Review: could Nitroglycerin cause Stroke?
Summary: Stroke is found among people who take Nitroglycerin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 24,029 people who have side effects while taking Nitroglycerin from FDA and social media. Among them, 779 have Stroke. Find out below who they are, when they have Stroke and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nitroglycerin and have Stroke >>>
Nitroglycerin has active ingredients of nitroglycerin. It is often used in chest pain. (latest outcomes from 24,161 Nitroglycerin users)
Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen) has been reported by people with diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 93,279 Stroke patients)
On Mar, 11, 2015: 24,029 people reported to have side effects when taking Nitroglycerin. Among them, 779 people (3.24%) have Stroke.
Time on Nitroglycerin when people have Stroke * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Stroke when taking Nitroglycerin * :
Age of people who have Stroke when taking Nitroglycerin * :
Severity of Stroke when taking Nitroglycerin ** :
How people recovered from Stroke ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (99 people, 12.71%)
- Pain (96 people, 12.32%)
- Multiple myeloma (64 people, 8.22%)
- Anxiety (58 people, 7.45%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (40 people, 5.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (318 people, 40.82%)
- Plavix (283 people, 36.33%)
- Lasix (274 people, 35.17%)
- Trasylol (260 people, 33.38%)
- Heparin (243 people, 31.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of nitroglycerin and stroke on
Do you have Stroke while taking Nitroglycerin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Nitroglycerin and have Stroke
- support group for people who take Nitroglycerin
- support group for people who have Stroke
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Nitroglycerin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Atenolol, Sertraline, Lorazepam, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Zetia, Crestor, Metformin, Zonisamide, Vimpat, Gabapentin for a 50-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Chest Pain, Angina, Heart Rate Decreased, Depression, Stress And Anxiety, Fluid Retention, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Diabetes, Neuropathy. The patient has Blurred Vision, Urination - Bed Wetting, Pain - Back, Bloating, Headache, Foot Pain, Pain - Leg
- A study of drug interactions between Benicar, Nitroglycerin, Ranexa for a 48-year old man with Variant Angina, Angina. The patient has Beating Heart Surgery, Csf Pressure, Chest Discomfort
- A study of side effects of Nitroglycerin for a 48-year old man with Heart Disease. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of side effects of Azathioprine for a 60-year old woman with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen)
Recent Nitroglycerin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.