Review: could Norco cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people who take Norco, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Pepcid, and have Pain.
We study 5,956 people who have side effects while taking Norco from FDA and social media. Among them, 26 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Norco and have High blood sugar >>>
Norco has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 6,886 Norco users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 17,128 High blood sugar patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 5,951 people reported to have side effects when taking Norco. Among them, 26 people (0.44%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Norco when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Norco * :
|High blood sugar||73.08%||26.92% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Norco * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.17%||0.00%||37.50%||37.50%||20.83% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Norco ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (8 people, 30.77%)
- Osteoporosis (7 people, 26.92%)
- Nausea (6 people, 23.08%)
- Anxiety (6 people, 23.08%)
- Depression (5 people, 19.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Pepcid (8 people, 30.77%)
- Duragesic-100 (8 people, 30.77%)
- Ativan (8 people, 30.77%)
- Norvasc (8 people, 30.77%)
- Amylase (7 people, 26.92%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of norco and high blood sugar on
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Norco?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Norco and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Norco
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 55-year old man with Hip Pain. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen, Lortab for a 56-year old woman with Pain - Shoulder. The patient has Hot Flashes
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Norco, Coreg for a 57-year old woman with To Add To Coreg For Heart Condition, Pain - Shoulder, Dilated Cardiomyopathy. The patient has Pain In Left Side Of Neck And Back Of Left Side Of Head. Pain In Left Inter Ear.
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Losartan Potassium, Pravastatin Sodium, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression. The patient has Obesity, Thirst - Excessive
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
Recent Norco related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.