Review: could Norco cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people who take Norco, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Pepcid, and have Pain.
We study 5,956 people who have side effects while taking Norco from FDA and social media. Among them, 26 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Norco and have High blood sugar >>>
Norco has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 6,891 Norco users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 17,128 High blood sugar patients)
On Apr, 14, 2015: 5,956 people reported to have side effects when taking Norco. Among them, 26 people (0.44%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Norco when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Norco * :
|High blood sugar||73.08%||26.92% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Norco * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.17%||0.00%||37.50%||37.50%||20.83% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Norco ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (8 people, 30.77%)
- Osteoporosis (7 people, 26.92%)
- Nausea (6 people, 23.08%)
- Anxiety (6 people, 23.08%)
- Depression (5 people, 19.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Pepcid (8 people, 30.77%)
- Duragesic-100 (8 people, 30.77%)
- Ativan (8 people, 30.77%)
- Norvasc (8 people, 30.77%)
- Amylase (7 people, 26.92%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of norco and high blood sugar on
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Norco?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Norco and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Norco
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Clonazepam for a 62-year old woman with Pain - Back, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Low Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Zanaflex for a 43-year old woman with Pain, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Anxiety, Heart Rate Increased, Spider Fingers
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Norco, Topamax for a 34-year old woman with ADD, Chronic Pain, Migraine. The patient has Ulcer - Stomach
Recent Norco related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.