Home > Nifedipine > Fluid retention > Nifedipine and Fluid retention
Review: could Nifedipine cause Fluid retention?
We study 17,305 people who have side effects while taking Nifedipine from FDA and social media. Among them, 83 have Fluid retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Fluid retention and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Nifedipine and have Fluid retention >>>
Nifedipine (latest outcomes from 17,599 users) has active ingredients of nifedipine. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Fluid retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) (latest reports from 91,057 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, primary pulmonary hypertension, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis.
On Sep, 12, 2014: 17,303 people reported to have side effects when taking Nifedipine. Among them, 83 people (0.48%) have Fluid Retention.
Time on Nifedipine when people have Fluid retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Fluid retention||75.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Fluid retention when taking Nifedipine * :
|Fluid retention||52.08%||47.92% |
Age of people who have Fluid retention when taking Nifedipine * :
|Fluid retention||0.00%||0.00%||1.12%||1.12%||8.99%||24.72%||20.22%||43.82% |
Severity of Fluid retention when taking Nifedipine ** :
How people recovered from Fluid retention ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (24 people, 28.92%)
- Pancreatic carcinoma metastatic (6 people, 7.23%)
- Nausea (6 people, 7.23%)
- Pancreatic carcinoma recurrent (6 people, 7.23%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (5 people, 6.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (24 people, 28.92%)
- Enalapril maleate (23 people, 27.71%)
- Aspirin (21 people, 25.30%)
- Losartan potassium (14 people, 16.87%)
- Doxazosin mesylate (13 people, 15.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fluid Retention while taking Nifedipine?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Nifedipine and have Fluid Retention
- group for people who take Nifedipine
- group for people who have Fluid Retention
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 days ago):
Taking nifedipine to reduce moderate systolic blood pressure.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Essential hypertension coronary angioplasty and obstructive sleep apnea vitamin D deficiency
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Essential hypertension coronary angioplasty and obstructive ssh sleep apnea
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Nifedipine, Fluid retention
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
More reviews for: Nifedipine, Fluid retention
On eHealthMe, Nifedipine (nifedipine) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Nifedipine is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Nifedipine used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Fluid Retention is also known as: Water Retention.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Sertraline, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril for a 68-year old man who has Depression, Pain, Blood Pressure Increased (60 seconds ago)
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (6 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a 36-year old man who has Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression (6 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (9 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (58 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (60 minutes ago)
- Breast Enlargement
- Nausea And Vomiting
- Glomerulonephritis Pulmonary Hemorrhage