago after experiencing ankle swelling. ankles are still swollen. how long before swelling goes always
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Fluid Retention, and takes Ace)
Took Lyrica for 1 week. Noticed swelling in ankles so discontinued 3days ago. I take LASIK and an ACE for high blood pressure. Swelling is better but still there. How long before swelling goes away and is there anything I can do to help ie compression hose elevated feet?
- What dosage of metoprolol tartrate can i use to replace 50mg of motoprolol succinate er?
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, and takes Sertraline, Nifedipine, Hydrochlorothiazide, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Glipizide, Metformin, Potassium Citrate, Allopurinol, Fenofibrate, Simvastatin)
I am currently taking Metoprolol Succinate 50 ER once per day, and I want to switch to Metoprolol Tartrate strictly because it is considerably cheaper. I just need to know the Tartrate equivalency for my Succinate dosage. I believe that it is 25 MG twice per day but I am not sure.
- Does welchol cause hair loss in women?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has IBS, Diverticulosis, High Blood Pressure, Heart Condition, Arthritis, and takes Welchol, Xanax, Coumadin, Adalat)
did not have hair loss until taking Welchol
- Is there an interaction between chromium polynicotinate and synthroid
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Management, Osteoporosis, Hyperthyroidism, A-fib, Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Synthroid, Leflunomide, Sulindac, Methotrexate Sodium, Ibandronate Sodium, Glyburide And Metformin Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Levemir, Digoxin, Procardia Xl, Metoprolol Succinate)
One of the ingredients, chromium polynicotinate, is in Super CitriMax Plus and want to know if it will interact with Synthroid or any of the other medications I listed above?
More questions for: Nifedipine, Fluid retention
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pantopraz sod 40mg,retaining alot of fluids
(Posted by a 46 year old man who has Water Retention, and takes Pantoprazole)
I am retaining a lot of fluids from my hips and down to my feet and believe its from taking pantoprazole,and I mean everything,its scary,has anyone been down this road?
More reviews for: Nifedipine, Fluid retention
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Bronchitis. The patient has Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood)
Comments: I thought i was having a bronchitis episode from my copd to i took amoxicillin and prednesone, a week later i wasnt getting better so went to my doc, turns out it was pneumonia, so he put me on levofloxacin a few days later i noticed major swelling in my legs and he fact they were turning super red, ...
- A study of drug interactions between Nifedipine, Candesartan Cilexetil for a patient with Hypertension - Essential. The patient has Preeclampsia
Comments: 1st pregnancy perfect. Second preeclamsia 36 weeks, third preeclampsia 26 weeks, recently lost baby because of preeclampsia 21 weeks. Each pregnancy bp gets higher doesnt resolve. Herbal doctors say marasmas?
- A study of drug interactions between Adalat, Sertraline, Wellbutrin, Lyrica for a patient with Raynaud's Phenomenon, Anxiety, Chronic Pain, Unknown. The patient has Aging Changes In The Bones - Muscles - Joints
Comments: Anxiety and paranoia are controlled. Night sweats numbness in fingertips. Feels like I can't breath yet oxygen levels are fine and lungs are getting air. Sometimes feel like I will pass out. Forget simple things and cant remember a day sometimes. Drop things occasionally. Ana tests and autoimmune bl ...
- A study of drug interactions between H.p. Acthar Gel, Methotrexate for a patient with Ra. The patient has Infusion Site Discomfort, Shortness Of Breath, No Urge To Urinate Just Leaks Out, Urinary Incontinence, Asthmatic Crisis, Abdominal Distention, Fluid Retention
Comments: My diafram. Feels like its pushing on my lungs but they are clear to doctors check up.
Diagnosed with fatty liver disease during this time due to bloodwork and echo on heart then abdominal ultrasound
Does ra attack liver or is it causing infect ion on an organ white blood cell couny in all thr ...
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Proventil, Acthar, Methotrexate, Lisinopril, Clonazepam, Risperdal, Adderall for a patient with Bronchial Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension, Anxiety, Bipolar, Add. The patient has Throat Tightness, Liver Tenderness, Vaginal Swelling, Constipation, Abdominal Tenderness, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Urge Incontinence, Weakness, Night Sweats, Shortness Of Breath, Yellow Fever, Yellow Skin, Chest Tightness, Cough, Inflammation, Bronchitis, Fluid Retention
Comments: I just begsn tx for rs using safest meds possible but did not yolerste pills so we are doing injections once a week but since we started I developed abdom ook nal edema plus whole body especially feet which subsided ptior to msjor orgsn testing hestt kidney bloodwotk a nd liver ultra sound. Results ...
More related studies for: Nifedipine, Fluid retention
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Invokana and Diabetes - Type 1
- Eylea and Xarelto
- Anxiety and Vyvanse
- Rapid Heart Beat and Naproxen
- Has anyone else thought they were having a heart attack?
I am 26, and have been on Vyvanse for about 8 months. I am ... (42 minutes ago)
- Are xarelto and eylea compatible
I get eyelea injections in my eye for wet macular degenera ... (45 minutes ago)
- Can nuvigil (vs adderall) be used simultaneously to help wean off 60mg/day of adderall?
I have been on Adderall 30mg 2x daily for years!! I've had ... (2 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (12 hours ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (1 day ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Abilify for a 17-year old boy who has Skitzofrinia (2 minutes ago)
- Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen for a 33-year old woman who has Hip Pain (1 hour ago)
- Hydrochlorothiazide, Aspirin, Albuterol, Lipitor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Metformin for a 54-year old man who has High Blood Pressure, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Asthma Late Onset, Hypercholesterolaemia, Heart Attack, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Diabetes (2 hours ago)