Review: could Nitroglycerin cause Narcotic abuse (Drug abuse)?
Summary: Narcotic abuse is found among people who take Nitroglycerin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 24,030 people who have side effects while taking Nitroglycerin from FDA and social media. Among them, 34 have Narcotic abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Narcotic abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nitroglycerin and have Narcotic abuse >>>
Nitroglycerin has active ingredients of nitroglycerin. It is often used in chest pain. (latest outcomes from 24,162 Nitroglycerin users)
Narcotic abuse (addiction of narcotic (pain killer )) has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 10,560 Narcotic abuse patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 24,029 people reported to have side effects when taking Nitroglycerin. Among them, 34 people (0.14%) have Narcotic Abuse.
Time on Nitroglycerin when people have Narcotic abuse * :
Gender of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Nitroglycerin * :
|Narcotic abuse||23.53%||76.47% |
Age of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Nitroglycerin * :
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.03%||3.03%||15.15%||12.12%||66.67% |
Severity of Narcotic abuse when taking Nitroglycerin ** :
How people recovered from Narcotic abuse ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (20 people, 58.82%)
- Multiple myeloma (17 people, 50.00%)
- Osteoarthritis (2 people, 5.88%)
- Depression (2 people, 5.88%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (2 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (25 people, 73.53%)
- Ibuprofen (21 people, 61.76%)
- Neurontin (21 people, 61.76%)
- Ambien (21 people, 61.76%)
- Nexium (21 people, 61.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Narcotic Abuse while taking Nitroglycerin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Nitroglycerin and have Narcotic Abuse
- support group for people who take Nitroglycerin
- support group for people who have Narcotic Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Nitroglycerin for a 53-year old woman with Enlarged Heart. The patient has Device Damage
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Cocaine Plant for a 26-year old man with Cocaine Abuse. The patient has Cocaine Abuse
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Nitroglycerin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Atenolol, Sertraline, Lorazepam, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Zetia, Crestor, Metformin, Zonisamide, Vimpat, Gabapentin for a 50-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Chest Pain, Angina, Heart Rate Decreased, Depression, Stress And Anxiety, Fluid Retention, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Diabetes, Neuropathy. The patient has Blurred Vision, Urination - Bed Wetting, Pain - Back, Bloating, Headache, Foot Pain, Pain - Leg
- A study of drug interactions between Benicar, Nitroglycerin, Ranexa for a 48-year old man with Variant Angina, Angina. The patient has Beating Heart Surgery, Csf Pressure, Chest Discomfort
Recent Nitroglycerin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nitroglycerin, Aspirin, Flagyl, Atenolol, Simvastatin for a 36-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Promethazine, Nitrostat for a 27-year old man who has Chest Pain
- Comparions of Benadryl, Crestor, Amlodipine, Ramipril, Nitroglycerin for a 66-year old woman who has Vasospasm
- Comparions of Nitroglycerin, Lyrica for a 75-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of Irbesartan, Nitroglycerin for a 73-year old man who has Coma
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.