Review: could Nifedipine cause Tremor?
Summary: Tremor is found among people who take Nifedipine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 17,327 people who have side effects while taking Nifedipine from FDA and social media. Among them, 204 have Tremor. Find out below who they are, when they have Tremor and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nifedipine and have Tremor >>>
Nifedipine has active ingredients of nifedipine. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 17,625 Nifedipine users)
Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body) has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 70,872 Tremor patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 17,327 people reported to have side effects when taking Nifedipine. Among them, 204 people (1.18%) have Tremor.
Time on Nifedipine when people have Tremor * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tremor when taking Nifedipine * :
Age of people who have Tremor when taking Nifedipine * :
Severity of Tremor when taking Nifedipine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tremor ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (33 people, 16.18%)
- Raynaud's phenomenon (11 people, 5.39%)
- Pain (9 people, 4.41%)
- Renal transplant (8 people, 3.92%)
- Depression (7 people, 3.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (40 people, 19.61%)
- Lisinopril (27 people, 13.24%)
- Omeprazole (26 people, 12.75%)
- Atenolol (23 people, 11.27%)
- Furosemide (20 people, 9.80%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of nifedipine and tremor on
Do you have Tremor while taking Nifedipine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Nifedipine and have Tremor
- support group for people who take Nifedipine
- support group for people who have Tremor
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Adalat, Diovan, Paxil for a 63-year old woman with Anxiety, Blood Pressurel, Blood Pressure, Depression.
- A study of drug interactions between Sertraline, Abilify for a 51-year old woman with Major Depressive Disorder. The patient has Temperature Intolerance, Tremor, Anxiety, Headache, Back Pain - Nonspecific, Cervical Dystonia
- A study of side effects of Xeljanz for a 62-year old man with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Tremor
- A study of side effects of Fluoxetine for a 45-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Fear, Focus, Tremor, Anxiety
- A study of side effects of Verapamil Hydrochloride for a 52-year old man with Cluster Headaches. The patient has Tremor
Recent Nifedipine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.