Review: could Nortriptyline hydrochloride cause Confusion?
Summary: Confusion is found among people who take Nortriptyline hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Prilosec, and have Anxiety disorder.
We study 964 people who have side effects while taking Nortriptyline hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 16 have Confusion. Find out below who they are, when they have Confusion and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nortriptyline hydrochloride and have Confusion >>>
Nortriptyline hydrochloride has active ingredients of nortriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Nortriptyline hydrochloride 1,490 users)
Confusion has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Confusion 36,429 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 956 people reported to have side effects when taking Nortriptyline hydrochloride. Among them, 16 people (1.67%) have Confusion.
Time on Nortriptyline hydrochloride when people have Confusion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Confusion when taking Nortriptyline hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Confusion when taking Nortriptyline hydrochloride * :
Severity of Confusion when taking Nortriptyline hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Confusion ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety disorder (2 people, 12.50%)
- High blood pressure (2 people, 12.50%)
- Depression - chronic (2 people, 12.50%)
- Fibromyalgia (1 people, 6.25%)
- High blood cholesterol and triglycerides (1 people, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (4 people, 25.00%)
- Ambien (4 people, 25.00%)
- Compazine (3 people, 18.75%)
- Propulsid (2 people, 12.50%)
- Amoxil (2 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Confusion while taking Nortriptyline Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Nortriptyline hydrochloride and have Confusion
- support group for people who take Nortriptyline hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Confusion
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Nortriptyline hydrochloride, Confusion
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Xanax bed wetting will it stop and do i wear diapers or die (1 response)
I am on the very edge of crazy. So starting this is pushing ne way over. I'm 49 for crap sakes. I am so tired of the pain in my body and I am just tired, this is the last slap I can't anymore. Naturally alcohol I am sure is just about the end game along with cuts.
Just want to bleed out and not hurt anymore and be so scared to leave my house or sleep. I just want to sleep forever.
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- 57 year old male diagnosed with stage 2 hypertension
Started on 20mg once a day, I was working long hours so I'm not sure when the fatigue first started. At physical doctor thought the dosage should be doubled. In a few days the fatigue started to become overwhelming. I was having a hard time staying awake, not because I was drowsy but felt that weak. I thought it was because I was working on a difficult project. No amount of rest could alleviate the extreme severe fatigue. I was tired all the time, even on weekends and holidays. I have never felt so run down. I thought it was my job causing these issues. I was almost ready to leave the job because of my concerns about my fatigue. I then considered, it might be the Lisinopril. I stopped taking it for a couple of days and then went back to my 20mg dosage. I felt much better but I am considering not taking any. At 40 mg it lowered my blood pressure but I have a daily rise in BP due to my commute and that still continued. This drug scares me. I had never been so overwhelmed.
More reviews for: Nortriptyline hydrochloride, Confusion
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Loratadine was prescribed for "sinus headaches" by pediatric doctor, medicine has had no significant impact on allergies or the headaches it was originally prescribed for. Listed symptoms first noticed after approx. 1 to 1.5 years of continuous use.
- I just stopped taking lomotil, day two of four day wean. Very saddened to think this med is causing. Only thing so far that stopped my wattery diahrrea. I have sever IBS-D. I am very hyper sensitive, have been on meds since October 27, 2014.
Only thing they could rule out it was only thing new. Sa ...
- It's been happening for about a month now. I only leak if I cough or sneeze hard. Typically even if I've urinated recently if the action is hard enough. Amounts released do very depending on the severity of the action.
- I started taking bupropion for depression 6 mos ago. A month ago I added paroxetine. About 2 wks ago I started Abilify at 1 mg/day. Several days after starting Abilify I developed diplopia so severe I could hardly drive. I stopped the Abilify 6 days ago and the diplopia and disorientation has improv ...
- My doctor put me on Nortriptyline while I was suffering from Shingles and had severe depression, itching, and nerve pain on July 27, 2014. Today is Aug 2, 2014 and I have been having urinary bladder difficulty not emptying while going to the bathroom for about 2 weeks. The last three days have been ...
More related studies for: Nortriptyline hydrochloride, Confusion
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.