Review: could Nortriptyline hydrochloride cause High blood pressure?
Summary: High blood pressure is found among people who take Nortriptyline hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Gabapentin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 981 people who have side effects while taking Nortriptyline hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 33 have High blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Nortriptyline hydrochloride and have High blood pressure >>>
Nortriptyline hydrochloride has active ingredients of nortriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 1,512 Nortriptyline hydrochloride users)
High blood pressure
High blood pressure has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 330,147 High blood pressure patients)
On Apr, 5, 2015: 981 people reported to have side effects when taking Nortriptyline hydrochloride. Among them, 26 people (2.65%) have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Nortriptyline hydrochloride when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||28.57%||14.29%||0.00%||14.29%||14.29%||14.29%||14.29% |
Gender of people who have High blood pressure when taking Nortriptyline hydrochloride * :
|High blood pressure||60.00%||40.00% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Nortriptyline hydrochloride * :
|High blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||22.73%||36.36%||13.64%||27.27% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Nortriptyline hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||85.71%||0.00%||14.29% |
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood pressure||25.00%||25.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (5 people, 19.23%)
- Depression (5 people, 19.23%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (3 people, 11.54%)
- Anxiety (3 people, 11.54%)
- Insomnia (3 people, 11.54%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Gabapentin (6 people, 23.08%)
- Neurontin (5 people, 19.23%)
- Morphine sulfate (4 people, 15.38%)
- Warfarin sodium (4 people, 15.38%)
- Roxicet (4 people, 15.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of nortriptyline hydrochloride and high blood pressure on
Do you have High Blood Pressure while taking Nortriptyline Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Nortriptyline hydrochloride and have High Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Nortriptyline hydrochloride
- support group for people who have High Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Mobic, Gabapentin for a 35-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Elbow Pain, Nerve Pain. The patient has Nerve Pain, High Blood Pressure, Tingling And Numbness, Burning Sensation
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Baclofen, Gabapentin, Viibryd, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 33-year old woman with Supraventricular Tachycardia, Fibromyalgia, Depression. The patient has Pain, Blurred Vision, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of side effects of Humira for a 53-year old woman with Crohn's Disease. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Codeprex, Celexa, Depakote for a 40-year old woman with Pain, Pain, Depression, Migraine With Aura.
- A study of drug interactions between Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Complera, Tapazole for a 55-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety, Hiv Infection Cdc Category A1, Hyperthyroidism. The patient has Anxiety And Stress, High Blood Pressure
Recent Nortriptyline hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.