Home > Nortriptyline hydrochloride > Confusion > Nortriptyline hydrochloride and Confusion
Review: could Nortriptyline hydrochloride cause Confusion?
Summary: Confusion is found among people who take Nortriptyline hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Prilosec, and have Anxiety disorder.
We study 956 people who have side effects while taking Nortriptyline hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 16 have Confusion. Find out below who they are, when they have Confusion and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nortriptyline hydrochloride and have Confusion >>>
Nortriptyline hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 1,490 users) has active ingredients of nortriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in migraine.
Confusion (latest reports from 36,429 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 27, 2014: 956 people reported to have side effects when taking Nortriptyline hydrochloride. Among them, 16 people (1.67%) have Confusion.
Time on Nortriptyline hydrochloride when people have Confusion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Confusion when taking Nortriptyline hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Confusion when taking Nortriptyline hydrochloride * :
Severity of Confusion when taking Nortriptyline hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Confusion ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety disorder (2 people, 12.50%)
- High blood pressure (2 people, 12.50%)
- Depression - chronic (2 people, 12.50%)
- Fibromyalgia (1 people, 6.25%)
- High blood cholesterol and triglycerides (1 people, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (4 people, 25.00%)
- Ambien (4 people, 25.00%)
- Compazine (3 people, 18.75%)
- Propulsid (2 people, 12.50%)
- Amoxil (2 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Confusion while taking Nortriptyline Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nortriptyline hydrochloride and have Confusion
- support group for people who take Nortriptyline hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Confusion
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Shortness Of Breath, Confusion, Sleepy, and takes Vicodin)
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
- I have had 2 eye stye in past 3 weeks and have been taking 125mr of nortriptyline. can the styles be a side effect of the nortriptyline?
(Asked by a 47 year old man who has Depression, and takes Nortriptyline Hydrochloride)
I've beem taking 125mg of nortriptyline for depression. In the past three weeks I've suffered two eye styes and wanted to know if this is a side effect of the nortriptyline. I started on nortriptyline towards the end of November 2013 and started at 25 mg gradually increasing the dosage to 125mg wh ...
- What are the symptoms of withdraw from depo estrace injections
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Chest Wall Pain, Confusion, and takes Depo-estradiol)
I want to know what kind of withdraw effects to expect with this drug. Been on it awhile and think I need to get off.
- Is tinnitus known to be a effect of nortriptyline, crestor, clopidogrel, or metoprolol?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Tinnitus, and takes Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Crestor, Metoprolol Tartrate, Clopidogrel)
I am taking these drugs and wonder if they are contributing to my tinnitus, in particular Notriptyline or the combination of all four drugs.
- Can nortriptyline help with suboxone withdrawal
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has PTSD, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Addiction - Drug, and takes Suboxone, Clonazepam, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride)
My Dr just prescribed me nortriptyline for stress induced migraines, nausea, vomiting, and stomach pains. She knows about all my meds but the suboxone I'm not prescribed them I get them from a friend. I've been on the suboxone for about 5 years now and can't handle the withdrawals but I've gone from ...
More questions for: Nortriptyline hydrochloride, Confusion
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Xanax bed wetting will it stop and do i wear diapers or die
(Posted by a 48 year old man who has Bedwetting, Confusion, Bone And Joint Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Depression Suicidal, Backaches And Stress, and takes Xanax, Acetaminophen, Wellbutrin, Methadone Hydrochloride, Norco)
I am on the very edge of crazy. So starting this is pushing ne way over. I'm 49 for crap sakes. I am so tired of the pain in my body and I am just tired, this is the last slap I can't anymore. Naturally alcohol I am sure is just about the end game along with cuts.
Just want to bleed out and not hur ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
(Posted by a 16 year old girl who has Asthma, Migraines, Dizziness, Tightness In Chest, Difficulty Breathing, Confusion, Unable To Speak Or Swallow, Swollen Neck, Abdominal Pain, Unable To Walk, Neck Pain, Shaking Uncontrollably, Loss Of Feeling In Right Side, and takes Sumatriptan)
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- 57 year old male diagnosed with stage 2 hypertension
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Hopelessness, Anxiety, Confusion, Extreme Fatigue, and takes Lisinopril)
Started on 20mg once a day, I was working long hours so I'm not sure when the fatigue first started. At physical doctor thought the dosage should be doubled. In a few days the fatigue started to become overwhelming. I was having a hard time staying awake, not because I was drowsy but felt that we ...
More reviews for: Nortriptyline hydrochloride, Confusion
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Claritin-d, Krill Oil, Vitamin D, SAM-e, Dexilant, Buspirone Hcl, Buspar, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Frequent Yeast Infections, Allergies, Bipolar 2, Vitamin D, Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder, Migraine. The patient has Urinary Incontinence
Comments: It's been happening for about a month now. I only leak if I cough or sneeze hard. Typically even if I've urinated recently if the action is hard enough. Amounts released do very depending on the severity of the action.
- A study of drug interactions between Morphine Sulfate, Lisinopril, Diazepam, Abilify, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate for a patient with Pain In Limb, Hypertension, Anxiety And Stress, Major Depression, Chronic Depression, Adhd. The patient has Disorientation, Hand Shaking, Double Vision
Comments: I started taking bupropion for depression 6 mos ago. A month ago I added paroxetine. About 2 wks ago I started Abilify at 1 mg/day. Several days after starting Abilify I developed diplopia so severe I could hardly drive. I stopped the Abilify 6 days ago and the diplopia and disorientation has improv ...
- A study of side effects of Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Depression Associated With Shingles. The patient has Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination), Burning Sensation, Bladder Not Emptying
Comments: My doctor put me on Nortriptyline while I was suffering from Shingles and had severe depression, itching, and nerve pain on July 27, 2014. Today is Aug 2, 2014 and I have been having urinary bladder difficulty not emptying while going to the bathroom for about 2 weeks. The last three days have been ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ginkgo Biloba, Iron EDTA, Vitamin D, B12, Multivitamin, Metformin, Furosemide, Captopril, Carvedilol for a patient with Memory Loss, Low Blood Sugar, Iga Deficiency, Enzyme Supplementation, Diabetes, Hypertension - Essential, Hypertension. The patient has Confusion, Memory Loss
Comments: I lost a lot of time during a 9 month period, I can't remember what I said or did. I'm being brought up on charges of writing prescription medications after my Controlled License expired. I forgot to renew it. My husband thinks that I've lost it. I couldn't remember how to do the simplest things. I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Metformin, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Reflux Gastritis, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Depression. The patient has Vomiting Aggravated, Hiccups
Comments: He has severe hiccups with vomiting that will last for weeks at a time & tend to come in cycles lasting 10-12 days continuous & cycle every 2-3 weeks........ He is unable to speak once it starts and even has severe breathing attacks during hiccups. He has been to the ER multiple times, to no avail. ...
More related studies for: Nortriptyline hydrochloride, Confusion
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.