Review: could Nitroglycerin cause Ischaemic stroke?
Summary: Ischaemic stroke is found among people who take Nitroglycerin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have High blood pressure.
We study 24,030 people who have side effects while taking Nitroglycerin from FDA and social media. Among them, 45 have Ischaemic stroke. Find out below who they are, when they have Ischaemic stroke and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nitroglycerin and have Ischaemic stroke >>>
Nitroglycerin has active ingredients of nitroglycerin. It is often used in chest pain. (latest outcomes from 24,162 Nitroglycerin users)
Ischaemic stroke (stroke; caused by an interruption in the flow of blood to the brain) has been reported by people with arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 6,186 Ischaemic stroke patients)
On Apr, 11, 2015: 24,030 people reported to have side effects when taking Nitroglycerin. Among them, 45 people (0.19%) have Ischaemic Stroke.
Time on Nitroglycerin when people have Ischaemic stroke * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ischaemic stroke||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Ischaemic stroke when taking Nitroglycerin * :
|Ischaemic stroke||14.04%||85.96% |
Age of people who have Ischaemic stroke when taking Nitroglycerin * :
|Ischaemic stroke||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.08%||18.37%||77.55% |
Severity of Ischaemic stroke when taking Nitroglycerin ** :
How people recovered from Ischaemic stroke ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (5 people, 11.11%)
- Acute coronary syndrome (3 people, 6.67%)
- Chest pain (2 people, 4.44%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (2 people, 4.44%)
- Cerebral haemorrhage (2 people, 4.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (15 people, 33.33%)
- Aspirin (15 people, 33.33%)
- Lopressor (14 people, 31.11%)
- Ativan (14 people, 31.11%)
- Furosemide (14 people, 31.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ischaemic Stroke while taking Nitroglycerin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Nitroglycerin and have Ischaemic Stroke
- support group for people who take Nitroglycerin
- support group for people who have Ischaemic Stroke
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Nitroglycerin for a 53-year old woman with Enlarged Heart. The patient has Device Damage
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Nitroglycerin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Atenolol, Sertraline, Lorazepam, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Zetia, Crestor, Metformin, Zonisamide, Vimpat, Gabapentin for a 50-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Chest Pain, Angina, Heart Rate Decreased, Depression, Stress And Anxiety, Fluid Retention, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Diabetes, Neuropathy. The patient has Blurred Vision, Urination - Bed Wetting, Pain - Back, Bloating, Headache, Foot Pain, Pain - Leg
- A study of drug interactions between Benicar, Nitroglycerin, Ranexa for a 48-year old man with Variant Angina, Angina. The patient has Beating Heart Surgery, Csf Pressure, Chest Discomfort
- A study of side effects of Nitroglycerin for a 48-year old man with Heart Disease. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
Recent Nitroglycerin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nitroglycerin, Aspirin, Flagyl, Atenolol, Simvastatin for a 36-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Promethazine, Nitrostat for a 27-year old man who has Chest Pain
- Comparions of Benadryl, Crestor, Amlodipine, Ramipril, Nitroglycerin for a 66-year old woman who has Vasospasm
- Comparions of Nitroglycerin, Lyrica for a 75-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of Irbesartan, Nitroglycerin for a 73-year old man who has Coma
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.