Home > Nitroglycerin > Ischaemic stroke > Nitroglycerin and Ischaemic stroke
Review: could Nitroglycerin cause Ischaemic stroke?
We study 24,025 people who have side effects while taking Nitroglycerin from FDA and social media. Among them, 45 have Ischaemic stroke. Find out below who they are, when they have Ischaemic stroke and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nitroglycerin and have Ischaemic stroke >>>
Nitroglycerin (latest outcomes from 24,157 users) has active ingredients of nitroglycerin. It is often used in chest pain.
Ischaemic stroke (stroke; caused by an interruption in the flow of blood to the brain) (latest reports from 27,496 patients) has been reported by people with arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 24,025 people reported to have side effects when taking Nitroglycerin. Among them, 45 people (0.19%) have Ischaemic Stroke.
Time on Nitroglycerin when people have Ischaemic stroke * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ischaemic stroke||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Ischaemic stroke when taking Nitroglycerin * :
|Ischaemic stroke||14.04%||85.96% |
Age of people who have Ischaemic stroke when taking Nitroglycerin * :
|Ischaemic stroke||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.08%||18.37%||77.55% |
Severity of Ischaemic stroke when taking Nitroglycerin ** :
How people recovered from Ischaemic stroke ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (5 people, 11.11%)
- Acute coronary syndrome (3 people, 6.67%)
- Chest pain (2 people, 4.44%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (2 people, 4.44%)
- Cerebral haemorrhage (2 people, 4.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (15 people, 33.33%)
- Aspirin (15 people, 33.33%)
- Lopressor (14 people, 31.11%)
- Ativan (14 people, 31.11%)
- Furosemide (14 people, 31.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ischaemic Stroke while taking Nitroglycerin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nitroglycerin and have Ischaemic Stroke
- support group for people who take Nitroglycerin
- support group for people who have Ischaemic Stroke
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- I have primary hyperparathyroidism with an adenoma and an igm of 16. can you tell me if the study was ever done on this combination.
Was given t-131 at age 16 and have virtually no thyroid gland.
I also have systemic and coronary vasospasms that have caused heart damage, an unspecified autoimmune disease with elevated ANA, osteoporosis, normal calcium levels, parathyroid hormone of 117, an identified adenoma of the parathyroid, ...
- When did you recover from palpitations
I started using nitroglycerin ointment for anal fissures from about a week ago, initially started to get minor headaches. later on noticed fatigue, heart palpitations and shortness of breath. discontinued the medicine since 3 days, went to urgent care to check out if everything was fine, the doctor ...
- Having real bad chest pain after taking enbrel, should i be concerned
I have been taking Enbrel for 4 weeks now, (sureclick 50 twice weekly), and have noticed that the chest pains have become very severe the last two times about 8 hours after the injection. Last nights chest pains were so severe that I took Nitro and kept my phone by me to call 911. My question is sim ...
More questions for: Nitroglycerin, Ischaemic stroke
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Achilles tendon rupture healed with nitroglycerin patches
After taking Bactrim for a tooth implant for over two weeks a MRI by my doctor showed 60% of my Achilles tendon had been torn from my heel. Shooting pain at times while at rest and restricted movement of my foot. Doctor recommended surgery with a 6 month recovery period. Fortunately my friend in Eng ...
More reviews for: Nitroglycerin, Ischaemic stroke
On eHealthMe, Nitroglycerin (nitroglycerin) is often used for chest pain. Find out below the conditions Nitroglycerin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Nitroglycerin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Nitroglycerin, Ischaemic stroke
Recent Nitroglycerin related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Nitroglycerin, Ischaemic stroke
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (10 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (52 minutes ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
- Mirena and Coagulopathy
- Slapped Cheek
- Abdominal Pain and Premarin
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (4 hours ago)
- Dreams Bad
- Allegra Sanofi Aventis Us 60mg
- Biliary Cirrhosis Secondary