Review: could Nitrofurantoin cause Vitamin b12 deficiency?
Summary: there is no Vitamin b12 deficiency reported by people who take Nitrofurantoin yet.
We study 246 people who have side effects while taking Nitrofurantoin from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Vitamin b12 deficiency and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nitrofurantoin and have Vitamin b12 deficiency >>>
Nitrofurantoin has active ingredients of nitrofurantoin, macrocrystalline. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Nitrofurantoin 545 users)
Vitamin b12 deficiency
Vitamin b12 deficiency has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression.(latest reports from Vitamin b12 deficiency 2,357 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: No report is found
Do you have Vitamin B12 Deficiency while taking Nitrofurantoin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nitrofurantoin
- support group for people who have Vitamin B12 Deficiency
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Any experience or studies of vyvance (lisdexamfetamine) causing vit b12 absorbsion issues and ultimately deficiency? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Vitamin B12 Deficiency, ADHD, Pernatious Anemia, and takes Sertraline, Vyvanse)
Taking Vyvance for about 12 months and just been diagnosed with Pernicious Anaemia and Vit B12 deficiency. Symptoms triggering B12/Intrisic factor tests was extreme fatigue and foul mood during a menstrual cycle.
Looking to see if anyone else has a similar issue or any knowledge of Vyvance causing ...
- Does reglan cause vitamin 12 deficiency
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Vitamin B12 Deficiency, and takes Reglan, Vitamin D)
Have been diagnosed with extreme vitamin B 12 deficiency. What could be the cause? Could medications like Reglan and vitamin d contribute???
- What do i do to get over constipation while taking nitrofurantoin? only 2 days left to take the medicine. i am very uncomfortable
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Constipation, and takes Nitrofurantoin)
I have been taking nitrofurantoin for a bladder infection for 3 days now. Today I find myself very constipated. I still have 2 more full days to take the medication. What can I do to ease the constipation?
- Does fosamax cuase weight gain?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar 2, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Vitiligo, and takes Prozac, Synthroid, Depakote, Claritin, Fosamax)
HAVE BROKE MY KNEE< WRIST AND HIP in the past 12 years
I tend to be quite active
Had 2 twisted bowel surgery, hence I am deficient in absorption of Vit B12 and get monthly shots
- Has this caused anxiety or paranoia with anyone else!
(Asked by a 28 year old woman who has Paranoia Symptoms, and takes Nitrofurantoin)
I am a yearly sufferer of U.T.I'S and severe bladder infections. Normally my doctor would prescribe me with trimethoprim. This time around the doctor mis-diagnosed me with a lower u.t.i when in fact i had an upper u.t.i, kidney and bladder infection.
Since results have came back i have now been p ...
More questions for: Nitrofurantoin, Vitamin b12 deficiency
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nexium and feeling cold (1 response)
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, High Blood Pressure, Overactive Bladder, and takes Nexium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Vesicare, Vitamin B12, Tramadol)
I took Nexium (1 40mg capsule) and approximately 45 minutes later, I felt extremely cold. I could not get warm, even though I put on a polartec jacket and sat near a heater.
I also was extremely nauseated at the same time.
About 30 minutes after the incident began, it ended. I no longer was ...
- Dilantin and interactions
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Arrhythmia, Epilepsy, Hypothyroid, and takes Vitamin D, Magnesium, Coreg, Dilantin, Synthroid)
I've taken Dilantin for over 40 years..seizure free for over 30 years..became hypothyroid 10 years ago..B12 deficient approximately 3 years ago and have had a benign arrhythmia for over 30 years. I take magnesium because it seems to hep the arrhythmia and vitamin d because mine is low normal.
More reviews for: Nitrofurantoin, Vitamin b12 deficiency
- A study of side effects of Macrodantin for a patient with UTI. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: Due to lack of appetite, and not following the directions, I didn't eat once starting Macrodantin. Due to nausea, I will change that.
Beginning blood sugar 88
After two doses 151
After two additional doses 170
- A study of side effects of Nitrofurantoin for a patient with UTI. The patient has Acute Pancreatitis (sudden inflammation of the pancreas)
Comments: 7 day course of nitrofurantoin 4 times day after day 2 had mid back pain by day 5 had severe mid/upper back pain which crept around to front left just beneath ribs hospitalized for 4 days, out for 5 days then back in with unmanageable pain for 9hrs sent away with stronger pain relief, only after one ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Nitrofurantoin, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Onfi, Tegretol, Levetiracetam for a patient with Acid In Stomach, Urinary Tract Infection, Depression, Epilepsy. The patient has Liver Cirrhosis
Comments: Since I have taken Levetiracetam the liver blood test show abnormalities and now the Scan and Biopisy have all confirmed it.
The levetiracetam - has stopped my Epilepsy but now I have Cirrhosis - is this a common side effect.. In New Zealand my Neurologist has said it is not a recognised proble ...
- A study of drug interactions between Reclast, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Klor-con M20, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Nitrofurantoin, Lyrica, Zocor, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Parkinson's Disease, Potassium - Low, Irregular Heartbeat, Urinary Tract Infection, Musculoskeletal Pain, High Blood Cholesterol, Muscle Pain. The patient has Reclast
Comments: This is my 3rd year for the Reclast IV. The first year I had no side effects. The second, I had flu-like symptoms for a few days. This year, I began to experience severe musculoskeletal pain the day after I received the infusion. I have migratory pain that affects my ability to walk and perform d ...
- A study of drug interactions between Nitrofurantoin Macrocrystalline, Metformin Hydrochloride, Amlodipine Besylate, Extra Strength Tylenol - 500mg for a patient with Urinary Tract Infection, Diabetes Mellitus, High Blood Pressure, Frequent Headaches. The patient has Nitrofurantoin Macrocrystalline
Comments: Initially received Nitrofurantoin to treat UTI and then drug was used 10 consecutive months to try to prevent UTIt, consequently, developed yeast infection on the esophagus, bleeding in the GI, and 3 blood transfusions because of low hemoglobin.
More related studies for: Nitrofurantoin, Vitamin b12 deficiency
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.