Review: could Nitrofurantoin cause Vitamin b12 deficiency?
Summary: there is no Vitamin b12 deficiency reported by people who take Nitrofurantoin yet.
We study 249 people who have side effects while taking Nitrofurantoin from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Vitamin b12 deficiency and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nitrofurantoin and have Vitamin b12 deficiency >>>
Nitrofurantoin has active ingredients of nitrofurantoin, macrocrystalline. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from 549 Nitrofurantoin users)
Vitamin b12 deficiency
Vitamin b12 deficiency has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 2,484 Vitamin b12 deficiency patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: No report is found
Do you have Vitamin B12 Deficiency while taking Nitrofurantoin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Nitrofurantoin
- support group for people who have Vitamin B12 Deficiency
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ditropan, Macrodantin for a 62-year old woman with Paraplegia, Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Diarrhoea, Abdominal Cramps
- A study of side effects of Nitrofurantoin for a 65-year old woman with Cystitis. The patient has Allodynia (other pain)
- A study of drug interactions between Nitrofurantoin, Montelukast Sodium, Ondansetron, Mirtazapine, Lantus, NovoRapid for a 24-year old woman with Kidney Infection, Asthma, Gastroparesis Diabeticorum, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has Hallucinations
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Metformin, Vivitrol, Montelukast Sodium, Nitrofurantoin Macrocrystalline, Amlodipine Besylate, Eszopiclone, Hydrochlorothiazide, Baclofen, Savella, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Hydroxyzine, Myrbetriq, Elmiron, Dexilant, Ranitidine, Namenda, Synthroid for a 59-year old man with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Diabetes, Rsd, Allergy, Acute Bladder Infection, Spasm Of The Esophagus, Edema, Spasmodic Bladder, Thyroid Disorder, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Pelvic Pain Syndrome, Gurcha. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Lipitor for a 71-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Vitamin B12 Deficiency
Recent Nitrofurantoin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.