Home > Nifedipine > Tremor > Nifedipine and Tremor
Review: could Nifedipine cause Tremor?
Summary: Tremor is found among people who take Nifedipine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 17,317 people who have side effects while taking Nifedipine from FDA and social media. Among them, 204 have Tremor. Find out below who they are, when they have Tremor and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nifedipine and have Tremor >>>
Nifedipine (latest outcomes from 17,613 users) has active ingredients of nifedipine. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body) (latest reports from 416,181 patients) has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 17,305 people reported to have side effects when taking Nifedipine. Among them, 204 people (1.18%) have Tremor.
Time on Nifedipine when people have Tremor * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tremor when taking Nifedipine * :
Age of people who have Tremor when taking Nifedipine * :
Severity of Tremor when taking Nifedipine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tremor ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (33 people, 16.18%)
- Raynaud's phenomenon (11 people, 5.39%)
- Pain (9 people, 4.41%)
- Renal transplant (8 people, 3.92%)
- Depression (7 people, 3.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (40 people, 19.61%)
- Lisinopril (27 people, 13.24%)
- Omeprazole (26 people, 12.75%)
- Atenolol (23 people, 11.27%)
- Furosemide (20 people, 9.80%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tremor while taking Nifedipine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nifedipine and have Tremor
- support group for people who take Nifedipine
- support group for people who have Tremor
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I take adelat and mavik and wonder why i would be taking 2 high blood meds i am 70 and pretty healthy. had / very small strokes about 4 years ago
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Had High Blood Pressure And High Cholesterol But Neither Extremely High, and takes Lipitor, Adalat, Mavik)
I had 2 very small strokes no after effects, and higher blood pressure and cholesterol but now a in control and wonder about all these drugs I take over a long period of time.
- Any one with lithium tremors recover after reduction of dosage?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Tremors, and takes Lithium Carbonate)
More than 10 years on Lithium, tremors evident in hands. According to this study, then was no recovery from these types of tremors. Medication reduced by 1/3 to 600 mg. per day. Not sure if the "NO Recovery" was in a group where the dosage was lowered or not? Wanting to to know of long term recov ...
- Has anyone had serious side effects with apenzin
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Skin Burning Sensation, Tremor, Foggy Thinking, and takes Aplenzin)
Been on Aplenzin 5 yrs. Not sure its the drug, but hands are burning. Heads feels strange, and I have tremors. Tremors have been for 3 yrs. There saying it could be parkinson's. Could it be by chance the Aplenzin.
- Can i ever take an anti-depressant after i have serotonin syndrome
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Convulsions, Tremor, and takes Zoloft, Buspar, Estradiol)
Hi to everyone I suffer from bipolar and clinical depression and generlized anxiety and social anxiety Iwas given zoloft buspar and tranzodone while on the estadiol shot on holloween ended up in the ER where they did tests and said Ihad serotonin syndrome spent 5 days in the hospital where I was eme ...
- How can i cure flu???
(Asked by a 28 year old man who has Cough, Tremor, and takes Aspirin)
Body temperature is 37.8 degrees Celsium. I'm coughing!
More questions for: Nifedipine, Tremor
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Crazy feelings with interesting things
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Tremors, Cant Focus For A Period Of Time, Hearing Voices, and takes Valium)
I am not tired but i can not keep my eyes open.I guess my Brain is tired, not my body. I can not focus on anything for a long period of time and when I try my eyes force close. I begin to hear voices and talk to people who are not present. I am scared so I stopped the meds slowly. Have not taken it ...
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Hallucination, Visual, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Disturbance In Attention, Dissociative Amnesia, Hypomania, Sexual Dysfunction, Hallucinations, Nightmares, Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Tremor, Mydriasis, and takes Pristiq)
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
More reviews for: Nifedipine, Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Viibryd, Sucralfate, Pantoprazole, Nifedipine, Plavix, Synthroid for a patient with Depression, Gerd, High Blood Pressure, Arterial Thrombosis Limb, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Ptsd
Comments: I have been diagnosed with Buerger's Disease.
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Toprol-xl, Losartan, Nifedipine for a patient with Enzyme Supplementation, Weight Loss, Hypertension. The patient has Tinnitus
Comments: hypertension difficult to control; toprol augmented with losartan then nifedipine added 1 month ago. BP is down, but tinnitus comes and goes, mostly in left ear.
- A study of side effects of Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Depression. The patient has Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body)
Comments: Taking zoloft 50 mg and protonix 40
- A study of side effects of Armour Thyroid for a patient with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Throat - Sore (throat pain), Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body), Pain - Joints, Swelling Of The Face, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
Comments: Diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, hypersomnolence, hypothyroid, HLA-B27+
- A study of drug interactions between Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Vitamin D, Ferrous Fumarate, Valsartan And Hydrochlorothiazide, Pantoprazole, Carvedilol, Nifedipine for a patient with Low Blood Potassium, Vitamin B-12 Level, Anemia, Hypertension, Gerd. The patient has Dizziness, Palpitations, Blood Glucose, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Fatigue
Comments: I also have Mobitz type 2 heartblock, type 2 diabetes controlled by diet, asthma/interstitial lung,Rheumatoid arthritis, G6PD, latex, gluten, and soy allergy, lactose intolerance, avoid caffeine.
More related studies for: Nifedipine, Tremor
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.