Home > Nitroglycerin > Stroke > Nitroglycerin and Stroke
Review: could Nitroglycerin cause Stroke?
We study 24,025 people who have side effects while taking Nitroglycerin from FDA and social media. Among them, 879 have Stroke. Find out below who they are, when they have Stroke and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Nitroglycerin and have Stroke >>>
Nitroglycerin (latest outcomes from 24,157 users) has active ingredients of nitroglycerin. It is often used in chest pain.
Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen) (latest reports from 441,421 patients) has been reported by people with diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 24,025 people reported to have side effects when taking Nitroglycerin. Among them, 779 people (3.24%) have Stroke.
Time on Nitroglycerin when people have Stroke * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Stroke when taking Nitroglycerin * :
Age of people who have Stroke when taking Nitroglycerin * :
Severity of Stroke when taking Nitroglycerin ** :
How people recovered from Stroke ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (99 people, 12.71%)
- Pain (96 people, 12.32%)
- Multiple myeloma (64 people, 8.22%)
- Anxiety (58 people, 7.45%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (40 people, 5.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (318 people, 40.82%)
- Plavix (283 people, 36.33%)
- Lasix (274 people, 35.17%)
- Trasylol (260 people, 33.38%)
- Heparin (243 people, 31.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stroke while taking Nitroglycerin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nitroglycerin and have Stroke
- support group for people who take Nitroglycerin
- support group for people who have Stroke
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- I have primary hyperparathyroidism with an adenoma and an igm of 16. can you tell me if the study was ever done on this combination.
Was given t-131 at age 16 and have virtually no thyroid gland.
I also have systemic and coronary vasospasms that have caused heart damage, an unspecified autoimmune disease with elevated ANA, osteoporosis, normal calcium levels, parathyroid hormone of 117, an identified adenoma of the parathyroid, ...
- I had a tia stroke. i was given norvasc, plavix, & benicar with aspirin. i'm having chest pains while on these meds. is this normal?
I've been on the three drugs above only a few days. I'm feeling weak, @ wrung out. I'm also experiencing chest pain that goes all the way to the back. I feel better if I sit in a chair with a backing on it.
- When did you recover from palpitations
I started using nitroglycerin ointment for anal fissures from about a week ago, initially started to get minor headaches. later on noticed fatigue, heart palpitations and shortness of breath. discontinued the medicine since 3 days, went to urgent care to check out if everything was fine, the doctor ...
More questions for: Nitroglycerin, Stroke
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Achilles tendon rupture healed with nitroglycerin patches
After taking Bactrim for a tooth implant for over two weeks a MRI by my doctor showed 60% of my Achilles tendon had been torn from my heel. Shooting pain at times while at rest and restricted movement of my foot. Doctor recommended surgery with a 6 month recovery period. Fortunately my friend in Eng ...
More reviews for: Nitroglycerin, Stroke
On eHealthMe, Nitroglycerin (nitroglycerin) is often used for chest pain. Find out below the conditions Nitroglycerin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Nitroglycerin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Nitroglycerin, Stroke
Recent Nitroglycerin related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Nitroglycerin, Stroke
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (2 hours ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (2 hours ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- High Blood Cholesterol and Dark Circles Under Eyes
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (4 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (5 hours ago)
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
- Lian Zi Xin
- Lymph Nodes Scan Abnormal
- Vicodin Hp