Review: could Nitroglycerin cause Thin blood (Thrombocytopenia )?
Summary: Thin blood is found among people who take Nitroglycerin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 24,029 people who have side effects while taking Nitroglycerin from FDA and social media. Among them, 278 have Thin blood. Find out below who they are, when they have Thin blood and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nitroglycerin and have Thin blood >>>
Nitroglycerin has active ingredients of nitroglycerin. It is often used in chest pain. (latest outcomes from 24,161 Nitroglycerin users)
Thin blood has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, preventive health care, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. (latest reports from 41,017 Thin blood patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 24,029 people reported to have side effects when taking Nitroglycerin. Among them, 278 people (1.16%) have Thin Blood.
Time on Nitroglycerin when people have Thin blood * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Thin blood||80.00%||10.00%||0.00%||10.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Thin blood when taking Nitroglycerin * :
|Thin blood||37.59%||62.41% |
Age of people who have Thin blood when taking Nitroglycerin * :
|Thin blood||0.00%||0.00%||1.12%||1.12%||1.12%||4.46%||13.01%||79.18% |
Severity of Thin blood when taking Nitroglycerin ** :
How people recovered from Thin blood ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (13 people, 4.68%)
- Nausea (10 people, 3.60%)
- Angina pectoris (10 people, 3.60%)
- Prostate cancer metastatic (10 people, 3.60%)
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (8 people, 2.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (109 people, 39.21%)
- Lasix (59 people, 21.22%)
- Plavix (54 people, 19.42%)
- Furosemide (48 people, 17.27%)
- Heparin (44 people, 15.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Thin Blood while taking Nitroglycerin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Nitroglycerin and have Thin Blood
- support group for people who take Nitroglycerin
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Nitroglycerin for a 53-year old woman with Enlarged Heart. The patient has Device Damage
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Nitroglycerin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Atenolol, Sertraline, Lorazepam, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Zetia, Crestor, Metformin, Zonisamide, Vimpat, Gabapentin for a 50-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Chest Pain, Angina, Heart Rate Decreased, Depression, Stress And Anxiety, Fluid Retention, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Diabetes, Neuropathy. The patient has Blurred Vision, Urination - Bed Wetting, Pain - Back, Bloating, Headache, Foot Pain, Pain - Leg
- A study of drug interactions between Benicar, Nitroglycerin, Ranexa for a 48-year old man with Variant Angina, Angina. The patient has Beating Heart Surgery, Csf Pressure, Chest Discomfort
- A study of side effects of Viagra for a 39-year old man with Impotence. The patient has Platelet Count Decreased
Recent Nitroglycerin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.